Healthcare Homes Group Limited
Happiness score is 38 out of 100

Healthcare Homes Group Limited Employee Reviews

Rewarding employment although rota wasn’t always thought through with respect to night to day shifts. Company friendly and fairly supportive. Regular training given and extra support by staff if needed.
Cons
Not enough time given between night to day shifts
Felt welcome the moment you stepped through the door, I had such a supportive manager and colleagues. I really enjoyed my time at healthcare homes and I would highly recommend to work for this company whether it’s in head office, a career in their care homes or out on the road providing services to the elderly.
Pros
Good management and lovely working environment
Cons
Wasn’t any
Is an extreamly busy place with no support from management, losts of agencys daily booked in, always short of staff, too small salary, no equipment, i hardly not recomend this place, always on the phone, disturbing nurses during medicatication.
Pros
Free luch if left any after residents had their lunch
Cons
Always somebody interuping you, even during medication round
As a new member of staff at a Cambridge care home run by HH I am appalled. The initial week of train was amazing, I had high hopes and was looking forwards to my first shift. Then everything agreed at interview was thrown out on my first shift. I had agreed to work certain days for the first 6 months until my children start nursery and was told no, that’s not in your contract so it’s not happening (they didn’t write it into my contract and refuse to change it) Residents are treated poorly on the night shift. They’re chronically understaffed and no manager takes anything you say seriously. I offered to do more hours so I could pick up the job role quicker. They snapped my hand off at that but still refuse to accept what I was offered at interview.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
To many to list
Management is poor and there is no teamwork. The atmosphere is stressful and it's hard towork 12 hours with people that continually don't listen to anything you say.
Pros
Experience with dealing with dementia, nursing and residential service users
Cons
Pay not worth the stress and anxiety of working here
I wouldn’t recommend this home at all, there were many reasons this place wasn’t suitable for me and I most certainly wouldn’t put anyone I like in here!
Pros
None really
Cons
Far too many to list
I have worked for Health Care Homes for 6 years and found it most rewarding, both with colleagues and residents. Thank atmoshere is good and welcoming to all visitors, whether relatives or professionals .
Pros
Good staff and management. Wonderful resisidents. Good support.
When attempting to try and completely job role within healthcare homes found vast amount of complications determining it almost impossible to do so. It is completely unorganised and unsafe numbers of staff to the workload given, it's impossible to give a good quality of care due to the amount of work the put on you, I found there wasn't the right equipment needed to fulfil the tasks given. The was an atmosphere of feeling like I was back at school with the unprofessional team which also made it difficult to get on with the job. I envy the staff for staying and working for such a hideous company that simply only care about making money rather than putting the residents first.
Cons
long hours, not enough breaks, poorly managed, rushed, exhausting, draining.
Very stressful, never enough staff, poor pay rates and lack of support from management. No job security, work/ life balance impossible as always getting called because they are short staffed. Poor staff morale in most homes and often expected to work short staffed as they don’t like paying for agency staff.
Company have great people to work with which feels like a family! Great values,culture and freedom in making decisions, respectful and supportive management! You can definitely grow with them and expand your skills.
As i had not worked in this sector before and i fell into the job i found it very interesting and challenging. Loved working in the various homes and liaising with the clients as well. The job had great benefits in terms of meeting so many different walks of life. I learned a lot about Dementia, and in terms of my work i learnt different platforms and working with different councils and payments etc
Good company to work for . They are supportive and on top of the e learning training that have to be in place to work in this environment . Residents needs and day to day living is top priority for all management and staff
Very stressful place to work, very short staff, bullying culture, forgot about your break, rota changes all the time, they will extend your probationary period if you are not one of the favorites, you will put your career in risk if you work here.
Loved working at Meadow House great staff, great atmosphere very busy and a lot to remember but loved every minute of working alongside amazing people
I enjoed to work there as i learning to work as a team and people there was nice. I would recomend to anyone to work at home close . Very nice place! .
A good company to work for. Committed to ensuring Clients and staff receive effective and caring support. Training offered is of high standard and relevant to the role.
Good place to work , but not all homes are the same! It depends a lot on each individual as colleague also much more of the manger himself/herself. As always , in life in general a bit of luck is needed !
The building is beutiful, and the care staff are lovely they all work so hard and try the best that they can for the residents with limited resourses and staff. Staff are spoken to arwfully , there is no respect for anyone there. Bad pratice goes on, when things are reported to mangenment, just get told to get on with it, its a buisness and they are here to make money, Im sorry but we are there to care for elderly people. The deputy manager lacks people skills, and speaks to people horrible, acting like she is above all, this is most likely due to lack of experience, not even holding a level 5 diploma , the head of care does, she is more experinced and qualified than the deputy. Head of care really supportive to staff and tries to make a difference for residents and staff, but she is up against it with the office bods, feel sorry for her. Long hours, have to pay for food when woking up to 12 hour shifts, unsafe staffing levels, rota that is badly planned and written each month, with the person writing not understanding how to add up hours, putting staff on for too many, or on holiday when they had not asked for it using holiday up, and constanly changing and expecting staff to just do as told. Worst place ever worked
Best company I've ever worked for in the care industry. I honestly think it's the worst thing I did leaving. I was poached by another company for more money but it was just not meant to be.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Salary and benefits.
really enjoyed working for HH. The team I worked for were fun and supportive. The job was hard at times but I always felt part of a team when needed. good company
Place itself is amazing I will admit. Lovely residents and not so bad staff though. Staff are not rewarded enough, always lack of staff too, new people not coming but old ones leaving because they are to tired. Not enough training as again they haven’t got enough staff to train you really. Long hours, no support from management at all. Time of the time looks like deputy manager is higher than manager himself. Management attitude against to staff is not acceptable, you feel like a slave most of the time. Any time you go to report issues or concerns about residents not being treated decently well- never heard anything been done about it. Staff have to pay for their lunches and receive scrums but management receive their massive portions in office at any time. No chance to grow up. If you are trying to make time for your residents and give them care they need, you will be bad for spending to much time with them. Sad though. I left because I couldn’t make any changes, management said ITS JUST A BUSINESS, and it’s ALL about MONEY. Right, I was there to care.... I wouldn’t send my parents there.
Pros
Payable brake time
Cons
Lots