Health & Social Care Services
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Health & Social Care Services Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom37 reviews

packagesupportclientcareteammanagerstaffcompany

Good company to work for

Featured review

Health & Social Care Services selected this as a representative review
Friendly team and friendly management. Flexible hours and wonderful clients.Decent hourly rate and payment was always correct and on time. I had a lovely time working for this company

great place to work!

just an over all lovely place to work its like and extended family. the care that is given to clients is unreal i have neer see such personal one to one care given i would trust them with my own family

Pros

team work

Insights into Health & Social Care Services

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Disgusting Company

I would never recommend this company to anyone. Clients and employees are treated terribly. They care only about money, couldn't care less about the staff. So many employees left due to poor treatment. Egotistical management who think they are better than everyone. DO NOT USE OR WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Good company to work with

I am working with HASCS from 2 years I learned a lot through trainings and personal development nurse managers are very helpful and friendly who ever I interact with, all are always ready to help only issue is unfortunately not enough work in London that's the reason of disappointment. We are giving our best as a team working hard but don't know the reason of less packages. No security of work. Otherwise I love to work with HASCS.

Pros

Friendly and understanding Management

Cons

No security of work. 0 hour contract

Room to grow & great work/life balance

I currently work at HASCS and have done for over a year now. My manager is understanding, helpful and forthcoming. I have a great work life balance and don't believe my work encroaches on my home/social life. I enjoy my role and there is room to grow within the company should I wish to.

Pros

Supportive Manager

very supportive

I have found the management team to be very supportive and helpful throughout my time with the business so far. The hours are flexible and am able to work together to make sure you get suitable hours that you need. You can feel the passion within the team working together to get the best care for the clients we are supporting.

excellent place to work best decision i made!

working here has been a real breath of fresh air! the support and team work shines through. i am offered constant training for my role that is sourced and paid for by the company and even though i have been in the industry for many years you can never learn to much! management are very involved and support. seeing them in the office and in the field is lovely to see

Pros

team work

Cons

Avoid if you value your mental health and well-being

Toxic culture from senior management team who lead by fear causing anxiety in workforce as they see staff being got rid of weekly.What started as person centred and all about the clients has become anything but.Please avoid as the culture is not team focused or led and staff become demotivated and expected to answer calls outside of work and work on days off.Most people too scared to speak up incase they lose their job

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours/ unrealistic expectations and no thanks

False promises

Dreadful company to work for. Toxic, egotistical senior management team that treat people as a number. Make false promises to their clients that they will deliver the world and let them down. Letting present clients go without care whilst they mobilise new packages. Don’t believe a word of the company ethos. There’s no support just a feeling of fear of who is next for the chopping board.

Pros

Cons

Let down their clients

Great pay but not even packages

Great company to work for however very little packages so I recommend you have another job otherwise you’ll finding yourself more without work than with work.

Great pay but not enough packages

The overall experience for me is mix. I had to give interview twice as 1 st time after interview I had been told they are happy to have me on board and then no news at all. After contacting them several times found out the interviewer didn’t complete the recruitment paper work so the company had no idea I exist in the company. So had to go through 2nd interview process all over again. Very poor communication in between the case manager and out of hour. The good side is the nurse managers are well behaved and easy to work with. Good training process and very good pay. But unfortunately they have very very very less packages to work with in London. So cannot be only employment with them otherwise will have no work and no income periods a lot.

Pros

Good pay, easy nurse manager to work with, good training

Cons

No work security, very less packages, no good communication within company

Excellent Employer

I have always had great support, the staff and management are lovely, the people we support are great!!! I would not hesitate to work for hascs I’ve been with the company for nearly a year now and no regrets.

Pros

Great people to work with full support from management, good pay

Cons

None you work as much as you want

The best care company to work for for those with same passion

I have been working for HASCS for more than 2 years. I join HASCS because I believe in the company care model, their work ethic, leadership and most importantly their passion to deliver patient centre care and the support for the care team both in the field and office. They are still having some teething problem with the structure however, I recognised and understand that HASCS is very new in the care industry, but it is changing for the better and I can see that they are always improving. I believe in the company and its leaders, their aspiration to improve the quality care experience for clients and its staff in complex care in the community by challenging the norm of business led rather care.Through my own personal experience, I believe that they are extremely passionate about the quality and always go above and beyond to support their care team.I love working for HASCS because we have the same passion and drive to make a difference. I feel that care is about understanding, communication, teamwork, respect and common sense. I never feel entitle but I feel supported and recognised by the company no matter the size. However, recognition does not come for free, I have to work very hard and very well to earned it. But one thing I know for sure with HASCS is that hard work never goes unnoticed.

Pros

Teamwork, appreciation and recognition for hardwork and support.

Cons

Need company own training system ASAP

Culture of Control and Unrealistic Expectations

Marketing literature and their website says company ethos based on honesty, transparency and integrity, but sadly they actually tick none of these boxes. Owners driven by money and unless you are a "yes man" you won't last very long. Says something that the only people left from when company started operating in 2018 are the two owners - staff turnover very high. Expectations unrealistic on admin and managers, with no worklife balance and calls day and night even if off sick or on holiday. Company promises much but delivers very little. The veneer of your opinion and views mattering is very thin. Scrape the surface and you are expected to comply with all instructions, no, make that orders, without challenge. If you're not desperate for a job right away or have other employment offers, then scroll past this company and count it as a lucky escape.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything but the pay

Unpredictable and unstable enviroment

Initially the company appeared open and supportive, very quickly you are put on more and more, senior management put more pressure on all staff with unrealistic expectations put on managers and care team staff, there is no job security, a client possess away and staff are offered innappropriate and unacceptable options for continued work, when they refuse, for legitimate reasons, they are discarded, pressure is put on management from senior management with no reasonable discussion, is a toxic environment run on fear and driven by money.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Stressful, pressured, unpredictable enviroment.

Not the most staff focussed company I have ever worked for.

The office staff underpin the work by the care force who at times appear under immense pressure. Management are extremely money motivated and 'Image Focussed'. The culture is one of control of employees lives. The hardest part of the job was to challenge management which would often be met with swift retribution. Best part of the job was the small circle of true honest colleagues I worked with.

Pros

Cant think of any

Cons

Honesty & Integrity

Worst place ever

Very money orientated company. Do not look after their staff. No support. Management do not listen to concerns or issues raised by staff about packages / clients. No respect or Duty of Care shown to employees. Rota constantly changes at short notice. You are expected to be professional at all times but are not treated in a professional manner in return. Too much stress, anxiety working for this company. They just do not care. Shame

Pros

Cons

Everything !!

Very supportive

I have worked with HASCS since last yearAnd they are very good company to work with. They pay well and you never have issues with salary. Very supportive and they train you till they are sure you can carry out duties on your own

Pros

Great team

Supportive understanding management

Working in complex care regardless of the company worked for is often very challenging due to the nature of the work. HASCS provide client centred specific training and staff can learn at their own pace. The dedication the whole company provide to their clients is amazing.

Pros

Excellent Management Structure

Cons

Difficulty recruiting at present possibly due to covid

Break and finding nearby places to work

If working long hours should be some minutes break. Also give us opportunity and find nearest place to work.Its team wirk effort I have found during my working shift specially the Manager is so helpful.

Stressful conditions , dishonest and cut corners , no investment in employees or bonuses for hard work and dedication.

This company appeared good and dedicated to begin with. Soon found that my contract is attached to the individual i was looking after and NOT the company, which was not made clear at all , so when individuals inevitably pass away being that alot of the work in adults is with advanced and complex conditions, i was then without an income until they could find another package which there was never any choice over. Recently notified by a paramedic that we should all be wearing FFP3 face masks due to the pandemic and risky apparatus we work with , not until hospital forced company to provide us with them did they issue us with it , not acceptable. Change rota and hours without adequet notice. Inexperienced staff left to train other new staff. High staff turnover. No meet and greets, meeting a client for the first time whilst helping with personal care is not acceptable for the individual!. Shadow shifts are not ,they are hands on. 1 to 1 on some packages which should have been 2 to 1 leading to staff injury and emotional stress and staff leaving! Very stressful working conditions .Telling staff it's ok to come to work if been in close proximity to a covid + person as long as they had a mask on and not notified by management of staff being positive , found out through another employee! Not Govt . Guidelines! Not issued with uniform .

Pros

Ok night rate of pay

Cons

Not paid enough for day shifts, long hours often 1 to 1, suspect contracts, changing rotas like the direction of the wind!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health & Social Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement