Hays
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Hays

Hays Employee Review

Quick and secure way to find temporary work in Edinburgh

Overall a good experience and my first contract was a nice job just not what I wanted or in the location I requested, but if you want to work then I think they will always find you something. Initial paperwork and wages/holiday pay bit confused but sorted quickly. As Senior management not many higher paid challenging roles available for me and I would really struggle to survive and remain interested in a general admin/secretarial role. I found all the Edinburgh office team friendly and helpful so would definitely recommend them as this is my 2nd interaction with them in the last few years.

Pros

Immediate, secure work

Cons

Poor rates of pay, unless willing to make a longer commute, no benefit to working from home as have to pay extra for bills for the same money.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

had a variety of experiences

I worked on various placements and met an assortment of people.Learned new skills and how different companies operated. Some of the work was stressful, but overall I enjoyed the experience

Pros

could choose when to work

Cons

did not always have continuous work
Same role

Local company with local people

Held and covered a range of jobs whilst with Hays, from Reception to PA duties for Depot's General Manager. Worked with a range of teams and management were always supportive of my progress and learning. Workplace culture was relaxed and everyone supported one another. Due to downturn in business during my 5 years with Hays a number of restructuring took place, resulting in close and reliable loyal colleagues being made redundant. Working with local people.

Pros

Local to home, bus ride away.

Cons

Fast turnover of staff.
Same location

Productive and fun workplace

I was a site cleaner during COVID-19, so I had to clean up the camp and office area after the construction workers. This was difficult because I had no time to rest as it us a global pandemic so my time management skills were put to the test. However the team was amazing toward me and the management was excellence so no complaint at all.

Pros

Free cleaning equipment

Cons

Covid 19

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hays with

Learn about Hays in popular locations

• Hays
  • Quick and secure way to find temporary work in Edinburgh