Her Majesty's Armed Forces

Her Majesty's Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Must give it a go. But if you are a ***** forget it.get to see the world do assortment of sports plenty of time to your self. Learn lot of new skills all for the future. Will get real job satisfaction and belive in qhat you are doing. Getting out of bed in the morning will not be a task any more as you have a purpose to life and a good career we're ay one can climb the ladder in fact you will be help along this path. Do it now now now now now
Pros
Best mates for life
Cons
Might die
If I could turn the clocks back I would do it all again if I had the chance . I would probably do things slightly different, but I would join up again. It is one big family even after you come out.
Pros
Job security and a career
Cons
Exercises
A very exciting and worthwhile experience. Lots of travelling. Very hard work at times.A very enjoyable experience. All kinds of sport is available to each and everyone.
Pros
You get to see the world
Cons
You are on standby to move 24-7.
I spent 24 years in HM Army, all of which were challenging but very rewarding. A decent pay and pension rate and very good annual leave entitlement.Very good care both to employee and the family. Varied work in areas all over the UK and the world.Great promotion opportunities can't training.
Pros
Training and pension
Cons
Periods on foreign deployment
- no two days were the same - training is the hardest, but then you go on operations... - it never ends - you go from human to glorified pack mule (I felt like) -suited to strong core strength and cardio masters not your heavy weight lifters - you are no longer a 'normal person' you are now privately owned by her majesty (and your superiors) you will become a 'PTE' (Private). - very good crack with the lads (a good laugh with your work colleagues - the best crack / laughs) - very very very difficult. Then you go on P COY and you learn what hard truly is... - when you get your maroon beret and wings, you feel like a super hero and it was all worth it. -you learn about respect and you will respect people more. - you develop an amazing sense of humour -you learn not to take things so seriously - you learn that those 'not so nice' problems you thought you had in your 'civvy life (thats you normal life) ' are nothing compared to the issues you will face. -character building-good team work development skills - I GRADUATED FROM normal human being to an elite... to now an old has been (currently out back to civvy life :-)
Pros
see above for all
Cons
you have no life anymore. Thats 'normal life'
I really enjoyed my 25 years in the British Army and wouldn't change it for anything. Gain lots of experience doing different courses. Get plenty of qualifications that are transferable into civi street
Pros
Cheap accommodation, friends for life, new skills to learn
Cons
Long hours at times, long spells away from home
Killing your brothers and sister's for money. What can I say? We need to start Loving eachother more. instead of killing one another Or there will be no one about to share our planet with. Unity in democracy (no dictated society ever prevailed)
Pros
Money
Cons
Death
Brilliant opportunity for young people. So many trades and experiences to achieve. Sport opportunity is phenomenal. Comradeship is second to none and for life.
As an ex soldier doing 22 years now suffering from mental health issues there is no support what so ever don't let them tell you there is also I get a monthly pension which is taxed absolutely ridiculous this should not happen 22 years of someone's life means nothing to the government after going on operational tours risking life and limb if you have nothing better to do then join up otherwise forget it
Pros
Cons
Poor wage poor after care
Working closely with others, this makes work seem not to be a chore but fun, making life long friends, and working as a team is what the Army is all about.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Her Majesty's Armed Forces?
if you are strong willed and willing to sacrifice huge parts of your life then you will go far, must be determined to complete as many courses as possible with the view of using these to gain an excellent civilian job in years to come.
Pros
cheap accommodation and friends for life
Cons
long periods of time away from home
Keeps you fit mentally and physically, a lot of interesting things to learn,when ordered to do something put your head down and do it,nothing is impossible, hardest part is the diceplin
Pros
Good food, everything you need to study
Cons
Long hours not much sleep
Enjoyed it, family orientated, teamwork is a must. Trust and initiative. Respectful, enjoyed the outdoor life. Everyday is a new task and someone always willing to help
1. Research the Royal Marines. 2. Train hard.. Then train harder. 3. Always be a team player be supportive. 4. Maintain the highest levels of integrity at all times. 5. Maintain a strong sense of humour and moral courage.
Pros
Variety of specialisations.
Cons
Op Tempo... Being away from home for prolonged periods.
When working in this company you can develop a lot of skills ie. Leadership, integrity, loyalty ,respect for others and many more. As driver by trade I did enjoy it especially when you go on exercise where you have to drive from one point of the country in convoy to the other. My time being a soldier i love it.
After working at her majesties Armed Forces especially in the British Army was stressful at times but I learnt a lot of life lessons and so will anyone that will encourage themselves to apply to the daily life and work ethics.
Pros
Travelling the world and seeing different places
Cons
Not always available to attend family gatherings et cetera
Turned upto work to sit in an office all day and do nothing, we would then move equipment from one place to another multiple times a day for no reason and then finish.
Joined up on a whim, 26 years and 13 postings around the globe and I can honestly say I had a great career. I really made the most of every opportunity that came my way and left with many fantastic memories.
Pros
Opportunities, camaraderie, travel, training, salary
Cons
Away from family and friends, re-locating often
I enjoyed the physical part of the job but what I hated is people claiming ownership of someone else's work and discrimination the work was easy anyone can do it I liked the discipline
Sure you can earn more in civvi street, But the armed forces helps you grow as an individual and will train you for all aspects of the job,you will become fit as a professional athlete and have the opportunity for overseas travel ok sure some of the places you see wont be exotic lol but hey it's all free and you get paid for it. You will also make friends for life. A great experience
great job opportunities and work place. lots of sports to participate in, learn new skills and work under different levels of management. get new qualifications.