Helen And Douglas House

Helen And Douglas House Employee Reviews in Reading

Interesting place to work and meet different people.

It was a good and interesting place to work. You get to meet plenty of different people who volunteer and also other employees at meetings. The pay rate is very good and the balance between work and lifestyle is very good.

Pros

Help is provided if needed and same with training.

Cons

The shop I worked in used to get very busy with donations so you couldn’t have a proper lunch break

A Great Place To Work.

I would start work at around 1pm every Wednesday, and work until 5pm. My typical work day would be fairly busy and i'd always have something to do, whether it was working on the till or sorting donations. I got on well with all my co-workers, as they were helpful and friendly to all. My manager was a generally nice person. She was really helpful and taught me a lot, such as how the shop is ran, how to use the till and how to sort donations properly. I don't think I found anything too hard once I knew how everything worked, but when I started, I found it kind of hard to get the hang of everything. Once I knew properly, I was really confident and worked well. What I liked most was meeting new people and gaining a better work experience, which hopefully will get me a part time job.

Pros

Helpful people, Co-workers, Training skills I learnt.

Cons

Traveling to get to work.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Helen And Douglas House?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen And Douglas House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement