Health Education England

Health Education England Employee Reviews

Hard work ethic expected to produce the required results, with a very high level of confidentiality at all times. Flexible working available at appropriate times of the year.
The role ended due to lockdown. There was little training, just thrown in the deep end from day one. Most of the employees are unhappy would not recommend
Pros
Pay
Cons
Little training
It is public sector so salary could be better but is contemporary with other public sector organisations. The culture is good overall but alot comes down to whether or not you have a good manager as so much is down to their discretion. There are loads of training opportunities but getting permission for secondments is hard and there are very few band 6 roles compared to band 5s so most people leave after then.In COVID our jobs are secure and they are promoting wellbeing but disabilities are poorly supported and mental health is not even discussed.
Pros
Flexible Working.
Cons
The clinical staff think they are "better" than the admin staff, You are screwed if you have a bad manager.
calling panellist and candidates preparing interview packs printing for speciality interviews being a timer and invigilator and a runner. working as a team .
Pros
people are lovely to work with and see your worth and what you can do
Cons
not always a 9-5 job if dealing with interviews
Unorganised and was going through change when I started. There was not enough work once I started and on my first day it was announced the team was going to go through redundancies. Treat people unfairly.
Management pass the buck of responsibility when they do not know the answer to things, Bullying is the order of the day, Being stressed will happen daily Job starts of well, then stress gets to you Unless you are with a certain crowd, promotion is impossible, On the other hand, it has been known for someone to interview for a job 4 times before they get it.
I am not prepared to complete. I feel that this is not relevant to me updating my employer status and do not feel comfortable completing. Linda Harrison
Learnt several process in dealing with stakeholders and NHS Trust. Working partnership with other organisation and requesting information required. Dealing senior management to produced report as needed.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
The co-workers were mostly young and unexperienced people who can gain an experience by training-through-work. The management staff is very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Difficult to be promoted
I managed the marketing communications for the Thames Valley area for Health Education England, who support the delivery of excellent healthcare and health improvement to the patients and public of England. Managed all internal and external communications including a major rebranding project which included updating the visual identity of the organisation, reinforcing the new brand values and updating all content for the new website.
I conducted many advisory meetings, setting up meetings and taking minutes. There was no collaborative working and felt the working environment was hostile.
The bullying culture is too prevelant. There is a lot of favouritism and nepotism all the way to management. You must be strong willed to work here. There is also a hierarchy culture where the senior management doesn’t appreciate the work done by the staff under them.
Cons
Flexi workinf
I spent 4 months working for the Assessments team as a part time administrator. There is low morale amongst the team, as some staff were directed into the role following a structure redesign so didn't really want to be there. The working hours and travel were not made clear, even though I specified the hours I was limited to at interview and at the point of job offer. The hours were revealed during week 2 of being in the role. I had to find another job, so HEE wasted my time and their own as they had to re-recruit to the vacancy I left behind. No career progression, as HEE staff are not privy to NHS internal job opportunities. Unfriendly atmosphere within the team.
Pros
Met some lovely colleagues
Cons
Hours are subject to change, and require someone who can be flexible
There is a very support culture within this organisation. I work in Workforce Development which practices a "high trust" eway of working, in that they enable you to be autonomous in your work with the expectation that you will highlight any problems.
Pros
Good working practices
Cons
Sometimes lots of demanding work
Perfect job! lovely helpful people. beautiful surroundings. Training all provided, internal courses, wonderful place to develop your skills and learn about yourself! A bit to far for me to travel now unfortunately.
Pros
beautiful place
Cons
stressful
This is a great place to work but the work is hard, fast and furious and you must be 100% committed to delivering to tight deadlines and timescales. Its a rewarding job with regular praise, reassessment and review.
Pros
easy commutable with free parking
Cons
occasional long hours
Health Education England is a great place to work. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. I have worked here for four months and have enjoyed my experience very much. No day is the same and I enjoy the variety of tasks that I am asked to do. I have learnt to use E-portfolio and intrepid systems but I still have so much to learn in these systems. The managers are great to work for and very approachable and open to new ideas and suggestions.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Alot of the staff work from home so can't always get an answer right away
During my years at HEE I was always satisfied with management, the culture and opportunities to develop and progress. Constant and sometimes ill thought out change have unfortunately taken their toll on the culture within the organisation, making it a less happy place to be and often very challenging environment.
Very supportive environment. Good management culture. Encouragement of work life balance. Nice working environment. Training offered where appropriate.
I really enjoyed working at HEE. The work was rewarding and challenging and there was a supportive environment but that could be different within different teams. The main down side was the constant organisational restructuring.
Good atmosphere within the team and with leadership. Overall had a good balance between Work Life and Job Balance. Job Security / Advancement and Overall Organisation Culture ultimately let it down