HC One

HC One Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,085 reviews

Found 1,085 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,134 reviews

Ok place to work

Loved the job when I started but it is a lot of work and not much praise. Definitely not for the faint hearted. Residents are what keep you there! At lot of staff don’t do half as much work as some others but nothing gets done about it. Really draining both physically and mentally.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Long hours, draining

Hard but satisfying work

There is a lot to learn if you haven’t done Administration before but is satisfying once you can work at a steady pace. You talk to some great people and always interact with families and grow a great relationship with lots of a different people. There is always help and everyone is more than happy to give you a helping hand when you need it.

Insights into HC One

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressful place to work, no support or appreciation and overworked.

When I first started at this company I really enjoyed working here mainly because of the residents and some colleagues but now I don't even want to go into work as i know that we are going to be working short staffed and also the workload is to much we cant even give our residents the proper care that they deserve due to staffing issues. for the money they charge the live in the home the food residents are getting is disgraceful.

Pros

Cons

Overworked and under staffed.

I wouldn't recommend it

I wouldn't recommend it, you are getting paid the same amount working at night as working on days. During the covid wave, they didn't even provide us with face masks, sometimes we were short of pads, aprons and gloves. Sometimes you are working alone because they didn't cover the people if they are sick.

Stressful

To many think they are in charge and bossy to new staff especially the non English staff, your expected to run around doing things for other staff a lot of name calling behind your back

Pros

If available

Cons

Over worked

Coworkers good mangerment bad no good for mental health

Good coworkers bad management always working short staffed. No appreciation for doing loads of extra shifts senior carers allowed to not do care and not support the carers if you in the click you ok if not you be in tears daily

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Everything else

Like the work not the management!

Enjoyed the work but not the way you're treated. Management haven't got a clue and keep piling more and more work onto you. I like to work hard but they have unrealistic expectations.

Pros

Working with residents

Cons

Management haven't got a clue and keep piling more work onto you, favouritism

Don't bother unless you want to be talked to like rubbish.

Doesn't matter how good at your job you are, if your face don't fit you will be bullied and talked to like rubbish!There's a very clear divide and a very bad working atmosphere.

Managers don't stay long. Tend to lose good managers.

Only suits me for the hours and distance. I don't really want to say anything else about the company, only positive I can say is the salary is a lot better now.

Good place to work at times

Job was good, residents were great but short staffed at times. Didn’t always have time to take a break especially if you are on with staff that don’t pull their weight. Lot of shortcuts taken with certain processes but the job always got done. Lazy staff got away with being lazy, there was never any change after making a complaint. Seniors are nothing more than cover for when there is no nursing assistant or nurse to run the floor and give meds, lot of seniors let the job title go to their head and use it as an excuse to do nothing and delegate absolutely everything to already overworked care assistants.

Toxic work enviroment

Always short staffed, very unprofessional, manager was unapproachable as well as other staff members, I got on better with the agency staff than the main staff! Was glad to leave, wouldn’t work for the company again very low pay

Good

I enjoy my time at hcone, the company was good and fair to the staff. The new manager started and the home went down hill from there. She came and changed everything

Current home of residents and working environment suits me fine. Long hours mixed with some laughter and good times.

Busy dual registered home residents are lovely workload can be demanding but rewarding. Staff can work well together and include new starters into their introductory period.Manager has open door policy and is willing to listen and support staff.

Pros

Free meals and uniforms.

Cons

Long hours on your feet.

Chilled workplace

Enjoyed working here friendly people job was easy to do not much way to progress and pay was good for the time. Not long hours and chance to help out with activities on occasions

Demanding, stressful and understaffed

Awful place to work. Some lovely staff and residents but never enough staff. To much reliance on agency workers. Heavy workload, rushed interrupted breaks. New manager doing their best to change things around. Hardest part of the job is the constant changing of continence pads, never ends.

Pros

Free uniform, some nice staff. Drinks and snacks always available. Good online training.

Cons

Poor pay for heavy workload. Understaffed. Long shifts (12 hrs) A lot of paperwork.

Rubbish.

no support from staff and management. way to stressful. i haven’t received proper training yet,can’t trust your colleagues either which makes working 100 times harder

Pros

Cons

stressful

Low pay

, you have time needed for residents ,staff are nice and helpful,however think the pay is minimal ,the pay is rubbish is the downside ,not really much more cqn say

Fast paced environment

My role as administrator has been enjoyable however much more challenging over recent years. The company do have incentives to recognise and reward staff for hard work and commitment. Staff turnover can be quite high in the actual care homes but there is always a strong team spirit and some outstanding long term employees (as well as new ones!)

Pros

Job Stability

Cons

New pay structure is a let down in certain areas

Horrible place to work

I worked for them a few years back before I had to have a knee replacement and they weren't Very helpful at all. I wouldn't put any of my relatives in there

Very busy, stressful unappreciated

No longer work for the company, always short staffed being left with agency or new member of staff, being verbally and physically attacked daily nothing done about it. Residents are just numbers you don't have the time to give the care they should have. Staff moral very low, staff not getting on or arguing. Somedays you didn't have times for a break, nothing being done about it. Loved the job but not worth the stress.

Rewarding workplace

It's rewarding seeing residents happy. Management could be a bit friendlier. Very busy environment. Good breaks.It's always very busy, needs more entertainment for residents.

Pros

Free lunch, 1 hour break

Cons

Favouritism with certain staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HC One. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement