Helen And Douglas House

Helen And Douglas House Employee Reviews in Oxford

Busy role for good cause

Busy role for good cause. Enjoyable atmosphere. Working in retail with general public. Work as part of a team receiving and supporting donations to raise money for terminally ill children

A great charity to work for!

During my time at Helen and Douglas house I was treated well by management and staff. At times it was an emotionally challenging environment but the support staff received was amazing! It’s a great charity that offers essential care for the families that access it. Would highly recommend.

Handled mental health very badly

I left the job due to not being treated well due to asking for time off due to anxiety. I left a year ago and saw my previous manager in the pub. He then spoke openly about my anxiety in the pub to his friend, mocking me, and in the knowledge that I could see him. Bordering on harrasment. Although I believe that the charity does a very helpful thing I would not suggest working here to anyone with a mental health difficulty as they clearly do not have a good understanding of the Equality Act or how to treat people with any form of disability. Ironic really.

Great place work, opportunities for progression and advancement. Competitive salary with benefits added and variety of shift patterns.

Pros

Unsociable pay

Cons

Irregular shift patterns

Fu and rewarding

A fun and busy environment to work in I trained as a chef through my position here great team members Hard and emotional sometimes putting a smile on the children's faces made my day!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Helen And Douglas House?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen And Douglas House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement
  • Helen And Douglas House
  • Oxford
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?