Healthcare Homes Group Limited logo
Healthcare Homes Group Limited
Happiness score is 33 out of 100Low

Healthcare Homes Group Limited Employee Reviews

A real learning curve

Rewarding employment although rota wasn’t always thought through with respect to night to day shifts. Company friendly and fairly supportive. Regular training given and extra support by staff if needed.

Cons

Not enough time given between night to day shifts

Bad management

.would avoid at all costs. Management is poor they do not care about you,staff are miserable. Nobody is happy here anymore. The only thing they do is pay you well.

Terrible

Terrible place to work for. No one is respected and they expect way too much from care assistants. You will never see the management walking around only if someone is coming in eg CQC.

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Everything.

Poor workplace

Absolutely ridiculous place to work, would not recommend at all, management is a joke, so understaffed and get treated like rubbish. Resident are unable to get the proper care because management say we have about 10 minutes per person to get ready, including bath/shower washing, brushing hair and teeth.

Pros

Going home

Good employer

I have been with this company for many years and they invest in developing their staff in a way that I have never experienced with any other social care provider. The homes that I work in have lots of other long standing staff members and I always think that is a big indication of how good an employer is. Most importantly I see happy, healthy residents living in those homes and isn't that what it is all about?? I have always felt valued and supported.

No confidentiality

No team work .Staff constantly speaking in their own language. The lazier you are the better thought of you are . I worked hard in my time at Sovereign Lodge with little or no thanks was very unhappy their .Would not recommend not worth the stress.

Pros

Unpaid breaks

Cons

No extra money for bank holidays .Large turnover of staff

Olive House

Worked here for 7 years and until the current Manager took over the job was fabulous. The new Manager’s style is unprofessional, with no regard to any of the staff. She runs the place as a “if you don’t like it you know where the door is”.Lots of staff leave without exit interview, supervisions are not regular.

Pros

Cons

Bad Manager

General

As looking forward to working at healthcare homes but let down as was Worst company I have ever worked for. Lots of bullying from management. Training is terrible and not enough staff.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low wages, bad training, bad management, lots of bullying

Fun workplace

Felt welcome the moment you stepped through the door, I had such a supportive manager and colleagues. I really enjoyed my time at healthcare homes and I would highly recommend to work for this company whether it’s in head office, a career in their care homes or out on the road providing services to the elderly.

Pros

Good management and lovely working environment

Cons

Wasn’t any

Bad

Is an extreamly busy place with no support from management, losts of agencys daily booked in, always short of staff, too small salary, no equipment, i hardly not recomend this place, always on the phone, disturbing nurses during medicatication.

Pros

Free luch if left any after residents had their lunch

Cons

Always somebody interuping you, even during medication round

Jobs at Healthcare Homes Group Limited

See more jobs

Awful - avoid

As a new member of staff at a Cambridge care home run by HH I am appalled. The initial week of train was amazing, I had high hopes and was looking forwards to my first shift. Then everything agreed at interview was thrown out on my first shift. I had agreed to work certain days for the first 6 months until my children start nursery and was told no, that’s not in your contract so it’s not happening (they didn’t write it into my contract and refuse to change it) Residents are treated poorly on the night shift. They’re chronically understaffed and no manager takes anything you say seriously. I offered to do more hours so I could pick up the job role quicker. They snapped my hand off at that but still refuse to accept what I was offered at interview.

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

To many to list

Not worth it

Management is poor and there is no teamwork. The atmosphere is stressful and it's hard towork 12 hours with people that continually don't listen to anything you say.

Pros

Experience with dealing with dementia, nursing and residential service users

Cons

Pay not worth the stress and anxiety of working here

Not great, just avoid

I wouldn’t recommend this home at all, there were many reasons this place wasn’t suitable for me and I most certainly wouldn’t put anyone I like in here!

Pros

None really

Cons

Far too many to list

Enjoyed working at Oakland's House in Reydon.

I have worked for Health Care Homes for 6 years and found it most rewarding, both with colleagues and residents. Thank atmoshere is good and welcoming to all visitors, whether relatives or professionals .

Pros

Good staff and management. Wonderful resisidents. Good support.

Working for healthcare homes was a stressful time

When attempting to try and completely job role within healthcare homes found vast amount of complications determining it almost impossible to do so. It is completely unorganised and unsafe numbers of staff to the workload given, it's impossible to give a good quality of care due to the amount of work the put on you, I found there wasn't the right equipment needed to fulfil the tasks given. The was an atmosphere of feeling like I was back at school with the unprofessional team which also made it difficult to get on with the job. I envy the staff for staying and working for such a hideous company that simply only care about making money rather than putting the residents first.

Cons

long hours, not enough breaks, poorly managed, rushed, exhausting, draining.

Stressful and low staffing

Very stressful, never enough staff, poor pay rates and lack of support from management. No job security, work/ life balance impossible as always getting called because they are short staffed. Poor staff morale in most homes and often expected to work short staffed as they don’t like paying for agency staff.

Really good culture and caring people

Company have great people to work with which feels like a family! Great values,culture and freedom in making decisions, respectful and supportive management! You can definitely grow with them and expand your skills.

Great experience working in this sector

As i had not worked in this sector before and i fell into the job i found it very interesting and challenging. Loved working in the various homes and liaising with the clients as well. The job had great benefits in terms of meeting so many different walks of life. I learned a lot about Dementia, and in terms of my work i learnt different platforms and working with different councils and payments etc

Good company

Good company to work for . They are supportive and on top of the e learning training that have to be in place to work in this environment . Residents needs and day to day living is top priority for all management and staff

avoid don't do this to yourself

Very stressful place to work, very short staff, bullying culture, forgot about your break, rota changes all the time, they will extend your probationary period if you are not one of the favorites, you will put your career in risk if you work here.

friendly

Loved working at Meadow House great staff, great atmosphere very busy and a lot to remember but loved every minute of working alongside amazing people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Homes Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement