Hays

Hays Pay & benefits reviews

Hays is a good company to work for but some places , you are send to work the rate of pay is low , because the cost of living is high.Please take a well paid contract, so that you pay the workers well
Pros
Cons
Free lunch time
It's great, they have assigned me to excellent work environment. I'm enjoying work and I'm good at what I'm working as, the people are friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Paid breaks
Hays will treat you like a number not a person, you are replaceable and treated as such, lots of bullying and gossiping happens a lot of internal politics and keeping multiple managers happy.You will be pushed on to whatever desk suits their needs even if it causes you to drop your monthly income from the desk you've been doing.Don't expect any recognition or praise when you're performing, but do expect micro management and to be spoken to like your dirt when you under perform by even the smallest margin.Also expect to be made guilty for not working through your lunch break or at least if you take the whole hour.
Pros
Good training, Good experience to set you up for future roles.
Cons
Quite long hours, pay is low compared to most other agencies, all admin tasks expected to be done by consultants. work culture not the best.
Was a long time since I worked here, but I doubt it has changed. Good things are they will invest in your training and give you every opportunity to succeed and it is a true meritocracy so you can get promoted quickly if you work hard and achieve results. Recruitment consultants spend a lot of time on the telephone cold-calling, so have a thick skin. Hays is a big brand so you have that backing, but it is a ruthless culture, backstabbing, shallow and unpleasant. And if you don't produce results, you'll be out the door pretty quickly. Also, I felt I had to act unethically to push candidates into unsuitable jobs to meet sales targets. If you are very ambitious, ruthless, completely money orientated with little empathy or ethics, you will do well here. I progressed to manager level, so I was good, but in the end my conscience got the better of me. Lastly, when you leave, don't think they'll thank you for years of service, you're marched out of the door, ex-colleagues are banned from speaking to you, bad mouthed, then you have to fight to get your commission paid (paid in arrears).
Pros
Big company benefits, rapid career progression.
Cons
Unrewarding work, culture, the nastiest people go far at Hays.
Be careful when planning your work calender through Hays. I work LTD company and have to plan my income carefully. I've worked several roles via hays that have went well but I've also equally had several contracts offered a month in advance and subsequently cancelled with 1 working day notice, leaving me no time to arrange alternate income. When explaining this to Hays, I was met with no empathy in their response. Hays weren't really too fussed when I raised just how much of an inconvenience rhus was and how it impacts my income and planning. Just a 'that's how it works' response - it's not how things work but obviously hays don't care if they end up with desperate and low skilled 'engineers' - companies like this will gradually end up with the chaff of the workforce and all competent engineers will find work with reliable and reputable agencies. I won't be working via hays again - they obviously only care about the commission and not the welfare of their engineers. I should have gathered this when I saw engineers turning up in tracksuits for IT roles LOL If your desperate, then maybe work for Hays. But beware, you'll end up with all the other desperate engineers and have absolutely zero contract security.
Pros
Difficult to find any
Cons
Cancellation culture, inexperienced engineers in unprofessional attire, poor pay
Hays is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is at the beginning of their career. The salary is not great and the working hours are long, and high levels of autonomy are expected with each person however this is a great starting step for graduates or placement students to gain organisation and independent working skills
Never a problem with them. Always paid on time. Hours are accurate. Easy to get hold of your contact. Will do their best to find you continuous work. Will use again
Pros
Punctual
Cons
Horrible agency to work for!! Very tight deadlines for wage slips, so the place you work for is responsible for submitting your timesheet and if they accepted it late (which is out of your control) you were paid late. You accrue you’re own holiday pay, for example a £1 taken from you for every hour you work. Then at Christmas is all your holidays aren’t used you lose them. Even though it’s your own money!!! And I was this around November time and was expected to try squeeze my holidays in December (which for any workplace is impossible) to top it all off I was being underpaid £2 an hour for over a year (which you can imagine mounted up to a lot of money) then I had to fight for months to be paid it back. Credit to one of the directors however for personally calling me and apologising. Don’t feel like you get a lot of help the phone, you end up chasing things up yourself. Then when I left I gave two weeks notice and called after I had left to claim holiday pay back and they didn’t even know I had left.
I was working with Hays with a team of Painters and Handmans from Greater Manchester. They was happy with to with them as a friend. And i like my job and i enjoy when i painting.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffe
Cons
8.00 Hours a day
This company is a bunch of muppets as when op out the pension they still take money and also when you leave they still take holiday money so void like the plague.
Hays is a good place to work as a consultant but you have to put the hours in, sometimes even at weekends. That is how you earn extra money, through bonuses and fees. As I was not a consultant I felt my job was not as important because I did not make any money for the company, although my job was important due to checking compliance and ensuring that all candidates were legal to live and work in the UK, it made me feel not quite part of the team. They do a lot of charity collections which is good and they also play hard as well as work hard.
Please remember you're just a number to this company, they say you will be on 10.80 an hour and then take 1.80 an hour of you for holiday pay, so you pay for your own annual leave. The payroll is somewhat to be desired but when they get it right its a good company to work for
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
Pay for your own holiday
They're good for helping people secure temporary administration jobs. However, it's a shame they don't offer more creative or permanent roles. This would help them to reach more varied clientele.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short-term jobs
Un mediu de lucru placut, cu o echipa extraordinara si management corespunzator. Salariul insa, pentru pozitia pe care am avut-o, nu e chiar ideal.
They treated me unfairly, everyone speaks about one another, they take money out of your salary, some of them are racist. They say in the contract they will pay you for sick pay but they don't actually. They do not care if someone in you family has passed away they still expect you to come into work. They give no training whatsoever either. The things ive heard about this place just horrifies me
Enjoyable to work for . helpful Lots of opportunity to progress and learn new skills. Wages always paid on time in the bank .only dispute was hourly rate.
HAYS are a decent company to work with as long as the work is available for you. When you are in work its easy & straight forward and you get paid every week which is a bonus.
I asked for temp work and temp work is what i received, they are a little temperamental with pay. I started doing three days a week, requested more time, was given five days a week but they lowered my hourly rate... and wouldn't let me go back to three days, so i was working more time for the same pay.
They charge you more fee for your payroll than other companies, 20 pounds a week. They do not tell you that your holidays is included in your hour rate. You end up working for 7 pounds an hour in a very hard and unhealthy job. I do not recommend this company, it's like an Umbrella ...
Pros
nothing
Cons
all of them, hard wotk, low earn, cheat.
OK to work for as a temporary agency worker. I would work for them again. They do not seem to focus on temporary jobs that are good pay - low end of the spectrum when I worked for them.
Cons
low pay which is a down side of temping
Un trabajo estupendo que te enseña mucho sobre la vida y además muy buen sueldo y buena gente
Pros
Sueldo competitivo
Cons
Puede ser peligroso