Helen And Douglas House

Helen And Douglas House Management reviews

Clear

A great charity to work for!

During my time at Helen and Douglas house I was treated well by management and staff. At times it was an emotionally challenging environment but the support staff received was amazing! It’s a great charity that offers essential care for the families that access it. Would highly recommend.

Nice staff, good environment

Good management Nice staff Excellent place to do voluntary work/ casual work Flexible with their hours Work quite repetitive Good if looking for experience in retail environment

Inspiring and Productive

When volunteering for this company I usually would work for 2 hours a day where I would price and tag donated clothes, which are then carried downstairs. I learned about how important pricing clothes can be and how to improve my communication skills when working within a new environment. Management was very friendly and helpful when showing me how to handle equipment and price clothing. The hardest part of the job was adapting to a new environment however, it wasn't long until I became much more comfortable. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all age groups, from individuals who were the same age as me, to elderly individuals.

Handled mental health very badly

I left the job due to not being treated well due to asking for time off due to anxiety. I left a year ago and saw my previous manager in the pub. He then spoke openly about my anxiety in the pub to his friend, mocking me, and in the knowledge that I could see him. Bordering on harrasment. Although I believe that the charity does a very helpful thing I would not suggest working here to anyone with a mental health difficulty as they clearly do not have a good understanding of the Equality Act or how to treat people with any form of disability. Ironic really.

fun workplace always something to do

the day was always fun the other co-workers were always nice and supportive. I learned that retail is not a easy business to go in to also it is very active. The management was not great but it was bareable.the co-workers were supportive and they would never hold back when I was making a mistake. the hardest part of the job was I had to go to certain places that had a lot of dust and I am allergic. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to work with different people and get t know one another.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen And Douglas House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement