Helen And Douglas House
View all Helen And Douglas House reviews

Helen And Douglas House

Helen And Douglas House Employee Review

fun workplace always something to do

the day was always fun the other co-workers were always nice and supportive. I learned that retail is not a easy business to go in to also it is very active. The management was not great but it was bareable.the co-workers were supportive and they would never hold back when I was making a mistake. the hardest part of the job was I had to go to certain places that had a lot of dust and I am allergic. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to work with different people and get t know one another.

Same location

Inspiring and Productive

When volunteering for this company I usually would work for 2 hours a day where I would price and tag donated clothes, which are then carried downstairs. I learned about how important pricing clothes can be and how to improve my communication skills when working within a new environment. Management was very friendly and helpful when showing me how to handle equipment and price clothing. The hardest part of the job was adapting to a new environment however, it wasn't long until I became much more comfortable. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all age groups, from individuals who were the same age as me, to elderly individuals.
Same location

Great way to get out and meet people whilst supporting charity

A great way to get out at no cost to myself. A typical day involves meeting customers and serving them at the till, finishing off the culling and 1/2 pricing of stock, pricing up non clothes items and putting them into displays.

Pros

Paid Bus Fares

Cons

Not getting paid

Busy role for good cause

Busy role for good cause. Enjoyable atmosphere. Working in retail with general public. Work as part of a team receiving and supporting donations to raise money for terminally ill children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen And Douglas House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5
  • Helen And Douglas House
  • fun workplace always something to do