Hays

Hays Work-life balance reviews

I always felt supported and got plenty of work from them, sometimes too much! On the whole, they were a great stop- gap for me while I searched for a permanent position. My team leader was lovely & approachable. Hard work but rewarding.
Pros
Good company, lots of work.
Cons
Too much travelling.
I absolutely loved working with Hays. The Truro team were wonderful people, hard working and tenacious. The company provided huge amounts of training, and unlimited opportunities to move up, earn more and even travel the world.
Pros
Unlimited Career Opportunities
Cons
Lits of outbound calling which wasnt always appropriate for rural areas like Cornwall.
Hays will treat you like a number not a person, you are replaceable and treated as such, lots of bullying and gossiping happens a lot of internal politics and keeping multiple managers happy.You will be pushed on to whatever desk suits their needs even if it causes you to drop your monthly income from the desk you've been doing.Don't expect any recognition or praise when you're performing, but do expect micro management and to be spoken to like your dirt when you under perform by even the smallest margin.Also expect to be made guilty for not working through your lunch break or at least if you take the whole hour.
Pros
Good training, Good experience to set you up for future roles.
Cons
Quite long hours, pay is low compared to most other agencies, all admin tasks expected to be done by consultants. work culture not the best.
Was a long time since I worked here, but I doubt it has changed. Good things are they will invest in your training and give you every opportunity to succeed and it is a true meritocracy so you can get promoted quickly if you work hard and achieve results. Recruitment consultants spend a lot of time on the telephone cold-calling, so have a thick skin. Hays is a big brand so you have that backing, but it is a ruthless culture, backstabbing, shallow and unpleasant. And if you don't produce results, you'll be out the door pretty quickly. Also, I felt I had to act unethically to push candidates into unsuitable jobs to meet sales targets. If you are very ambitious, ruthless, completely money orientated with little empathy or ethics, you will do well here. I progressed to manager level, so I was good, but in the end my conscience got the better of me. Lastly, when you leave, don't think they'll thank you for years of service, you're marched out of the door, ex-colleagues are banned from speaking to you, bad mouthed, then you have to fight to get your commission paid (paid in arrears).
Pros
Big company benefits, rapid career progression.
Cons
Unrewarding work, culture, the nastiest people go far at Hays.
A fast pasted environment, with strict deadlines to be held, management support and in house training were great. I felt the office culture was work hard, be rewarded. The company promote lots of charity events which everyone could get involved. The hardest part and the most enjoyable of the role was trying to ensure all tasks were meet while keeping customer service level at a high
a very nice place to work work. focuses heavily on team exercises and also provides incredible training for new starters. also offers good incentives to promote good work ethic.
Hays is a good place to work as a consultant but you have to put the hours in, sometimes even at weekends. That is how you earn extra money, through bonuses and fees. As I was not a consultant I felt my job was not as important because I did not make any money for the company, although my job was important due to checking compliance and ensuring that all candidates were legal to live and work in the UK, it made me feel not quite part of the team. They do a lot of charity collections which is good and they also play hard as well as work hard.
A great company, however the role itself has lots of difficulties. It is a very tough role and work life balance is very difficult to maintain as hours are long.
wouldnt even bother the stress of even signing up with them. One month it took me to enroll their if that werent a joke enough 50 days for my dbs to come through was called nearly everyday asking if it was back because they needed me for work. So it comes back ive done one day which i travelled over a hour too! they then paid me £37 for a 10am till 5pm shift....oh no i wasnt it didnt even come and i was ignored when asking about it. good job i have another job.
Un mediu de lucru placut, cu o echipa extraordinara si management corespunzator. Salariul insa, pentru pozitia pe care am avut-o, nu e chiar ideal.
Whilst working for Hays my day consisted of leasing with different departments that were relevant to my job role. I learned how to organise the refresh of IT equipment within the company. The workplace culture was relaxed but tense at times due to the demands of the job and also due to constraint implemented due to budgetary constraints. The hardest part of the job was getting my head around the task at hand, to begin with which was quickly resolved. I had an excellent work-life balance and never had any problems whilst working with the company.
Perfect employer to begin a career in recruitment.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Un trabajo estupendo que te enseña mucho sobre la vida y además muy buen sueldo y buena gente
Pros
Sueldo competitivo
Cons
Puede ser peligroso
Fit for purpose for me while looking for my next career option, but as I'm not wanting a full time perm offer from them the wage and offers I find poor.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay
I worked for many years at Hays, and loved every minute of it, it has its ups and downs. I started here as a trainee, then i quickly gained promotion to consultant, senior consultant and operations manager. Hays has an amazing training programme that takes you through your whole career. They will put a lot of time and money into you as a person. It is hard work and they will expect you to work hard and achieve but they reward you well for it, so it balances itself out. I have some fond memory's working here and only left due to personal circumstances at the time. I would highly recommend any new consultant to work here, if you really do want to have a successful career.
I enjoyed my time with Hays in Angel it was a fun office but long hours big workload and low wages made me move on very fast. I was located in the RBS building which was exciting being surround by all the important bankers.
Pros
Interesting building and location
Cons
Poor wages
Unfortunately a company of this size and stature does not accommodate employees with disabilities and management do not have any patience. There is a lot of favoritism (if you're billing) and the culture is very archaic (organ grinder and monkey style) The leadership team is male dominate and the environment quite stressful which explains the massive drinking culture and incentives around drinking (encouraged by managements). Oh and if you don't drink you won't be invited to early finishes at pub. Not a fair or equal environment to be in.
Pros
uncapped commission
Cons
hostile environment, long hours, poor unqualified management, no progression
hays is a big agency I enjoyed working there because I met lovely people. There were never problems with payment, always payed on time. They were very helpful when I needed something.
Pros
easy work
Cons
sometimes long hours
won't really know until their is any works for me too compare people can only review works they are or have been entailed in not imagine what it could be like
Pros
people
Cons
local
Rewarding but can be long hours and sales incentive related. Training was provided and support given to help people get up to speed quickly. Team was supportive.
Pros
Bonus from sales
Cons
Long hours and pressure
I have only done one assignment for Hays so far, but have found them to be a great company to work for, the company I worked for was a much larger office than I had worked for in the past
  1. Work-Life Balance