Healthcare Homes Group Limited
Happiness score is 36 out of 100

Healthcare Homes Group Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom91 reviews

Sad but relieved

I joined the company with high expectations. My manager was fantastic and the staff welcoming. The company doesn’t deserve them.Sadly the company was dreadful. Low staffing levels, micromanaged, a blame culture and bullying from Regional Management was rife.If you didn’t say or do as they wanted your life was a misery. Staff are cannon fodder and beds are filled simply for the cash they generate. Gold standard care is expected but staffing levels are low. The staff are then blamed for poor care.There are no benefits to working for this company. No sick pay, bare minimum holidays and no overtime rates.Positive feedback is rare.I would advise people avoid. There are better employers out there.If I could give a lower rating I would.

Very stressful manic place to be

A typical day here right now consists of the care staff working in the kitchen as there is no chef, manager is leaving so staff morale is very low, in general not a comfortable work environment

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

The list is endless

Insights into Healthcare Homes Group Limited

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Nice company and lovely staff

All staff were wonderful and so dedicated to the residents . Enjoyed learning new skills . Very traditional homes which were very welcoming to new residents

Pros

Enjoyed the home teamwork

Cons

Not supportive management at all

It is not a fun place to work

Its is ok if you are in the click if not can be stressful and feel not worthy no matter how you help out wages are not paid correctly and could be sometime before you recieve money owed to you

Pros

Shift patterns are the same

Stressful and rude staff

Nurses and care assistants are rude, intimidating, unfair and unsupportive, I wouldn't work there again for no money. The worst experience I have had through employment. Wouldn't recommend it, I got depressed because of this place and felt unwelcome.

Manager was really welcoming

I was made to feel at ease throughout my interview, I was nervous to start with as it had been a while since my last interview.The team at Kingsmead made me welcome especially the manager who has been supportive throughout the pandemic.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Non

good staff and residents not good fair pay

I worked for the company for 12 years. Started as kitchen assistant and finished as head chef. Staff and residents were good but very often my salary was wrong /I mean less/and some of staff too. Finally for all I did in my work as head chef everyone happy with food /staff and residents/, always in budget frame, 5 stars kitchen, I had over £1200 less pay.That happend when they changed my contract in the middle of the year and simply they cut half of my holiday /like new worker, I was not/ . After all evidence I presented in the office and head office I could not get my money or holiday. So be aware if you apply for work in any care home in UK for this company you probably will get less pay very often.

Pros

good staff, good residents

Cons

not fair pay

Underpaid, understaffed and unhappy.

I enjoy my job but working for this company is becoming more and more difficult. We are short staffed (as many care homes are right now), and despite explaining the difficulties we face, we still take a lot of criticism for how we do our jobs by managers and head office. We all work long, extra hours to help out because we love our residents but we are at breaking point. The managers here are fantastic but there is this looming presence of ‘head office’ over their heads. Furthermore, healthcare homes is now not offering us the bank holiday time-and-half-pay that we are entitled to in our contracts and instead are giving us only £2 extra an hour. They have deliberately made this hard to query with anyone despite emails and letters from myself and other employees. The residents certainly don’t see this money they are saving, and neither do us carers. It is such a shame for what a rewarding job I do to feel awful every time I come home from work.

Rewarding but underpaid

Lovely people and work culture where I'm at but the pay is shockingly bad and theres not much room for career progression ProsJob satisfaction Flexible hoursFree lunchConsVery low payShift workLong hours

Staff leaving is a huge problem

Lack of training, lack of staff, poor pay, poor management, little contact with Head Office all result in very unhappy staff. No one is happy and morale is very low

Pros

Staff parking

Cons

Poor pay, unappreciated

High staff turnover

Been with the company just over a year which makes me a veteran! I work nights which is a lot more stable but the day staff are constantly changing. Unfortunately the management culture from supervisory to top level leaves a lot to be desired. Staff are subjected to constant micro management and any failure to comply usually results in you being removed from the rota and subsequent loss of income. I have never fallen out with the managers and have just had an excellent appraisal. However not once has anyone from management ever enquired about my general wellbeing and are there any issues I would like to discuss. A lot of staff leave because they feel they are not appreciated for the work they do and are constantly being criticise for often petty things. Day staff have so much work to do they often cannot complete all the task. As I former manager myself I find it sad the management team are failing to treat their staff with any real empathy. They should seriously think about 1 on 1 meetings with the staff on regular basis, these can take as little as 15 mins to do and the benefits to both parties will make a huge difference.

Pros

Set paid hours every week (unlike community care)

Cons

Poor management

Avoid!!

Absolutely shocking company. No empathy, for staff OR residents. Underhanded activities. Liars. Will destroy you emotionally & physically. You are jyst a number & everyone is expendable & replaceable unless you are as corrupt as they are.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no time for breaks, lits of arguments between staff. No respect from management. No duty of care towards staff.

Really supportive team and lovely directors

I joined Healthcare homes during the pandemic and was provided with endless support by my team. It is lovely that the CEO always has time for central office staff and makes you feel a valued part of the team. It can be very challenging at time but it is really rewarding at the same time and there is always someone you can talk to if you have any issues. It is a lovely office to work in with great people.

Pros

Supportive team

Cons

Not much career progression

My day can be very varied which is what i enjoy the most, no two days are the same. The team are extremely supportive and great to work with, the wider management team are always friendly and approachable.

Pros

supportive and kind

Supportive workplace

I've been at Healthcare Homes for nearly 4 years and really enjoyed my time here. The whole team are really supportive and it's great how the CEO has an open door policy and will take the time to talk to you. It can be challenging at times but really rewarding when you see the difference you can make. It's a very friendly office to work within and I would recommend working for Healthcare Homes.

Pros

Friendly and supportive

Cons

Not much career progression available within the team

Team

You are a team player goals are achieved by working together for the individuals you support. Good support net work if ask for help. Ceo care about each person

Pros

Rota management

Cons

7 days aweek

Good working environment

Enjoyed working at Healthcare Homes for the past 4 years. Good team to be part of and I have had a lot of progression since starting with the company.

Pros

Good environment

My kind of culture

Since joining the company I have been impressed with the induction and the culture that resonates through the whole business. Everyone has been very welcoming and supportive and there is a real sense of unity across the departments.The kind of company I have been looking for and glad to say I've found it

Pros

Great people, great support

Hard work but valued

It has been the hardest year or so in all care homes, but as a manager I have felt supported throughout. There are opportunities for career progression and the same for my team.My managers make me feel valued and respected

Pros

Feel supported, competitve pay rates

Cons

Stressful at the moment as it is in the entire sector

Great place to work, outstanding home manager and great teamwork

I have been working at the Biggleswade home now for nearly a year. It has been tough with the pandemic but the manager has been amazing, she supports all her staff and her door is always open for a chat. Although things have been a little tough with staff shortages ( national issue) I have found that the care and management team pull together to ensure the residents get the best care. I love my job and working at Beaumont. Pay could be a little more but that is something that too is a national issue. There are opportunities to progress if you want to and also there is continued e-learning that keeps us all updated with our training.

Pros

Excellent team work, amazing home manager

Cons

National staff shortage

Great care staff team

Lovely place to work both care and residents are amazing. Team leaders work very hard supportive. Unfortunately this is let down by management no support or help with job role always trying to find someone to blame rather then being manger acting professional keeping staff and residents safe. This may have changed now. It is beautiful home to work in do miss it there.

Pros

Food is available at breaks

Cons

Not enough support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Homes Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement