Herrco Cosmetics

Herrco Cosmetics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom47 reviews

cosmeticgrowingfriendlyteamlongyearstafffree

Excellent working conditions, supportive junior & senior production management.

A typical day at work involves packing a wide range of cosmetic products, in differing formats as required.A production role is not for everyone but if you are happy to "pull your weight" there are many opportunities to progress within the company.The junior and senior production managers are excellent and in my experience, fully supportive.I work in a great team so I would say this is the most enjoyable part of the job.The hardest part of job is having to stand for long periods and the lack of job rotation, which could be improved.

Pros

Free hot drinks, great colleagues, supportive productive management, occasional company activities.

Cons

Lack of job rotation, standing for long periods

Do not go there

If you scroll down past the fantastic reviews Herrco Management have given, in what looks like an effort to drive down the bad reviews, you will get to the reality of working there. Senior management do not care how they treat you. You are just part of their business and when you are no longer any use watch out you will just be disposed of. Yes you will get paid well, but your self confidence will be shattered you will be belittled and beaten down verbally whenever you dare to raise anything that senior management disagree with. If you value your sanity don’t go there.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Draconian management

Insights into Herrco Cosmetics

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks

Fast paced but exciting, never a dull day

Rapidly expanding cosmetics manufacturing company, with a high level of investment in facilities, machinery and people. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, where no day can be called boring, then this is the place for you. Spotlessly clean factory, newly refurbished offices and laboratories and the place smells amazing all day long!!! Great teamwork and you get to work on some amazing projects with some great people, always new products being developed or new machinery arriving, never a dull moment.

Pros

Great working environment and great people

Cons

Find a job that you love and it will never feel like work !

Herrco is a fantastic company to work for. We have a brilliant team and culture and all work well together to help us make super products for our customers.They really support me in my professional and personal development allowing me to lead my team.We have great career opportunities and job security, with great leadership.There are so many people who have enjoyed promotions and worked there way up various levels quickly , simply by putting the work in and making Sh1t happen ! Herrco is fast paced and fun , lots of out of work stuff and monthly team bonding events and a genuine great culture of let’s be the best at what we do !

Pros

Culture, opportunity, rewards

Cons

The factory smells so nice I don’t want to go home 🤗

Exactly what I love to work

One of my best 5 years. I was given a chance by the company and I didn't allow myself to miss it! I started as an assistant and now I am a senior. Anyone who is organized, sufficiently motivated and aiming for development in the future will be noticed, appreciated and supported by Herko's management. There are days when it is very busy and those when it is calm, and the company offers you various entertainments, food and competitions . Many people, after leaving and then looking for ways to return. It's not like in other companies and you are not just a number, but a person whom everyone is ready to help if you need!

Pros

Free drinks

Innovative and challenging workplace

It's amazing to be part of Herrcos' family, who invested, supported and rewarded my team's progress along with my career. Herrco has grown enormously in the last couple of years and became one of the best work places in Suffolk. If you want to learn and progress in your career, have passion for Cosmetics, you must have a look on our renewed website!

Pros

High quality standards, innovative Company with funny and tasty monthly events

Cons

Challenging and fast paced environment

Fast paced and exciting place to work. A growing organisation

Herrco Cosmetics has evolved and grown considerably over the recent years. This is a fantastic innovative company, always moving forward. There are progression opportunities for staff who are hard working and have a can do attitude. The working environment is really impressive, clean, friendly, smells great 😀 and the radio is playing music within the production hall to keep everyone relaxed. If you’re able to handle a fast pace environment and want to be part of a growing innovative company then this is the place for you. Would highly recommend

Pros

Progression opportunities. Friendly staff. Monthly food events. Weekly fitness sessions.

Cons

Absolutely LOVE it at Herrco - Positive Vibes!

It's fast paced and demanding, so you'll need to be able to plan your work well. With a positive and can-do attitude, you'll be able to grow your role as there's been many internal promotions. Those in management are all really nice and welcoming, quickly making you feel a part of the Herrco family. Highlights: monthly scrumptious food events + free fitness classes twice a week too (good combo!!). A newly renovated building, providing a very comfortable and vibrant workspace, with outdoor seating area to take breaks at when the sun's out.If you're passionate about what you do and are driven, this is the place for you! It's certainly been the perfect place for me <3

Pros

Friendly management, Acknowledgment and recognition of work well done, Ability to grow your role if you're initiated, Monthly food events, Free fitness classes twice a week, Newly renovated building, Positive vibes as colleagues genuinely all like each other and work well together

Excellent place to work!

I have been at Herrco for 7 months and it has been incredible. You have to be prepared to work hard, but if you are, it is the most rewarding place to be. I have never been with a company who looks after you the way Herrco does, and goes out of its way to show you it genuinely appreciates the work you do. It's innovative, forward thinking, passionate and is an outstanding company to work for.

Fast paced and an exciting place to work

The work at Herrco is fast paced and exciting. You will have some days that are harder than others but it's the same as any job, anywhere. It's a great place to grow your career. In 2 years I worked my way up from an assistant to a manager. The offices have all been renovated and is a really nice environment to work in. The biggest pro for me at Herrco are the people - they really make it - its a big family. We all work together to achieve the best. We work with some really exciting global brands that you would have no idea are manufactured in little old Halesworth. The pay is really good in comparison with other companies in the area and sector. Herrco also does a lot in the way of monthly events etc. Also close at Xmas so we always have a long break. In the offices we also work on Flexitime which is a massive pro.

Pros

Flexitime / Monthly events / Good Pay / Extra holiday day for birthday / Christmas Break

Successful growing company

I have been there for a few years now and it’s a very good place to work. The senior management team is approachable, professional and good to work with. If you are a hard worker who is looking to progress then I would have no hesitation in recommending Herrco Cosmetics as the next step in your career.

Pros

Staff engagement, good camaraderie amongst staff

Cons

Can be long hours

Place where to grow.

I been with company multiple years. Ideal place for hard workers and people who looking to reach something in their life’s. Company support different type learning/ training to ensure employee has better knowledge of the job. I have seen multiple people growing from agency worker from the lines to supervisors, machines technicians, engineers, account managers, department directors etc. Hard work and extra steps always pays back.

Pros

Work hard and it pays back.

Cons

Need more employees

If there is a desire to work and achieve something then this job is for you.Great team, understanding and approach from the management, great working conditions.Great career opportunities, very good and flexible salary.I have been working in this company for a year and I am very satisfied, because it is a pleasure to work in a company where your work is appreciated.

Demanding but rewarding-ahead of the curve.

I’ve been here for over 3 years, the work environment is most definitely Fast paced however this does come with great job satisfaction, feeling part of a team/family. We are a growing business, continuously evolving to be ahead of the curve. The building/property has been refurbished to a high spec and is continually being developed and machinery upgraded. The business as a whole is friendly, with a can do attitude. I can personally vouch that management of COVID19 is being handled exceptionally well, working within government guidelines and alongside NHS testing and trace systems. Staff have ample and all relevant PPE, throughly the past year ensuring both staff and customer/consumer safety at all times.

Pros

Team events, monthly moral days, hamper, free covid testing, new work spaces

Great place where to work

Been working for Herrco two years. Wasn’t huge company but in this time seen how businesses is growing. Great team in every department. Never been let down by SMT. Each month we have food events. Pay increases been reviewed regularly. The best place where to work.

Office administration

The job is tough like all work but REALLY rewarding. Yes there are days where it’s harder then usual but this is to be expected anywhere. Payed on time, other benefits such as staff workouts, closed for Christmas (Christmas with the family GUARANTEED!) moral boosting company days and they think about the small things like hampers, monthly events and recently a welfare box. I’ve felt fully protected during COVID, plenty of PPE and regular tests. The business is growing and the sense of team and family makes you want to grow with it. They will do all they can to support personal development. Thumbs up from me!

Pros

Monthly moral boosting events, free teas and coffee and SWEETS!!

Lovely team to work with and nice environment!

I highly recommended Herrco cosmetics to anyone who likes to develop new skills and build a career.Amazing staff willing to help! I worked at Herrco for almost 2 years and I really enjoyed to be part of a great team.

Pros

Good salary

Not a good work place

Mangers treat you horribly so do the supervisors and so does the rest of thr team in the warehouse. They will not let you do your work they will give you more jobs let alone that you haven't even started the one your on because they keep messing you about

Slave camp

If you want to be treated like a worthless human being ( unless you are in the favourite Inner circle) then this is the place to be. Constant moaning behind your back and no progression.. management couldn’t even organise a stag party in a brewery. To top it off the owner is a massive child who throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn’t get what he wants.. AVOID AT ALL COST IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMON SENSE

Friendly team

Good friendly people to work for. nice environment and lots of team building activities each month. I have enjoyed working here, it has a good multi cultural mix of people and supports the staff well.

Pros

Pays well

Hellco

If your face fits, you'll be ok for about a year. If not, won't last after their probation period. MD has some severe mood swings, where shouting and the belittling of all staff regardless of position is the norm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herrco Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement