HC One
Happiness score is 37 out of 100

HC One Employee Reviews

Featured review
HC One selected this as a representative review
Lovely company to work for employees are really looked after by management, they resolve any issues you have very friendly, go above and beyond for their staff and residents
Nice meals Nice staff in general nice atmosphere
Pros
Lunch free
Cons
Strong charge of work
Although I didn’t work for the company for long I always felt fully supported by the staff within the home. The residents are lovely & you really get a chance to build relationships with them. Carers are worth their weight in gold they all work together allowing the nurses to fulfill their responsibilities. It’s a fast paced environment. No two days are ever the same. I’d never worked in a care home before but I’m glad I chose here for my first post. Nothing like I’d imagined the levels of clinical skills required varies from resident to resident you’re constantly learning.
Pros
Lovely residents, ability to build good relationships, helpful staff & management. Fully supported throughout induction.
Shocking company to work for . The manager has no input or cares whatsoever re what is actually happens within their homes - minimal resident contact a complete office job . Head office is constantly putting pressure on to fill the beds . Senior management are bullies , mostly not even educated to degree level and have very little clue re the complexity of resident care This is not a care company it is a business , the homes cram in as many residents as possible . There is a reason this company has had more fatalities than any other during the pandemic .
Pros
Paid 4 weekly
Cons
Everything else
My job is very demanding and I feel I get no or little support from management. I don't feel valued in my job and only get negative comments from managers some of which need people skill training
Pros
Training
Cons
Negative and unsupportive managers
Not sure what to make of HC One. After reading the reviews. Management dont seem to care. The home I work has probably had more positive reviews than most. But does not mean it's good.Short staffed. Cannot meet your times due to this. Doesn't help when they make a newish person work with another newish person.I guess HC One look at these reviews. If you do please take note
Pros
Free food
Cons
Under staffed
Communication and support lacking big time. Wages awful. A lot of gossiping and blaming others. Beautiful scenery. Lovely residents. Paperwork overload.
Pros
Countryside
Cons
Wages are rubbish
Busy pace but a really good job for anyone who is loving and friendly too others work well as a team mist of the time. Managers firm but fair and always there for you.
Worked for Hc one for almost 3 years although did take a break in between. Nice place to work (my care home) staff good and lovely. Residents are lovely. Generally there are 22, 33 or 44 hours on contracts with the option of bank too. Hc one have their own in house staff that cover certain homes reducing the need for outside agencies. Management are supportive and approachable.
Hc one say they are a “care” company, absolutely far from this. Treat staff disgusting, have favourites and if you aren’t a favourite then it’s not a nice workplace. No support from any sort of management. It seems to be one rule for one and a rule for another and this all comes down to if your face fits. No confidentiality in the workplace either, speak or report something to management and the entire workplace will know about it and the outcome before you do. Has a massive impact on your own mental health too. Unless you can handle being treated very poorly, no support from management then I wouldn’t recommend working here at all. I think they need to take a look at what the company says it is and have a think about what “care” actually means.
Pros
Nothing at all!
Cons
Hours are long. Management dont care what is happening on the floor,instead remaining in their office. No teamwork from senior members of staff who say they have other jobs to do and leave junior staff members to run the floor then when things go wrong on floor, team is pulled into office by manager and junior members get the telling off even though senior staff members should have been leading the floor but are nowhere to be seen
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no respect from senior staff members. Undervalued
Understaffed near enough all the time, no team work unless your part of the little cliche groups and little to no support from other staff members. Disciplinary actions are none existent to bullying staff despite numerous serious allegations. Not a safe environment to work in at all. Didn’t receive extra training when required. Long exhausting hours.
Cons
Management doesn’t care for staffs needs. When staff voice their concerns about the lack of staff we are told to deal with it because they can’t do anything about it. Problems we may have aren’t resolved and we constantly feel like we aren’t giving our residents the best care. Some days we will be 2 members of staff short and that results in staff being rushed, unable to reach their full potential, unable to give the residents their full attention and are left feeling upset that we can’t give the residents what they deserve and why they in fact pay for. We should be able to spend time doing activities or having a cuppa with them and instead we are constantly rushing around snd picking up other staffs slack because they get away with not actually doing their job. This workplace has favourites and refuses to sack those people out of fear of loosing that friendship even though it’s causing other staff to hand in their notices.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, understaffed. Low pay, expected to pick up other people’s shifts, you have no life, life evolves around work
I worked for HC-One for just under 2 years and what I saw there was frankly awful, the atmosphere was dead, no activities for residents or very minimal, not person centered care at all, they are treat like children. Forced to have meals at a set time. Not proper practice when it comes to moving and handling, residents that are supposed to be hoisted are being lifted with 2 carers from under their arms, some falls go unrecorded or not recored properly. Management treat staff poorly and dont give them respect. Always understaffed and then staff are run ragged trying to cover all shifts. There's always a "night staff vs day staff" kind of attitude. Management pass the blame all the time onto other staff. Its never their fault. Poor food hygiene when serving. Staff often will put on a show so to speak when the residents family are around or CQC and as soon as their back is turned it goes back to normal. I could go on but the list is endless. I dont recommend this company.
Spent 9 very happy months at HC-One. Worked with a fantastic team and amazing manager. Found HC-One to be a company that truly lived its values. Would highly recommended them as an employer
Pros
MD that was inspired and truly cared about there workforce
Cons
Nothing significant
The worst job I ever had. No organisation, staff consistently cut corners and do not treat residents with respect. Management do not seem to know or care what goes on in the units, as reporting to them about borderline abuse that is occurring in the home fell on deaf ears. If you are a good Carer, do not work for HC One
Pros
Cons
Staff, training, management
I currently work for them and gpt to say iv never felt so Sad in all my life to may staff memeber think there in charge and when raised with management were told to keep the staff under controll but that cant be done when they don't listen and have no respect for senior staff to many cheifs not enough indians has they say the 12 hour shifts can be a killer has there is just no time to get everything done has its so regimented through the day so if something happens it throws your whole day back they don't seem to understand we work.with people not computers there are no activities so the residents are just left sat in the lounge all day with a music chanel on its appauling
Pros
Cons
Everythin you can possibley being wrong is wrong hear
I worked at Himley Mill care home for a while and I absolutely loved it, the home manager was lovely and supportive of you, helped you where needed and gave you the best advice. The care staff welcomed you into their family (on each unit) and showed you what to do whilst you are shadowing and supported you until you were confident enough to know what you are doing. The residents were lovely, they had the most fantastic life stories that they could sit there for hours talking to you about it. Majority of the training was online due to covid and strict deadlines to get it done and upon completion you are then submitted to do your NVQ’s with them. I definitely recommend working for HC One.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly staff, residents and management, good wage
Cons
No training expected to just get on with things . Always get told things will happen and the never do. Once I’ve found another job my notice will be given .
I’ve worked at this care home for a while and recently the place is just getting worse and worse. Always short staffed so residents aren’t given the time and care they need due to this. Everything just goes off numbers and not the actual needs of the residents. Staff are never appreciated. Only get spoken to by management when somethings happened in a negative way. The food is terrible and always the same few dishes, never looks good. A lot of cliques when it comes to different the different shift teams. Staff often don’t get breaks. It seems all this place cares about is how it looks on the outside and how they can save as much money as possible. Terrible place to work!
Extremely poor management, no leadership at all. Poor food for residents- eg; bowl of soup, cold sausage roll(may get beans with it, if there is enough), pineapple upside down cake and cold custard! This is the dining room experience!! Carers are being told. Residents spend so much time, bored and sleeping as not enough staff to interact with them. 1 well-being co-ordinator for nearly 30 residents???? The company that cares??? Residents are so lovely.Carers -some are really good workers and work as part of a team. Big turnover of staff, plenty sickness, loads of Agengices staff.
Pros
Free lunch - if edible
Cons
Long hours, low wage, poor training. Poor management
  1. Employee reviews