Helping Hands
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Helping Hands Management reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

Clear

turn over off staff off the scale, unrealistic unpaid waiting times.

great initial interview, unpaid 7 hours on site training , nice uniform, clients ok , different levels of care, excellent company for PPE, totally unrealistic travelling times, unpaid , waiting times between clients unpaid , some clients 30 miles apart must drive and have vehicle many are not informed of this at the 7 hour unpaid induction, turnover of staff off the scale due to these examples, eg out on the road 9 hours vs 4 hours pay! do not at all recommend.

Pros

uniform ppe experience excellent

Cons

long hours unpaid traveling times unpaid long waiting times huge staff turnover management support

Poorly Supported, stressful job

Helping Hands had the potential to be a good experience, but fails to meet the mark. The interview process and training week were actually excellent and initially I was really looking forward to the job. I made some good friends during the training, who I still talk to years later. I expressed interest when starting in live in care stints no longer than 2-3 weeks. I am young and went to England to be close to unwell family and good friends, so 2/3 weeks on, one off was my ideal. I got placed almost immediately but on arrival is is when I first noticed communication struggles. The family of the lady I cared for were expecting a more static carer- her previous was a much older lady with grown children of her own and as such was happy to work for several months running, without days off. Noting that you're not allowed to really make friends in the area you work, constant days for multiple weeks are really intense. Following this, I many times agreed to a 5/6 week run. The lady I cared for had quite advanced learning needs and didn't understand or would sometimes 'punish' me for taking breaks. I cannot fault my service users family- her sister was excellent and without her support and communication I certainly wouldn't have lasted a year. Helping Hands however were at fault as soon as the interview process was over. When starting a placement, contract requires you have a support visit the day of, I believe a week later and then every month following. The care manual at my placement was roughly a year out of date, so I actually rewrote mine with assistance from -

Cons

Infrequent Support visits

don't believe the adds they post.

Terrible company and completely unorganized company, I would stay away. Unprofessional managers ..... They have a bad reputation.Don't believe the adds they post.

Ayudando a ser un poquito mejor cada día

Trabajo en equipo ayudándose mutyamente unos A otros. Gran confianza depositada en los trabajadores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement