Healthcare Homes Group Limited

Healthcare Homes Group Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom106 reviews

lovelycaresupportivestaffsupporthealthcarepoorfeel

Pretty poor experience

Very financially driven company for one that provides care. As people take their last breath the next person is expected to be sat at the door ready to jump into that bed. Care staff are paid very poorly for what is expected of them, 12 hour shifts for minimum wage and sometimes very little time to rest.

I would not recommend to anyone

This is the worst run carehome I have worked! The rota is always changing and you never know what shifts your on as the rota is not available all the time. Being so overworked makes you I’ll all the time and the environment is toxic! The dementia part of the home is neglected severely always understaffed, told to take any new residents no matter what and always missing out on anything that goes on. The senior staff are incredible and have been the most supportive out of anyone!!I would not recommend to anyone to work here

Pros

Cons

Understaffed, Over worked, abusive environment, not much time with family, unpaid breaks.

Insights into Healthcare Homes Group Limited

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

The Malthouse

The Malthouse is a nice place to work. The residents and staff are all lovely. Staff are cheerful and there is a lovely family like atmosphere. It is a busy, lively home.

fair company to work for

Flexible, service awards and a strong emphasis on personal centred care make this one of the better companies to work for. Lots of long term staff which says something in itself.

Excellent in every way

A great place to work, grow and develop. Great senior team who are fantastic at making you feel valued and worthwhile! Superb modern office and a incredible bunch of people in the various teams…

Pros

CEO and senior team have a very open door policy and treat you with total respect.

Cons

None.

Rewarding

Very rewarding job, great team to work with, feels like family, good support from senior management, especially in challenging times such as Covid 19 pandemic.

Rubbish job

Challenging..no teamwork..no reward or gratitude..terrible management..hated every minute...stayed out of respect for the residents...gladly left and wouldn't recommend working there to anyone

Pros

Cons

Everything else

Busy and demanding role

The role as a nurse working for this company was quite challenging and it was crucial be adept and motivated in this environment. However once you integrate yourself into the role, it is rewarding providing continuity of care to those in your care.

Review

I enjoyed working for healthcare homes at the start then after a while the staff where I worked started to say things that was not true. but they soon wanted me to cover there shifts all the time. I wouldn't work go back to the care home I worked in again.

Poor

Under new management the home has lost a huge number of staff in very short time. The culture at the moment feels like a negative one, with senior managers visiting only to offer negative feedback and nothing seeming to please the home manager, who I have never heard say anything positive. A lot of the time there is a lack of basic equipment, morale is low, the home is understaffed and care assistants are overworked. The home relies heavily on agency carers who are mostly very good but do not always speak good English. The demands on the nurses and seniors are intense as they are few in number and on many shifts the nurse is alone with no senior for support. The pay is lower than at most homes in the local area. To be completely fair there are positives. The deputy manager is really approachable and kind and works incredibly hard. New staff in the kitchen and activities departments have really turned things around. The new nurse on days is very capable. The staff are friendly and supportive and will muck in together. The home itself is a pleasant, friendly building and the quality of care is very good: residents are mostly happy and issues are taken very seriously. There have been some positive changes from management to the dining experience and garden area and the CQC has acknowledged strong improvements in a number of areas. But management need to focus on getting the basics right like having adequate equipment, supporting staff with positive feedback as well as constructive criticism, bringing in high quality staff to address the shortfall and communicating better with staff.

Unfortunate

If you decide to work at beaumont park, you will be absolutely unappreciated by your management. You will be forced to give subpar care as there’s not enough staff nor supplies to do your job properly. They’ve started taking residents when we don’t have the proper facilities to take care of them; or keep residents who absolutely need more specialised care than what we can provide. It’s only about the profit. It’s ruined my mental health to work here and know that the residents deserve better, not to any fault of the carers.

poor culture and regimented regimes

I have seen a lot of changes in the home over 10 years. The best 16months were under the previous manager time at the home. The home has declined into an unhappy work place, residents are not receiving the care they need and there is a blame culture. The new manager does not know the residents and staff and it is all about filling beds and bringing in profit.

Pros

Free Lunch

Good people, bad pay

Good people to work with, holiday easy to book but higher management not at all bothered about the staff or homes. Overall is a good place but the money is not on par with the work done.

Lovely residents, some nice staff

There is always something to do. However, there are issues within my specific location that I do not approve of however. I really like helping the residents. Even like some of the colleagues I work with and there patience towards myself. There guidance. There's only ever 2 employers at night downstairs for 30 residents and 2 upstairs for about 19. There is more things wrong in my location than just this.

Pros

Free lunch, some nice colleagues

Cons

People talk behind your back, Your concerns aren't really dealt with, Other things that shouldn't happen

Average place

I got the maintenance roll and honestly was a great job learnt so much that i didnt know before i started that i now take away with great knowledge of the maintenance side , work environment was brilliant to start with but new management came in and everything changed for the worse , the constant undermining of my work and constant talking about me behind my back was disgusting no please or thank you , no appreciation from management pay was ok not fantastic but paid a few bills I only left due to poor management and bad working environment

Pros

Learn new skills i didnt know much about

Cons

Management, poor pay

Disappointed

Blame culture, poor working practices, higher management only visit to criticise and intimidate. No one seems to care that a manager and 12 other staff leaving or left. Residents receiving inadequate care.

Very stressful manic place to be

A typical day here right now consists of the care staff working in the kitchen as there is no chef, manager is leaving so staff morale is very low, in general not a comfortable work environment

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

The list is endless

Nice company and lovely staff

All staff were wonderful and so dedicated to the residents . Enjoyed learning new skills . Very traditional homes which were very welcoming to new residents

Pros

Enjoyed the home teamwork

Cons

Not supportive management at all

Sad but relieved

I joined the company with high expectations. My manager was fantastic and the staff welcoming. The company doesn’t deserve them.Sadly the company was dreadful. Low staffing levels, micromanaged, a blame culture and bullying from Regional Management was rife.If you didn’t say or do as they wanted your life was a misery. Staff are cannon fodder and beds are filled simply for the cash they generate. Gold standard care is expected but staffing levels are low. The staff are then blamed for poor care.There are no benefits to working for this company. No sick pay, bare minimum holidays and no overtime rates.Positive feedback is rare.I would advise people avoid. There are better employers out there.If I could give a lower rating I would.

It is not a fun place to work

Its is ok if you are in the click if not can be stressful and feel not worthy no matter how you help out wages are not paid correctly and could be sometime before you recieve money owed to you

Pros

Shift patterns are the same

Stressful and rude staff

Nurses and care assistants are rude, intimidating, unfair and unsupportive, I wouldn't work there again for no money. The worst experience I have had through employment. Wouldn't recommend it, I got depressed because of this place and felt unwelcome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Homes Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement