Helen And Douglas House
View all Helen And Douglas House reviews

Helen And Douglas House

Helen And Douglas House Employee Review

Interesting place to work and meet different people.

It was a good and interesting place to work. You get to meet plenty of different people who volunteer and also other employees at meetings. The pay rate is very good and the balance between work and lifestyle is very good.

Pros

Help is provided if needed and same with training.

Cons

The shop I worked in used to get very busy with donations so you couldn’t have a proper lunch break

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Busy role for good cause

Busy role for good cause. Enjoyable atmosphere. Working in retail with general public. Work as part of a team receiving and supporting donations to raise money for terminally ill children
Same location

A Great Place To Work.

I would start work at around 1pm every Wednesday, and work until 5pm. My typical work day would be fairly busy and i'd always have something to do, whether it was working on the till or sorting donations. I got on well with all my co-workers, as they were helpful and friendly to all. My manager was a generally nice person. She was really helpful and taught me a lot, such as how the shop is ran, how to use the till and how to sort donations properly. I don't think I found anything too hard once I knew how everything worked, but when I started, I found it kind of hard to get the hang of everything. Once I knew properly, I was really confident and worked well. What I liked most was meeting new people and gaining a better work experience, which hopefully will get me a part time job.

Pros

Helpful people, Co-workers, Training skills I learnt.

Cons

Traveling to get to work.

A great charity to work for!

During my time at Helen and Douglas house I was treated well by management and staff. At times it was an emotionally challenging environment but the support staff received was amazing! It’s a great charity that offers essential care for the families that access it. Would highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen And Douglas House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement
  • Helen And Douglas House
  • Interesting place to work and meet different people.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?