Helping Hands

Helping Hands Employee Reviews

I was very happy for the first 9 months then they dropped my hours from 50 a week to 12. Constantly recruiting new staff and taking hours from existing staff to cover them.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Long hours when available with very short drive time between jobs.
Similar to others experience, when I first started at Helping Hands Wolverhampton it was really good. Management team were supportive, good work home life balance and generally a really good place to work. Unfortunately with a new team in the office it’s completely different. Some try but can’t make up for the absolutely useless management. There’s no switching off from work now, always bombarded to pick up calls, rotas changed at the last minute, 5mins to make a half hour journey and then to top it off when new carers start all your work gets taken so they can have it. It is really disappointing to leave, but it is the best decision I’ve made.
Pros
Wonderful customers
Cons
Everything else
29 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry that your experience with us has not met our usual standards. I will pass your feedback over to the relevant manager to investigate. If you would like to discuss further please do email us at: Reviews@HelpingHands.co.uk
I really enjoyed my time with helping hands. The staff were lovely and professional, they were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of travelling but if you're ok with that then I believe you would not have any complaints.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Travelling
29 April 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review, I have passed your comments over to the team in Newcastle and they will be delighted!
Harlow branch was once a nice place to work. With new management rolling in, the total vibe of the job has changed. They use the fact that it’s a 0 hour contract against you and strip your hours away when you want and yet can just refuse to cover when you don’t want to do certain work, so it doesn’t work both ways. Always guilt tripping, constant emails/calls, you never feel away from work or out of work-mode. Considering people join care to be caring, doesn’t feel like a caring environment what so ever. So hurt and disappointed with the way I have been treated.
Pros
Customers are lovely people.
Cons
Management, bad hours, constant pressure and stress. Not worth it
29 April 2021
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, I am sorry that your experience with us hasn't met our usual standards. I will pass your feedback over to the team in London to investigate and if you would like to discuss the matter further please email us at: Reviews@HelpingHands.co.uk.
I enjoyed working at helping hands i worked 7 months always work over 40 hours until new staff start and then they cut your hours for the new staff and when they leave you get the hours back till the next staff start ? And when I left in February 2021 I'm still awaiting my p45 and my certificates I have rang and emailed at least 13 times and they just ignore you your just a number to them ?
Pros
If your face fits your ok there
Cons
Your just a number to them
I started at Helping Hands 3 years ago as a Live In Carer. I completed two Palliative Care placements before moving across to Hourly Care in Ferndown, Dorset. After three months as an Hourly Carer I was promoted to a Care Training Practitioner, the training and support for this role was outstanding and I was still able to support our customers in their homes. A further four months later I was again promoted, this time to Care Coordinator. My workplace is well managed and we pride ourselves on being Kind to each other, listening to our colleagues and supporting each other. The most enjoyable part of my job, is knowing that however difficult a day has been, I have helped make a Difference to so many customers and staff alike.
Pros
Working in a well established team, excellent on-line training and webinar support. A fun environment.
Cons
N/a
All the managers/supervisors and the other carers are very helpful. I feel privileged to be working with these guys.I definitely recommend Helping Hands as a place to work!
Pros
Everyone is very helpful
Cons
I don't drive to drive to my clients. My fault!
Good place to work if you're willing to communicate your wishes and needs to management. You set your own availablity and management work around you. Hours can be picked up easily, however these hours do fluctuate weekly, so bare that in mind when you have a busy week you may not be so lucky the following week.
Joined the company 2019 was a nice family run company. Now a corporate run business no longer able to give the red carpet treatment. No support from higher management. Pass the blame try to play one against the other. Not listen too. No training support for managers. Always changing the goal post. Overworked, stressful place off work. Poor feedback from compliments. Blame culture when you receive a complaint. Not listening to why you are struggling. Putting more and more work on managers.
Pros
Cons
Long days having to work after hours
Worst company everI applied for a care coodinater jobAt the new branchThey gave me the job straight awayWen I said I cant be on call all the time they decided to take a redecison and blame my refernce not coming back for me not getting the jobManger was not professional and blamed the area managerWould not recommend they will mess you about
Pros
Cons
Nothing good about it
No work life balance, not listened to, blame culture and constant threat of redundancy. Constantly promised change that never happens and constant work to fix the mistakes of upper management.
Pros
Remote working during COVID19
Cons
No job security
Dependent on client it can be repetitive, the hours are long sometimes 2 hours a day is not enough, 7 days a week working 14 or more hours. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having space for yourself.
Pros
Always plenty of work, nice clients, good training, travel expenses.
Cons
Long hours, not enough break at times, poor pay
Initially a great company to work for with a good manager and care coordinator. Sadly the management team changed and bullying crept in. If your face doesn’t fit here, you will be treated badly. No work life balance. My availability was ignored and I was made to feel guilty when I said I wasn’t available to do work. Even on my weekend off I would be guilted into working.
Pros
Decent company providing good care
Cons
Horrible management
The management give me all the tools and encouragement I need to do well in my job. I am very pleased with the thorough level of training that's provided, which helps me know that the workplace really values quality of care. Admittedly, I've started off with fewer hours than I expected when I applied for the role, but I've since learnt that it takes some time to build up regular customers, which is understandable. Also, whenever I have any questions or concerns, the management are very receptive and transparent, which helps my trust in the company. Overall, the workplace is friendly and the work itself is lovely.
I’ve worked in other companies where there are far too many managers. Helping hands has a “team work” ethic which I enjoy and all the managers give constructive feedback to improve oneself and give work accordingly. Overall good company.
This is the only company not worth recommending specifically Richmond branch. Their trainings are repeated (you'll do online and offline during recruitment, a waste of time)-i hated it, they will force you to finish online training at a given time to suit their interests even when their system says otherwise, especially if CQC is on the calendar, their rotas are never staple, you can have a client on your rota one minute and the next minute client is off, and they don't even let you know about the changes, very disrespectful and inconsiderate management, they think they have your life in their hands and there's nothing you can do about that. Management is discriminative-they've got favourite carers they give loads of hours and the least favourite go without hours just because they have no obligation to give you work. When they need you, they sound very nice and friendly-(watch out for that dear applicant). If you are looking for reasonable hours of work, Try other Richmond care companies because you wont get that here - don't waste your time going through the lengthy recruitment processes and training, its a waste of time-do these with other companies. bottom line, APPLY TO OTHER COMPANIES. to HH you can do better - just get the right management team, Achene is the best to keep as branch Manager am sure there will be surprising developmental progress.
Pros
maybe next time
Cons
No regard for workers
I enjoyed working with Helping Hands, I had a wide range of clients with different needs and focuses.The office is relaxed and approachable.Long days are the hardest part, you may only have 5 or 6 visits for the day but you could start and 6am and not finish until 10pm
Pros
Local clients
Cons
Client visits spread too far apart which meant long days.
Worked here for 12 months was really good when I first started but it didn’t take long for the company go down in my expectations. Decent pay however you only get 19p per mile and they send you to different areas and they can’t co ordinate, always going backwards and forwards. My days were 12 hours long but I only had 5 hours worth of work. Avoid this company they will get you into debt, promise you hours but can’t provide them. Sometimes sent me out for 2 morning calls and nothing else, 1.5 hours it’s a disgrace
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Long days as gaps in between calls
I enjoy working hear. It is real team work. management always there to support. Good pay and career progression. Flexible hours with alternative weekends.
Pros
Support
Too much work involved as a coordinator. New branch so had to hire carers and seek out private service users. No or very little support from management. Set targets that were impossible to reach. Too much bitchiness within the company, with branch manager trying to make herself look good with management and making up lies to make herself look good. Avoid company.
Pros
Free laptop, tablet and mobile phone.
Cons
Long stressful hours, work every day.
They used to be a great family run business but now its all about targets and growing the business with no care fir staff or customers.All senior managers are from corporate backgrounds with zero care experience-and that us apparent as they woukd replace you very quickly. Staff feel under valued.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
  1. Employee reviews