Helen And Douglas House
View all Helen And Douglas House reviews

Helen And Douglas House

Helen And Douglas House Employee Review

Great way to get out and meet people whilst supporting charity

A great way to get out at no cost to myself. A typical day involves meeting customers and serving them at the till, finishing off the culling and 1/2 pricing of stock, pricing up non clothes items and putting them into displays.

Pros

Paid Bus Fares

Cons

Not getting paid

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fun work place flexble

i would take clothes and clean and check them for any marks or anything. i learned how to steam and also how to use a till. i learned how to communicate as a team member.

Pros

discounted clothes

Cons

no pay as volunteer
Same role

Nice staff, good environment

Good management Nice staff Excellent place to do voluntary work/ casual work Flexible with their hours Work quite repetitive Good if looking for experience in retail environment
Same location

Inspiring and Productive

When volunteering for this company I usually would work for 2 hours a day where I would price and tag donated clothes, which are then carried downstairs. I learned about how important pricing clothes can be and how to improve my communication skills when working within a new environment. Management was very friendly and helpful when showing me how to handle equipment and price clothing. The hardest part of the job was adapting to a new environment however, it wasn't long until I became much more comfortable. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all age groups, from individuals who were the same age as me, to elderly individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen And Douglas House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Helen And Douglas House
  • Great way to get out and meet people whilst supporting charity