Hexagon Care Services
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Hexagon Care Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews

Decent enough as there are worse out there. Working with the kids and if your lucky to have a good team mate its a good gig

I enjoyed it.Challenging but a place to experience the intensity of young peopleVaring backgrounds Managers hard to get on with if you dont do what they want as in additional hours etc but fine if you do

Pros

Free food and parking

Cons

Long 2 days

Good team

My manager and the team was great and helpful. It was a pleasure to work with them. You able to plan ahead, because of the rotation rota. Head office not helpful expecially at payroll apartment, rude women.

Pros

Good team, brilliant manager

Cons

Rude people at head office, poor salary

Good workplace

Good company to work for. The training is on point, top marks. It’s a tough job, but you do have some staff you can talk to when your struggling. The hours are ok, they can be long. Policies and procedures are always followed. Shift debriefs are always done as well so that’s brilliant. Sometimes there can be a lot of gossip and people making things up, you get that anywhere. I valued my job and I miss it. But I didn’t see myself able to grow within the company.

Pros

Young people, activities, making a difference.

Cons

Long hours sometimes. Gossip.

Avoid

The industry is in need of resilient people who want to basically become a resident to live along side the children. As their is literally no staff.Training is average, management is shocking, promotion is easy as no one apples for the jobs. The service users have probably been passed from pillar to post. And if you have a heart you take all their problems home. The homes are run down bodged up properties.

Pros

Free food if you like processed, limited food.

Cons

Long hours, hard to reach damaged service users.

Let down

Worked for a number of years for them and felt that I gave them my all, however when it came to the crunch did not feel supported. It is a difficult job, and it really takes the whole house team as well as higher above that in order to make things work in a supportive way; but if this is not present then, sadly, I felt, it became a blame game

Pros

good training

Cons

lack of support and a bit of a blame culture

Avoid company!!!

Awful place to work. Company only cares about the money and not the children. Management in a click and staff treated poorly. Children not being supporter to succeed in life after care just promised unrealistic things and have money thrown at them to stop bad behaviour. Staff are protected by having family members as management so whistle blowing goes out the window and nothing ever comes of it. Staff are speak about subjects that shouldn't be spoken about around children. Kids are called every name under the sun. Big staff turnover all the time because of this as you're bullied into leaving if you don't go along with their ways. Needs closing down.

Pros

Home time

Cons

Supportive and geat place to work

I worked in a.place in Salford and worked.with some great staff and supportive management. Management helped.myself with my future career as I was able to complete.my level 5. Great staff and management overall.Alan Curran

Pros

Always responsive and good work life balance

Training is excellent

Worked in same field for years. Training provided is the best I've seen. Career advancement is achievable. Training is free. Opportunity to do Level 3 Children and young people diploma.

Pros

24 hour shifts

Cons

Often up for 24 hours due to Children having difficulty sleeping or misbehaving

Poor company

Company do not support staff do not care if you havnt has sleep in days and are rude. Company only care about senior management and no lower. Children rule the house

Cons

Great management who care about their staff

Hexagon has been a great place to work.They look after and listen to staff. I work in a residential 2 bed childrens home. The work can be challenging with the YPs behaviour but the management and clinical team work together to offer the support and guidance to staff that is needed to enable them to support the young people.The home take a therapeutic approach for the young people and the focus really is on the care provided to the young people and decisions are made based on what is best for them which is great to see.The hours are long at 15.5 hours but that is counter acted with the number of days you get off I work 10 days a month have 20 days off.

Pros

Great management, child focus approach, good work life balance with 1 on 2 off rotation.

Cons

not the best pay in the sector, a lot of sleeps 10 sleeps per month

Wouldn’t work for these again won’t say why on here

If your face fits you’ll go far if you “lookout for the young people and speak your mind” as management you get fired don’t like people who are outspoken

Pros

Keep your head down you’ll be fine depending which cluster your in

Cons

No support

bullying culture

Management are like a tag team and will gang up on individuals who are not conforming to the way they want.Favouritism is obvious with the young people and senior staff are lazy and unwashed.Food is minimal and usually catered for management.No halal food on menu or vegetarian dishes.Any complaints are swept under the carpet no empathy money focused instantly.Grieven

fun team to work for

very good training good set of young people been on lots of training where I finished my nvq level 3 . very long hours and can be stress full on shift good team behind you which makes the day go quick

Pros

good team work

Cons

long shifts

Encouraging and supportive place to learn and develop.

It is clear that as a company Hexagon Care really do genuinely care about the young people they look after. Residential care is not a easy job, but upward management do their best to support all their staff. I have never been manipulated to work overtime, which can happen in companies like these, although overtime is often available. The initial training package is very thorough which is great for inexperienced/new staff. I.T. department a little stuck in the dark ages, more recording should maybe be electronic by now. Fair wages, great staff team, everyday is different with young people around.

Not a nice place to work

Overall experience wasn’t positive, lots of gossip between staff and management. I did get experience with working with the children in this setting, but didn’t feel supported.

Fantastic company

I would recommend working for hexagon care. You are valued as a team member and supported by management and colleagues alike. The pay is good and the working conditions are great. It does need to be the kind of work that you want to do though.

Excellent Home from Home work place.

You're here to learn about the children you're looking after and to best support their needs on a daily basis. The role is not for the faint-hearted as you need to be headstrong to cope with the dynamics and ever-changing pace of the day which is never the same. You have to be consistent with workflow and most importantly with the care you deliver to the children here as it's important for their own personal growth and stability. The home is lovely and the support is second to none. All the children have complex needs and you do need to be up to date with care plans and procedures but full training is given. The home's manager's and staff go above and beyond at providing the best level of care and exceptional safeguarding throughout to vulnerable children and young people. If you're looking to become and social worker - Work here first. Highly recommend working here.

Pros

Holiday time, good shift patterns, team building, training, support, career development.

Cons

Long hours but important as children need to know your there.

A company with the outcomes for young people at the centre of all it does

I have worked for this company for a number of years, whilst I can say there have been some errors made along the way the company learns from these and is continuously developing in order to provide a top quality service. This is a competitive industry and I feel they offer a good package to their staff. The training provided is in my view second to none. Their is a culture of childcare from the very top of the company and this filters through at every level - I have found senior management supportive, they are not just a bums on beds company - they match into their homes and management are supported to ensure they try their best to get this right. With regards to progression, mentioned by some on here - for every RSW/senior staff team there is only one manager so progression cannot be there all the time for everyone! But, if you want it and are prepared to work and wait for the right opportunity it's a company I would strongly recommend.

Good

A good company to work for with lots of high quality training carried out. Competitive salary and support from management. Also lots of online training which can be done at work.

Absolutely atrocious avoid like the plague

Having worked for the company for 3 years i can honestly say i felt used and betrayed once i had left. Management only want to hear from you if it interests them as they like to tick boxes and keep upper management happy. No supervisions in 4 months working shifts are over 48 hours on occasions! Yes 48 hours as you sleep at the location you work without going home. This company will make you ill and make you sacrifice your home life for there own profits

Not what I expected

At the beginning I felt the Homes Manager came across very supportive. Unfortunately I was wrong, stabbed in the back extremely poor management hasn’t a clue about her position. Very clear it’s all about ticking boxes for her own benefit, lack of support provided to the staff team. The current staff team have extremely poor practice and knowledge of putting the needs of the children first.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hexagon Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement