Hays

Hays Management reviews

I have worked for Hays nearly 19.5 years and have seen many changes over the years not all of them for the best. There is no staff loyalty and if you are not one of the favoured people you probably won't progress no matter how hard you work.
Pros
Colleagues are friendly
Cons
Management is only focussed on the bottom line and not the staff
I felt well supported and valued during the recent Corona crisis - the return of students and staff to schools has proved to be possible although there is feeling amongst staff that further restrictions might be imposed at some stage. This leads to problems obtaining more hours at Cavendish and going to other schools is not recommended as it might spread the virus.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of security
Hays will treat you like a number not a person, you are replaceable and treated as such, lots of bullying and gossiping happens a lot of internal politics and keeping multiple managers happy.You will be pushed on to whatever desk suits their needs even if it causes you to drop your monthly income from the desk you've been doing.Don't expect any recognition or praise when you're performing, but do expect micro management and to be spoken to like your dirt when you under perform by even the smallest margin.Also expect to be made guilty for not working through your lunch break or at least if you take the whole hour.
Pros
Good training, Good experience to set you up for future roles.
Cons
Quite long hours, pay is low compared to most other agencies, all admin tasks expected to be done by consultants. work culture not the best.
Lack of communication when i startedGot my pay wrong every weekDeductions were made without discussing with meHad to chase them everyday to sort issues outWas left unhappyWouldnt recomend at allThey dont respect you or care once you start with them
Cons
lack of communication
Absolutely horrible behavior. Worst agency what I ever seen (and this is really a win compared to other British agencies). They have no effort at all to look a job for you, nor will they try. I didn't get a single job offer from them after two months. This agency is completely useless, don't waste time with them at all.
Pros
Really good company and friendly collegues, great management ( worked in Leicester office ) Really welcoming and good facilaties, not feeling monitored and you recive good training from the company. If you want to progress you'll have good opportunity to do so.
Pros
Good managment, management, nice and clean office, after works
Cons
Can be stressful
Great for students! Management is very responsive. Clients are very kind and supportive. Flexibility is required. Great learning experience. Would highly recommend
Pros
lovely management
Interesting environment and lots of personalities that believe information is power and that it shouldn't be shared amongst others and the team... High stress levels encouraged instead of high performing sales..
Pros
The training is diligent.
Cons
High stress environments created by management
I had never worked in primary setting before and school provided no training at all on how to deliver lessons for me or other temporary staff members. Consultants promised they would communicate with business administration at school to express my needs, for months nothing changed. Consultants changed in my case all the time and it was hard calling round to find who my new consultant was. Didn’t sit well with me at all. If timesheet error happens with Payroll could take some time to have this sorted, departments are not directly connected. If your looking for mentoring or career coaching, advice and guidance about next steps when contract ends best chances are look else where.
Pros
Ok if you want temporary work. Can help to develop time management skills, setting learning goals with children, and creating schedule for work
Cons
Can’t fully meet your living costs if you live in London, Scope for progress beyond current job position is very low, Hiring company has real obligations towards you for providing training or mentoring, Don’t expect qualified staff to be supportive to your career needs.
A fast pasted environment, with strict deadlines to be held, management support and in house training were great. I felt the office culture was work hard, be rewarded. The company promote lots of charity events which everyone could get involved. The hardest part and the most enjoyable of the role was trying to ensure all tasks were meet while keeping customer service level at a high
Fast paced, micro managed, very busy environment, opportunity to advance, high turnover of staff. Large client base. Take on lots of graduates to develop into the hays way of doing things.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Mico management
They made me leave my job and promised and pestered me all week long only for the job to disappear and leave me without a job for Christmas Joke of a company They literally don’t care about the people doing the work
work offered to me: very short notice, I could accept or decline an assigment. Pay was agreed by both me and Hays.Timewise, jobs varied one day to a month.Management could be contacted for assistance anytime during the contract period, management also visited work sites.
Sales role in a highly target driven environment. Time management was key. 360 recruitment role, competitive market Focus on business development calls and KPIs
We were all industrious, but interspersed with moments of humour learning about this new field of occupation through our interaction with colleagues. Whilst experiencing the minimum interference from management which enabled us all to be more productive.
I have worked periodically for over 7 years with hays agency and they are by far the more honest and understandable agencym. Most agencies dont care how they treat workers.. hays are fanctastic . Highly reccomend
Un mediu de lucru placut, cu o echipa extraordinara si management corespunzator. Salariul insa, pentru pozitia pe care am avut-o, nu e chiar ideal.
They treated me unfairly, everyone speaks about one another, they take money out of your salary, some of them are racist. They say in the contract they will pay you for sick pay but they don't actually. They do not care if someone in you family has passed away they still expect you to come into work. They give no training whatsoever either. The things ive heard about this place just horrifies me
All employees are cogs in the machine. Unless you are bringing in bog money management don't warm to you. HR department used to kick people out and not get in trouble
Pros
I would advise potential 'candidates' to avoid working through Hays as a temporary work. They had made a number of mistakes which and the 'complaint' procedure was ineffective.
I enjoyed working with Hays. The managment is very nice, helpful and respectful. The only reason i left was because it is an agency and you will be working in different places which I didnt like it.
Pros
really nice Management
Cons
everyday working in different school