HealthHarmonie

HealthHarmonie Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews

targetrolepatientdirectorhealthsupportivesupportfeel

fun workplace

people are so nice, get alot of experience and the manager acknowledges your requests- however it is quite strict when it comes to dismissing individuals working there. however as long as you work hard, youre alright

Horrible environment

Not a great place to work at all. The staff were very clicky if you didn’t fit in you were made to feel very uncomfortable. The job itself was easy to do. A lot of calling patients and sending out letters so your average boring admin job.

Insights into HealthHarmonie

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Avoid at all costs

Firstly I want to start off by saying don’t be fooled by how nice staff are when you first have your interview! SMILING ASSASSINS. The staff are hard to work with as the place has its own little groups so if your not in it with the mangers don’t bother expecting to get any type of friendly behaviour or progression out of the job. They pick and choose who they want to climb in their career there. The computers hardly work and management get frustrated at you as if it’s your fault, the office space doesn’t cater to the amount of staff they have and you’ll probably be standing up for a while before you sit down and log in if you work in the evening then get an email as to why you haven’t logged in on time which is rather funny to me. You are over worked and pressured to always stay on target rather than focusing on the PATIENTS. You’ll have to have minimal talk with your colleagues so be aware you probably get an email if you have to many conversations. There’s a lot of talking behind each other’s backs so much that the place should have its own tv show. You hardly get appreciation for your hard work and dedication. The job benefits are a lie because health harmonie are not flexible at all. If you work in the evening team be aware that you won’t get included in staff treats but the day team will of course, so if you like left over pizza and doughnuts that have been left there open in the lunch room for a few days enjoy. Oh yeah remember don’t get sick because it’s a crime. And if you plan on leaving before the end of the working year then make sure you remember that they won’t -

Pros

Amazing evening manger!!!!!!!!

Cons

Everything I just said above

1 September 2022
Hello, my name is Colleen, and I am the Head of HR for HealthHarmonie, I am sorry to hear that your time at HealthHarmonie was not positive. I hope you will allow me the opportunity to address the concerns you have raised. As expected in many organisations working relationships form amongst staff who have worked together for a long time, within our organisation 41% of our staff have been with us for 2 year or more and therefore have created friendships at work. For new starters, we aim to buddy them up with experienced staff to ensure they have a smooth, welcoming and friendly transition into the team. In regards to the progression of our management team, all candidates applying for management positions with HealthHarmonie undergo a 2 stage interview process including a competency-based skill test to ensure they have the correct skill-set for the role.As an organisation, we consistently monitor the amount of downtime we experience within our IT systems and I can confirm within the last year we have achieved 99% system uptime, this being said should individual users have an issue we also have an IT service desk team available for support. The space within the office is limited at shift cross-over, however, we are currently reviewing a staggered shift rota pattern to improve this experience for our employees. To address your comments about pressure and targets, we are a target-driven organisation which we make very clear during the recruitment and training process as we are aware this does not suit some candidates. In January 2022 we implemented a bonus scheme which rewards -

Awful place to work

Treated like rubbish. Unless you are related to management you are treated like garbage. They expect loyalty from you but get rid of people without a second thought.It’s more about making money and not about the patient. Too many cliques and woe betide if you try to raise a concern. The last few people who did were dismissed!The list of negatives go on and on. Do yourself a favour and avoid!!!!

Good to kickstart a career

I worked here for a quite a while and progressed through a variety of roles. I left as I didn't feel I could progress further, however my experience here was invaluable for progressing my career elsewhere. I would definitely recommend this job for the short term to gain experience and transferable skills. After a year or so, either go for a promotion as there's always plenty of opportunities to progress, or start to look elsewhere. Whilst I did not agree with a lot of changes that had occurred, especially during COVID and after a change of certain key managers, I do understand that this is a private company with an aim to make profit. You will put in a lot more work than you are paid for, but the skills I gained made up for that and my current situation, albeit elsewhere, is thanks to this job. I am not the only one who faced this and know plenty of people who worked here and have used the vital experience to move on to bigger and better things. Whilst working here, I felt I could be open about personal situations that were effecting my work. Additional support was put in place. My comments/complaints were discussed fairly with managers. I have never worked anywhere where even directors get involved with everyday running of the business and try to interact and get to know all staff. The hours were good for a work/life balance as you are never expected to put in unpaid overtime and people consistently left on time at the end of their shifts (this is for the office based work, I cannot comment on the experience of those based in clinics)To improve, I think the company -

Pros

Set standard hours. Once your shift is over, you are not expected to put in additional work. Working with patients, you genuinely feel like you are making a positive difference to people's lives.

Cons

A lot of cost cutting elements were detrimental to staff welfare and their feelings of being valued.

Really bad workplace

Really stressful and negative work atmosphere. Staff are under pressure 24/7 to meet unrealistic targets. Employees were either closed off and cold or cliquey. The office space was tiny considering how many staff there were and the same could be said about the toilets/staff room. Also, the pay was terrible considering how much trauma the job leaves you with. Although it's a 9-5 the stress of the job would stay with you even after work hours. Didn't feel supported or a part of a community. HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE - STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN MENTAL HEALTH'S SAKE!!!

Stressful Environment

Lost interest in the role when despite my efforts I was patronised by my Team Leader to work harder. Lack of interest from any of my colleagues to chat to me. Happy to move on from this dump.

18 February 2022
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad time working with us. As a company we respect and appreciate how hard our staff work. If anyone in the business is making our colleagues feel undervalued, I would really appreciate the opportunity to investigate and hopefully fix this. Your review doesn't give a lot of information about the circumstances, could I please ask you to give me a call on 0121 295 8853 to discuss this further.

An organisation of this poor standard in this modern world.

This organisation does not care about it's employees. Provided constructive feedback that the training was not great. HR says discuss concerns with us. No use. Office politics, where both the Manager and HR take constructive feedback as criticism. They walk you out before the end of your shift. Where there are loopholes identified in the training and lack of communication in the department, they never improve these. Don't take the feedback as a grievance. Change makes an organisation better. Unfortunately, some of us won't be able to see this change including HR.The atmosphere on the floor is terrible. Staff work better when there is collaboration in the department, not when they don't speak and work like machines. The day your targets fall, even if it's once, you'll regret working for Health Harmonie and realise how back-dated this organisation is.

Pros

NHS Discounts

Cons

Pay is not competitive for 8am starts, consider travelling time for employees who live outside Birmingham, Non-interactive working environment, biased HR and Managers.

17 February 2022
Hi, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. First of all, can I say that I’m disappointed that you felt you didn’t get a resolution when we spoke. I’m also disappointed that you felt that we didn’t take your feedback seriously. I made it very clear despite the fact that you were leaving the business, we would still be taking your feedback on board and looking closely at our training processes. Currently all of our employees are bought in on a period of training that is relevant to their duties. This training lasts no less than a week and includes time with our in-house trainer, shadow sessions with qualified members of the team, and support from line managers. We also accordingly adjust time frames, targets, and objectives to allow new members of the team to get up to speed. I need to challenge your wording in your review, I believe you have selected certain phrases here to intentionally mislead people reading what you have wrote. I would point out that you were only with the organization for a few weeks, a lot of your points come across as repeated failings rather than your own personal opinions.Also, I would like to add that some of your points here are very subjective, for example I disagree completely with your view that the atmosphere on the floor is terrible. I always find it pleasant, welcoming and generally quite upbeat. Our staff work incredibly hard and perform brilliantly in their roles, any suggestion that they could be made to ‘work better’ is tone-deaf and unfair on them. I want to add as well that, while we never take the decision -

Fast paced workplace with a family feeling!

Joining a new company is always a daunting experience. For me, joining HealthHarmonie has been an exceptional experience and i love working for this company and with these people. The whole organisation gives the feeling that you part of the family right from the off. When i joined i was made to feel at home and welcome. The support network is fantastic, both from a management and staff member point of view. I have worked in several high profile organisations where directors and board members would sit in 'ivory towers' looking down at front line staff, never interacting or conversing with staff. HealthHarmonie is NOTHING like this. They are the exception. Everyone talks and converses with everyone. Board members and directors chip in with daily duties when they need to and help front line staff with anything they need.Dont get me wrong, no organisation is perfect. There are pro's and cons to every workplace. What makes HealthHarmonie stand out is the people and the possibility of what this company and organisation can become. There are challenges here for certain but we are striving to making a difference for patients and thats what matters!I love working for HealthHarmonie and intend to be here for a very long time!

Pros

work/life balance, colleagues, no two days are the same, challenging

Cons

can be stressful

Fast paced but love the work we do!

As a current employee and manager within this company I thoroughly enjoy my role and position.I have worked here for a little over 2 years and have progressed from a call centre role into a manager position.Hard work gets rewarded by promotion. Not to mention the directors treat the team to sweet treats as a small token of their thanks for all our hardwork.Love the Monday to Friday 8-4/9-5 shifts as it means I still have plenty of time to spend with my family.We are a company that prides itself on patient care and have worked wonders throughout the pandemic to ensure our patients are still cared for. Don't get me wrong there are back logs due to covid related illnesses and taking on extra contacts to ease some of the pressure from the NHS, but we all work hard to get our patients seen.As a call centre manager I understand the pressures my team face and they all work so hard, they are a great bunch of people and we all get along with each other. We offer a buddy system so new starters are not overwhelmed with the fast pace of the floor after leaving the bubble of the training room. Yes we all have targets but we offer support each and every member of the team when they need it. Love my job and wouldn't swap it for the world!!

Pros

Great work/home life balance Excellent support from management and team Every day is different

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Terrible experience happy to leave.

you are micromanaged, the company is not inclusive as you are easily isolated out of the 'groups' formed. The job was relentless with basic 'snacks' given as a reward for gruelling work as understaff department forced to keep up work rates rather than limiting workload for staff to manage. Issue not openly discuss but rather pushed aside and unless you become friends with managed progression is unlikely.

Pros

paid lunch

Cons

no flexible ie remote working. Monitored to the minute, unfair treatment of staff.

9 February 2022
Hi, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience working with us. I do hope that you’ll give me the opportunity to address some of your concerns here.Firstly, I do need to point out that we are a community healthcare provider working alongside the NHS, our workload is made up of patients with very serious health conditions. If we were to ‘limit’ the workload as you suggest, the direct consequence would be that people’s health and safety would suffer. Finally, I do need to challenge your claims that the company is not inclusive, we have a very diverse team, with senior roles comprised of people from different religions, sexualities, ethnicities, and genders. Employees are progressed internally based on their qualities and performance, all employees are invited to apply for positions and our recruitment processes are above reproach. I am interested in your claims of ‘unfair treatment of staff’. We take allegations such as this seriously and I would very much like to get some more information about this if possible. If you would like to give me a call to discuss this further, I can be reached on 0121 295 8853.

Mentally draining

HH do not care about anyone as long they have you working like robotics monkeys the pay should be much higher then what it is as workers are doing managers work while the managers are outside smoking and on personal phone calls, constantly in backlog and management keep emails every hour hounding you asking for productivity

Pros

8-4/ 9-5 start time

Cons

Not enough time for lunch and prison like break room, colleagues don’t even talk to you they ignore each other even the director is very rude

2 February 2022
Hello, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. I’m very sorry to hear that you’re not having a good experience working with us. Our salary and benefits packages are competitive across the board. We pay above the national living wage in all of our positions and also offer several benefits to our employees, this includes a quarterly incentive bonus and increased annual leave based on length of service. I do want to challenge you on your comments around our managers. Our management team work very hard in their roles to maintain the high standards of patient safety and care; therefore, I must disagree completely with any comments implying otherwise. As you know, the HR Team are always available to discuss any concerns. If you would like to discuss any of these points further, please feel free to contact me on 0121 295 8853.

Supported in role - Patient centred

Great to be part of a healthcare company where patient care and experience is priority. Supportive managers, welcoming staff. Fast paced and target driven but for all the right reasons!

Pros

Supported progression

2 February 2022
Hello, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. Firstly, can I say thank you very much for the kind words!! We take patient care very serious as a business so it’s always nice to hear when this gets acknowledged!I’m always genuinely glad to hear about peoples positive experiences within the company, it seems as though you would have some good stories to tell you of your time with us. Please feel free to give me a call on 0121 295 8853 if you want to have a chat!

Fast paced call centre environment

I joined the company after having a successful interview and was given a weeks worth of training before starting the role. The trainer I had was knowledgable and competent and gave me an insight into how the company operates and what the ethos of company is. Once starting the job, I found there was pressure to attain certain targets, which was monitored on an hourly basis by my line manager, but I learnt to adapt. Once I became more confident, I was able to perform well in my role. I received continuous support and guidance from my line manager and I was also given further training in a different department, which allowed me to grow and develop in a different area. I am glad that I made the decision to join the company.

Pros

NHS discount, bonuses, supportive managers

Cons

Target driven, no free parking

2 February 2022
Hello, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. Firstly, can I say thank you very much for the kind words!! In the HR Team we’re very aware of how daunting it can be to start a new job, so we’re very proud of our training team and the effort they put in to making that process easier for you. It’s always nice to hear when our efforts are appreciated!I also want to thank you for your comments around our line managers, we’re incredibly proud of the professional relationships they build within their teams and the levels of support that they give, especially to new employees. I’m always genuinely glad to hear about people’s positive experiences within the company, it seems as though you would have some good stories to tell you of your time with us. Please feel free to give me a call on 0121 295 8853 if you want to have a chat!

Worst place to work at - stay away

Firstly I think the management at this company has to be the worst I have come across, they expect you to take any many duties without any proper training and expect you to complete it within a timeframe which is not realistic. As an employee if you have any complaints the manager says they can't do anything about it and to get on with your job. Really stressful job and would suggest anyone wanted to apply for a job with this company to stay away. You can't take any days of even if you are not feeling well they will expect you to come in and complete you work. The company can terminate you contract at any time in middle of your shift and escort you out the building.

Pros

Cons

Hardly any training, Expects you to work on many duties within the first week of employment, Worst management I have seen in any job role I have done.

2 February 2022
Hello, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. I’m very sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good time working for us. You obviously feel very strongly about this and I hope you will give me an opportunity to address some of your concerns?All of our employees are bought in on a period of training that is relevant to their duties. This training lasts no less than a week and includes time with our in-house trainer, shadow sessions with qualified members of the team, and support from line managers. We also accordingly adjust time frames, targets, and objectives to allow new members of the team to get up to speed. I would also say that our managers always take reasonable complaints seriously and would never disregard legitimate concerns. You mention that you were told to get on with your job when raising a concern, I can only assume that there was a good reason for this and that these reasons were communicated to you. During your induction we would have communicated the process to follow in the event that you weren’t happy with a decision. Finally, I want to address your comments around termination. We do understand that people get unwell at times, even on their probation. We will never expect anyone to come into work if they are not well enough to perform in their duties. That being said, as the probation period is such an important time in an employee’s development into their role, repeated periods of absence are treated seriously. We never take the decision to terminate a contract lightly but unfortunately sometimes this becomes necessary. I believe -

Patients first and Supported learning

Watching a company that strives to help and put patients care first is great, but to be a part of it, is amazing!! I have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work across varied roles within the company. HealthHarmonie have supported and mentored me each step of the way through my journey, giving me the chance to expand my skills and progress within my career. If you want to work for a company that puts its patients first, I highly recommend HealthHarmonie for you!

14 December 2021
Hello, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. Firstly, can I say thank you very much for the kind words!! I’m genuinely glad to see that you’ve had a positive experience with us, and I hope that we continue to meet this standard for you!Putting the patients first is one of our key values and we take our responsibility to them very seriously, so it’s great to hear when people appreciate the effort we put into this!It seems as though you have good stories to tell of your time with us, and I would love to hear more about them. Feel free to give me a call on 0121 295 8853 for a chat!

Supportive management and excellent training

The management and staff are friendly and helpful. No two days are the same and there is always something new to learn at this call centre. The training provided is very professional and enables you to take calls in the discipline you are trained, even if you have no previous experience. The HR are very professional. The management will regularly meet up with you to ask how you are doing and get feedback. It's a very friendly atmosphere thanks to the support from both staff and managers.

14 December 2021
Hello, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie.I’m so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us in our Call Centre, and I sincerely thank you for your kind words!We do understand that it can be daunting coming into a new company and we would hope that, by being present and supportive, we can help everyone get settled in as well as we possibly can.We’re very proud of our management team and I’m glad to see that you appreciate them too! I’ll pass your kind words onwards and make sure they’re aware of the impact they’re having.It seems as though you have good stories to tell of your time with us, and I would love to hear more about them. Feel free to give me a call on 0121 295 8853 for a chat!

Expect too much for minimum wage

Not the worst place to work but not the best either. The job itself is not the most exciting but it is manageable and important to the business and patients health. As the tasks can be quite repetitive it can be a bit soul draining at times, however with the right team enthusiasm, this is easy to ignore. Though generally speaking it does seem as if office staff are encouraged to limit conversations to the bare minimum. Strengths: Management often treated staff to gifts on their birthday (Management individuals, not on behalf of the organisation.), bright clean office. shift hours are between 8-5, Main problem areas: No parking, poor organisation, poor induction, no training, limited diversity in management positions, reaching incentive is unlikely as it is not based solely or even primarily on personal performance. HH try and get as much out of you as they can with little investment back as break rooms and toilets are low quality (no toilet roll dispensers/ no water filter/ Both are very cramped), you only get one 30 min break, you're placed under constant surveillance regardless of whether you're hitting targets or not. New starters fobbed off for agesss as noone has time to train. All in all, its a very controlling atmosphere and the pressure placed on the individual is not accurately represented in the pay.

Pros

paid break, 8-5 working hours, good lunch opts

Cons

Underpaid, weekends, below a gym so noisy, high staff turnover

14 December 2021
Hello, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. Firstly, can I say, while I do appreciate that you didn’t have a perfect time with us, your feedback came across as quite balanced and I thank you for that! It’s good that you saw the positives of the company, we’re very proud of our managers and the way they treat their staff, and we always encourage them to show their teams how much they’re valued. I am really sorry to hear that you had some negative experiences while working with us and I hope you’ll give me the opportunity to address some of those concerns?I notice that some of your concerns are around the pay and incentives that we offer. We have been reviewing our packages and the new rates are quite competitive. As for our premises, I agree that the toilet and lunchroom can seem a little snug. We have tried our best to make the space that we have available more comfortable. We do provide all the amenities for comfort breaks that are required. We have drink making and food storage facilities, and all of our toilets are fully stocked with toilet paper. I do need to respectfully disagree with you about the lack of diversity in our management positions. We have a very diverse team, with senior roles comprised of different ethnicities, religions, sexualities, and genders. We recruit and develop almost all of our managers internally and the decisions for who gets these positions are made by a panel of leaders that are represented by every demographic. As I said earlier, we are very proud of our management team. I would like to have a conversation -

Very productive and well managed company

I began working for HealthHarmonie 18mths ago in February 2020. During Furlough I was supported and updated weekly via a meeting on Zoom or teams by the directors. Within the contact centre it is very fast paced and very productive. Since commencing employment, I have learned a varied variety of different tasks and there is something new on a daily basis to train or learn about.

Pros

Supportive Management/Directors

Cons

N/a

23 August 2021
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your thoughts and experience at HealthHarmonie.HealthHarmonie

Stress mess

The company is a good platform to start your career but any longer than 6 months the novelty wears off.Management are young and so you find they are not always proffessionally knowledgeable are sympathetic in there approach.

Pros

Company is close to home- saving me time and petrol

Cons

Sometimes you have to take work home - physically and mentally!!

6 August 2021
Hello, my name is Chris and I’m the HR Officer for HealthHarmonie. I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working with us and I hope you’ll give me the opportunity to address some of your concerns?Firstly, regarding your comment around the management team, our recruitment processes for any management positions are vigorous and challenging and the competency of our managers is thoroughly tested before they are ever confirmed in their positions. Our managers are knowledgeable and professional and are further supported by a team of senior leaders with a wealth of experience.I would however like to get some more information around your use of the word “sympathetic” in this sentence? This sounds to me as if you had a specific concern that you felt wasn’t being addressed in the correct way? Even if you didn’t feel comfortable raising a concern with your manager, I would have hoped that you would have felt comfortable coming to us in HR to discuss an issue. I would very much like to discuss this further and if you felt comfortable contacting me, I will preserve your anonymity. Finally, I would like to address the last comment in your review where you said, “Sometimes you have to take work home – physically and mentally!!” If I am right in understanding that you had a difficult time switching off from work due to the pressures of a fast-paced job in the healthcare industry, I can empathise. I will say that I would have liked the opportunity to discuss this with you sooner as I’m aware of a few techniques that can assist you with disconnecting and maintain a -

Amazing place to work

I feel homely in this company. Wherever you go it takes time to understand culture n people. Just give that time. People are amazing here, so helpful. Company takes your responsibility that you should feel comfortable and happy while delivering your services

Pros

Paid lunch break

6 August 2021
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I’m glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our organisation!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthHarmonie. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare HealthHarmonie with

HealthHarmonie reviews by location

Learn about HealthHarmonie in popular locations

• HealthHarmonie
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?