Helen And Douglas House

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

Insights into Helen And Douglas House

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Most customers understand that by purchasing items in store they are contributing towards helping the charity continue providing specialist help to children and their families going through the worst thing that can happen to a family, losing a child. We try and make as much money as possible from the donations received if they are designer or antique and appreciate the continued support from regular donors. We put out a lot of new items every day and enjoy seeing regular customers. It's great getting compliments about how nice the shop looks as it takes a lot of effort and time. It's a shame when people just come in to steal or cause a fuss about not wanting to pay a bit more for higher quality items. thedonorofth

Interesting place to work and meet different people.

It was a good and interesting place to work. You get to meet plenty of different people who volunteer and also other employees at meetings. The pay rate is very good and the balance between work and lifestyle is very good.

Pros

Help is provided if needed and same with training.

Cons

The shop I worked in used to get very busy with donations so you couldn’t have a proper lunch break

Great place work, opportunities for progression and advancement. Competitive salary with benefits added and variety of shift patterns.

Pros

Unsociable pay

Cons

Irregular shift patterns

A Great Place To Work.

I would start work at around 1pm every Wednesday, and work until 5pm. My typical work day would be fairly busy and i'd always have something to do, whether it was working on the till or sorting donations. I got on well with all my co-workers, as they were helpful and friendly to all. My manager was a generally nice person. She was really helpful and taught me a lot, such as how the shop is ran, how to use the till and how to sort donations properly. I don't think I found anything too hard once I knew how everything worked, but when I started, I found it kind of hard to get the hang of everything. Once I knew properly, I was really confident and worked well. What I liked most was meeting new people and gaining a better work experience, which hopefully will get me a part time job.

Pros

Helpful people, Co-workers, Training skills I learnt.

Cons

Traveling to get to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen And Douglas House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement