Healthcare Direct

Healthcare Direct Employee Reviews

Brilliant company

Managers are all brilliant who work in the office best management team ive worked with, very understanding, all the staff are really nice and highly proffesional, many of variety of care to choose from to build up your skills, overall such a great agency to work for

Pros

Great managers

Cons

Cant think of one

Productive work place and well managed

You mostly have your schedule given to you a few days ahead although in the nature of the Industry they will quite often call you the night before or the morning before and offer you a shift.The Company is well managed. You send you time sheet on Monday morning - you get your pay slip on the Wednesday and the Pay is in your Bank account on Friday morning .

Pros

Increased pay on the weekend

Cons

Sometimes the travel is expensive if you need to use the train

Great workplace

I worked for healthcare direct for under six months and they were fantastic in developing my skills in the health care sector; they were supportive, understanding and honest. The pay was good and we could choose when we got to work.

Pros

Great management, good pay, lots of variety

Very poor

I work for 3 agencies and this is the worst by far. The communication is very poor and often abrupt. Little amount of work available and unorganised. I calculated my holiday pay which was approximately£200 I completely forgot about requesting it at end of year their response was too late you have lost it. No little reminder to staff to request holiday pay before end of tax year over all disgusting.

Pros

Cons

Withholding holiday pay. Abrupt communication

Not enough shifts

I like the agency, the staff are very nice and helpful and I'm still working for them. The one major drawback is that they hire a lot of people, so there aren't many shifts available. There were weeks when I wasn't offered any shifts, it's really hard when you have bills to pay. Also, at first they promised to give me shifts near where I live, but that didn't happen and I had to travel for more than 40 minutes on bus to go to work.

Pros

Good pay and nice staff

Cons

Not enough work and very far

Lovely agency

The Maidstone branch from day 1 made me feel welcome, I had training straight away and moving and handling training. The girls in the office match you well and go above and beyond. I worked in a variety of settings and places and always gave feedback. The agency will give you hours when you need them and claiming holiday pay is easy. I earnt in one week £1000 but obviously some weeks there is not as much work. I managed to acquire another contracted job and needed stability but should I ever fancy a change I come back here for sure!

Pros

variety of work placements

Cons

shift maybe dropped

Good company, fair with staff

Training is very good. Both online course and manual handling course. Management are always pleasant. Pay is always on time. Overall a good agency.

Pros

Flexible working conditions. Pay always on time.

Cons

Can not always guaranteed work.

Great employer.

Management is amazing at the Ashford office. The guys there are very supportive and caring. You can work as much or as little as you like. It’s a great way to get into care and support work as you choose which homes you want to go to. The pay is very good considering it is care work. You get more money working weekend and bank holidays and receive a good sleep rate too. Overall my experience with Healthcare Direct to date has been flawless. I’d highly recommend working for them.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Sometimes travel further then you like.

It wasn’t the best management

I was poorly one day and needed to do a 6 hour shift I called in to my manager lace naggie to explain I couldn’t make it and I got told by her college Emily that i could just take paracetamol and get on with it. And I think personally that was a unprofessional approach and extremely rude . So I handed my uniform in. But everyone has their own opinion.

productive and good workplace

Usually the work is not easy with sick people. And Health Care companies try to organize training for workers , help sick patients fill more comfortable in their life. The hardest part of the job is depression of patients and their relatives'.

Great experience

My time with Health Care Direct has been fantastic! They are so accomodating and really take into consideration your preferences and availability. They are so encouraging and a lovely group of people! I have learnt so much in a short time and look forward to learning more and gaining more experience.

Pros

Flexible availability

Cons

Some weeks can be really busy yet other weeks can be quiet

Maidstone

Lovely company to work with. I’ve had a chance to work alongside a wide variety of disabilities and illnesses I never thought I ever would even with 10 years of care under my belt. Management are polite ,caring and very supportive. Good way of building holiday pay and very easy way of asking for it.

Pros

Work around your avaliabilty, someone always on call to contact

Cons

Job can be cancelled within minutes by the client major let down

Flexible and reliable

I have been working for health care direct now for 8 months and i have enjoyed every moment, the ladies in the tonbridge branch office are so lovely and amazing. All of them are so understanding of my health problems and are so supportive and helpful when it come to having flexible shifts. Also whenever i go into the office to them they are all so welcoming and lovely making sure everything is ok at my work place and with myself. I highly Recommend my agency to anyone that needs a reliable, flexible,lovely, friendly, safe, homely workplace.

Fantastic Company for those who Wish to Progress Further in their Caring Career!

I started working with Healthcare Direct after having been with another agency for a few years prior. Their recruitment process could not be any smoother and I was well advised on the many benefits the job would entail. I have not come across a company that is so happy to get you the work that you desire and that matches your particular skills-set. I have only been working with them for a short while, but I have got a variety of shifts under my belt since starting and have created an amicable rapport with my home branch in Ashford. The office is extremely friendly and is matched with professional integrity; making sure their workers are trained to the best standard and have updated knowledge for the placements on offer. Their on-call service is extremely fair and someone is always there for you if you need them. What I particularly like is the app used to tell you everything about the home you are going to so there is no room for error or miscommunication. Weekly pay, holiday pay and competitive salary rates make my job very desirable; however, what I really love about the agency is the variety of clients I get to interact with on a weekly basis. I have gained such a great rapport with these clients and hope to continue working alongside great colleagues for many years to come whilst increasing my professional portfolio.

Pros

Variety, hours to suit on a weekly basis, great work/life balance, competitive rates

Flexible

Flexibility is super important for me and this company are so flexible and adaptable. Management are very understanding and helpful when it comes to queries and availability.

Great company

Ive only been with this company since December however I absolutely love it. The homes i go to are lovely and the office is always at the phones if theres any problems. The amount of shifts i get each week are perfect and the money helps with uni! High reccomend.

Pros

Good pay, good managers, lovely clients

Fun and friendly company

Healthcare direct is managed by lovely staff and they are very helpful and understanding. Shifts are flexible as the healthcare assistants choose when they would like to work. This promotes a very good life-work balance which is very much needed. Pay is very good and it is WEEKLY PAY. For me, that is one of the most important parts of it. If you’re thinking of joining a agency in care then look no further!

Pros

Good pay

Great agency to work for

The office staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I get to pick the places were I would like to work. I get to pick my hours. The pay is good to.

Pros

Good pay

Pleasant Job Experience

I have been working for HCD for ~5 months now and I am so glad that I took the job opportunity. My job as a Healthcare Assistant for elderly and/or people with disabilities has above all been challenging but very rewarding. The challenging aspects of the job are lessened because the management staff are always friendly and easily contactable. I have had no issues thus far with scheduling or not receiving enough hours, and if I am not available for a period of time, when I return I quickly receive work again. I feel that any feedback to management is welcomed. I would recommend this agency!

Pros

Friendly management staff, range of locations, range of workplaces, reliable

Cons

Mileage not paid, food is rarely provided for agency staff at homes, timesheets take a while to be delivered

Friendly/Flexible hours

I've been working for the tonbridge branch for over a year it is a lovely friendly company to work for flexible hours to fit around my children would highly recommend them.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Milage not paid

Best agency to work for

this is a very good agency to work for. i get my choice of hours and where to work. very good pay and the office staff I speak to all time are fantastic would definitely recommend

Pros

good agency

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Direct. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement