Heineken

United Kingdom11 reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,520 reviews
beerbrandroleculturefreemonthlongyear

Good experience

Started a job in January 2020, 12 month contract, met all expectations required but due to Covid, brewing industry has been hit very hard, contract was not renewed, along with a few redundancies.

Pros

Beer allowance, good pay

Cons

Commute across Manchester is a nightmare

Avoid

Great set of lads to work with, but one person who is higher management just goes around and BULLIES people FACT.get out while you can if your a new starter

Pros

Not bad wage

Cons

Work to many weekends

Insights into Heineken

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Hit and miss.

Work with some great colleagues and for the area, money isn't at all bad compared to other positions locally. Wages have since been cut and the changing shift pattern has been introduced without good reason.More and more wanted every day with a reducing workforce. Most jobs advertised are fixed term and they plan on hiring agency staff at the site which is not a great outlook for current staff in future.Proper training is non existent. If you want to expand your skill set, maybe look elsewhere. Not at all a bad place to work but there may be more within another large company.

Pros

Salary and bonus scheme.

Cons

Shift pattern

Stay away

The management are constantly pushing you to do more whilst trying to pay you less. Work life balance is abysmal though they say they promote it. It’s a them and us culture between management and shop floor. People who move to management positions from the shop floor quickly forget where they came from. Low morale across the lines.

Pros

Cons

Constantly trying to cut shop floor wages.

No respect from middle management and too much stressful

I worked for Heineken as technical operator short time. One advise- stay away from that place unless you are desperate for money. Place very unsafe - people are afraid to report an accident - manager doesn't really want to even report it. Management - no respect for other, they braks the standard of safety rules,poor manual handling, no right eqipment for work. Also behaviour of the some of the managers leaves much to be desired. Is the place where you need to work without your brain, agree with everyone and with everything. Is the place that from drain to TPM nothing works. Managers has no idea what is the lean mean, and how to treat the other people. Looks nice from outside but if you get the job you will be very disappointed. What the shame that for such a global brand people are treated as nothing.

Pros

free beer

Cons

12 hours shift on your feet with no air conditioner

Want the best without tools to achieve it

Quick management turn around with some idiots filling them positions who have absolutely no people management skills at all! Lots of money being spent on new equipment but they do like to do things backwards to say the least! Lots of pressure on you as an operator. Under staffed is an understatement! If you enjoy spending 12 hours running around in a sauna then it's for you!!!!

Pros

Free beer, pension, pay.

Cons

Stand ups, extremely draining

Technical Operator Manchester

I have not been here long, (and might not be much longer) Weird culture amongst shift management, they take no responsibility for anything, training bare minimum then you are left to work it out for yourself but still criticised when things are not going well Very top heavy with managers that have strange non existent jobs that they try to justify by passing stupid tasks that you must complete on top of my core role. Annual reviews that effect my bonus is impossible to achieve and impossible to justify the rating system even when all objectives are met.. They use a bell curve system that must be met regardless of how well anyone does. (grades 1 to 5 and must be populated, even if all even they must have a technical Operator who is a failure and gets rated a 1) If you can handle the politics and bull then I would recommend this job

Pros

Benefits, salary average

Cons

Junior/middle management that do not appear to have a role but still get paid

A place where if your face fits, you will fit.

• A place where if you are the managers favourite you will succeed •If your not you will be effectively managed out of the company •you must be a robot and make sure you never make a mistake Even after many years of service •no quality of life working on a 4 on 4 off rota consisting of 2 days 7am-7pm, 2 nights 7pm-7am. 5 out of 7 weekends are tied up and you only really get 3 off as you finish on the morning of your first day off •god forbid you have an opinion against theirs you will be punished •managers fresh out of university, with no life skills and definitely no people skills •Blue chip company? I think not! The management of This company Heineken will stiff you on the first opportunity (If you're not their buddy) •some great people work there, but also some really sly backstabbers beware. •i met some friends for life here but also met some horrible people I would like to never set eyes on again •promises are everywhere, but same applies to being the managements little buddy to ever be able to progress •No compassion for people who are experiencing problems It's the Heineken way GET OUT WHILST YOU CAN

Pros

Money is ok but could be better considering you spend most of your life here!

Cons

The (Trainee) management are a farce

Heineken

Great safety culture, benefits and development potential. ability to go wherever you want within the company and good communications around what is happening there.

Depressing place with an alarming high staff turnover.

BEWARE!!! Job description does not match the work they actually want you to do. A very large number of people handed their notice in during my time there. People who had been there for many years as well as new starters. I'm talking at least ten people over a two month period. Alarm bells! I worked at Heineken in Manchester for five months and I can honestly say it was the worst five months of my working life! Upon applying for the role, it was made out to be an amazing job and an amazing place to work with excellent career prospects. Employed as a Technical Operator, I did nothing technical what so ever! They basically wanted me to feed cardboard boxes into a machine for twelve hours straight. Occassionally I would change the odd part of equipment in the machine, that is about as technical as things got. They also have a system in place called 'stand up, stand down'. Being 'stood up' basically means they give you one weeks notice and they can call you in to cover someone elses shift, when you should be on your days off. You don't get many weekends off shift as it is, so beware that if this happens to you. You could be lucky to have one or two weekends off every eight weeks. They fail to mention this during the interview process, so if you do go for an interview with them, ASK about this system. On the flip side, being 'stood down' is the opposite. They can offer you a day or two off should they need to close down a production line for various reasons i.e. maintenance. Lots of false promises at this company.

Pros

Free case of beer every month.

Cons

Working most weekends.

i have learn alot at heineken.

i ahve learnt alot at heineken but i didnt feel the managers supported there opperators and my abitions to progress. this was very dishearting for me as i have strived to progress throughout the company.

Cons

long hours, blame culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heineken. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement