Helping Hands

Helping Hands Employee Reviews

Positive Experiences, Friendly Colleagues and Great Opportunities

Featured review

Helping Hands selected this as a representative review
I started with Helping Hands Cardiff in February 2017 as a care assistant, since then I have had the opportunity to progress to CTP and then to Care Coordinator. There is always a friendly and positive atmosphere within the company and the office and there are always opportunities to progress and improve your knowledge. Within my current role, I work closely with all the office staff, carers and customers and every day throws new challenges, no two days are the same! If anyone has a concern or needs advice the office has always made it their top priority to be supportive and find ways to help. I have always enjoyed working for this company and I find that the company always adapts to change well, particularly through the pandemic. The benefits of working with helping hands is not only the security of the job, but the positive effect it has on your life. I couldn't recommend joining Helping Hands Cardiff enough.

Pros

Job security, salary, mileage allowance, good atmosphere, friendly staff

1 September 2021
Thankyou so much for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it :)

1 September 2021
Good Morning, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a positive review, thankyou !

Helping hands Walsall

I worked for helping hands for about 3 months, hourly pay was £10.50 per hour, but they give you little time to get to elderly homes, the people I care for was lovely, I couldn’t afford £80 - £90 in fuel aweek , people that I worked with were lovely, and the staff that I meant were lovely people, even the management were nice ladies, could be out from 6.30am to 18.35 pm and only get paid for 4 hours the rest is traveling, I did enjoy the job but couldn’t afford to do it

Pros

Cons

Long time on the road

Great customers and amazing office staff

Great place to work. Some stress but i like stress. We have a good group of carers and customers. The office staff are amazing and always there for a chat and too help.

Pros

Flexablitiy, great customers and staff

Cons

Potentially long hours, but they do try to help prevent this.

Nantwich branch is brilliant to work for

Nantwich branch is a great branch to work for, flexible hours and days to suit personal life, management is brilliant, all staff are very friendly and helpful. Salary is great!

Pros

Flexibility

Rewarding client work

Zero hours contract, inconsistent working hours meant extending your availability, low pay and rushed client work were reasons I didn’t stay. Staff were always however very good and management approachable and responsive. Clients were very rewarding to care for. I guess the way this role works is based around client need and cost made to them but difficult to sustain a worker, even on basis of part time work.

Pros

Management, clients

Cons

Zero hours contract, inconsistent work, low pay, constraints of allocated time to do work well

8 September 2021
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. I wanted to let you know that as of today we have introduced a guaranteed income contract as opposed to the Zero Hours contract you mention in your review. I would encourage you to speak with your manager about this or email us: reviews@helpinghands.co.uk. Thanks!

Nice people and very supportive team

Is a very nice company and I love working over here, they're lovely people, very strong and supportive team, I truly love their kind of management system

Pros

Feee meal and transport

New Milton, fun and Understanding

Great company to work for very understanding in there approach to work life balance. Carers are top quality and all very kind and willing to go the extra mile.

Pros

Mileage and holiday are separate from pay, great office staff and great clients

Amazing place to work!

One of the best care companies I've had the pleasure of working for. The company care about their staff and as an employee you are really looked after. I couldn't ask for better support and that's what makes a team!

1 September 2021
Good Morning, Thankyou for taking the time to leave such positive feedback :)

Fab company and branch

Helping hands has really shown me what it is to have a caring and genuine employer. You are listened to by every single person in the company no matter what their job title and really feel heard. The customers are fantastic and there is an amazing support network throughout the branch - no carer/office divide, its lovely and a vast improvement on other similar companies. Helping hands offered me an amazing induction training day and then ongoing training throughout, if I ever feel like I need a refresher all I need to do is ask and additional training will be organised.

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, fun environment to work, excellent training.

Cons

Can be long hours (but you can say no).

1 September 2021
Good Morning, Thankyou so much for leaving such positive feedback :)

I feel part of a family here and never want to leave. The support and training is the best I have received in all my years in care. everyone is so approachable, and if they cant help then they will direct you to someone who can. The office team are great. They work well as a team and always give 100% to the carers when they need help or direction.

Jobs at Helping Hands

See more jobs

Highly recommended

Highest payed carers AND you get mileage. The office team look after the carers in the field, they really care about mental health. Out caring can be quite faced paced if you want it to be but also if you only want a few hours they can accommodate that too. Continuous training, online, in the office and in the field. Highly recommended this company.

1 September 2021
Hello, Thankyou for leaving such a positive review, we really appreciate it :)

Love it

I have worked for many care companies over the years, but Hdlping Hands have been the best. My team in Stroud have been so supportive and fun to work with and the management are so approachable. I quite often pop into the office for a coffee and a chat and even sometimes with my kids. They've helped me fit my work around my children, and as for the clients, they're lovely! Im not as stressed as I used to be in previous care work, I think if you have good management then it shows! I genuinely love my job and I think we've got something great going on at Helping Hands in Stroud.

1 September 2021
Good Morning, Thankyou for taking the time to leave such positive feedback!

Helping Hands is a great company to work for. The office environment is friendly and I have been made to feel welcome since I joined the business. There is always someone who is willing to help if you need it and the management team are very supportive.

Pros

Supportive environment

Amazing place to work

Great place to work everyone is extremely welcoming and friendly. The work is enjoyable and their offices are great.Management are very approachable.

Friendly and Supportive Workplace

I've been with the company for over 3 years and have always enjoyed working here! The staff are friendly and helpful and the management are supportive. The ethos of the company is kindness which I think is very rare and makes for a lovely workplace. Couldn't imagine working anywhere else!

30 July 2021
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this positive feedback, it's so great to hear that you love working here as much as we love having you :)

Professional and exceptional company to work for.

I was introduced to Helping Hands from a colleague, I worked for a care company previously but was looking for night work only and this company offered me night work immediately. I had the best, most in depth training, even though I had worked for over 8 years as a carer previously, I learned more in two days with Helping Hands than I did with the previous company. The staff and management were all very friendly and approachable, and most importantly they listened to any concerns I had and answered them amicably. I feel very fortunate to work for an amazing company, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a career in the care industry.

Pros

choice of days and times to work

Cons

can be long hours

15 July 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback!

Cardiff Branch

I’ve been with the company 4.5 years now and it has been a wonderful experience getting to know people I wouldn’t normally have met in my day to day life. The Cardiff team is extremely understanding about personal situations and are very accommodating with hours and days off. Being a single mother, the Cardiff branch fitted my rota around the school hours with flexible working weekends.They have competitive rates of pay and paid 28 days holiday with an added bonus of time and half bank holidays, Christmas is double pay!The Cardiff office team have all been carers of helping hands at one point so there is ample opportunities to grow within the business.

Helping Hands is the place to be!

I have worked at Helping Hands for several years now. By far the best care provider to work for! I have been given many fantastic opportunities to grow and develop my career. The business is always growing and expanding which means you don't need to wait for someone to leave before taking a step up the ladder as many new management roles are created to support the growth. I have a great director who allows me to bring ideas forward, develops my personal growth and allows autonomy with decisions within my team.

Pros

Good leadership, Career progression

Wonderful place to work

Joined in 2017 as a full time carer and thoroughly enjoyed the role. Found the support and encouragement from the office team excellent. Joined the office team in 2018 as a part time member and quickly became a full time employee. I have rarely experienced such a rewarding and supportive culture in any other workplace. Days can be very challenging but the culture of co -operation and support ensure that you never feel that you are handling things alone. Care team are very positive with a "can do" attitude and we are all very proud of what we achieve.Probably the most rewarding job I've had.

Very rewarding Job

I have worked at Helping Hands for just under 4 years and am very happy here. I am well supported by Management and work with amazing office staff and carers.

Poor support from management

I asked to be given temporary placements, eg covering other carers for holidays etc and was immediately given permanent positions. Loved the job and clients but support from management was poor, with messages to my line manager constantly being ignored.

Pros

Free accommodation, free meals

Cons

Long hours, poor salary, less than minimum wage for the hours I was expected to work.

24 June 2021
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. If you would like to confidentially send any further information over to reviews@helpinghands.co.uk I can investigate some of the points you raise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement
  • Helping Hands
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?