Heygates Ltd

Heygates Ltd Employee Reviews

The position has no possibility of progressing, work goes from easy to impossible in an instant with break downs. Management style in my opinion is none fuctional.
Desde o primeiro dia que foi um trabalho agradavel de Fazer e todos os companheiros ou colegas foram muito amigos.Um prazer trabalhar Nesta empresa.
Pros
Trabalhar 12 em 12 horas
Cons
NĂŁo tenho
Poor management , poor working environment, hot , loud and poor air quality . Was a relief to end the shift. No chance of advancement and a culture of you scratch my back......
Heygates is a well-known company in the flour trade and bakery trade.its a family run business and the family respect there employees.company has been trading for over 100 years,so they k now what there talking about in the milling sector.
Job ad says 37 to 42k with o/t, complete fabrication. Working 15hrs a day 6 days every other week the most I could earn was 30k, there are a couple of drivers on 35k+ but they are the top drivers, wages paid on basic +tonnage bonus instead of overtime, 90% on basic pay, start 6am waiting till 12 for load then expect you to do 15hr day from then... transport manager hasn't got a clue or give a sh....
Totally rubbish company to work for if the transport manager was any good he would be dangerous cannot run transport always on the drivers case for the slightest little thing could not arrange transport business lack off locations and don't even have a hgv license
Do not work here . Long hours for low pay . Handball can be at least 5 tonnes per day No respect from management . Vehicles dirty and worn out with poor maintenance
The job is fairly easy and straightforward! But made complicated by management who can't plan. The transport and distribution manager is unable to communicate with people. The units and trailers are to be fair well past there best! New units do arrive but not really specked appropriately for the jobs. Dont even try and work out the pay/bonus system, it is pure madness.
Pros
Could be an easy job
Cons
Management. Trailers
most of your job, you do not have time for yourself, you always have to wait for it to be loaded, it takes 3-4h, after you have to go order, another 10h, the pause you do not have time to eat, you do not have time for nothing!
Pros
No way
hard work but rewarding job stability good pay , paid weekly , good working relationship with the management team , annual pay rise, good holidays don't work bank holidays
Pros
weekly pay good hoildays
The company as a whole is well respected and although not much in employee values they do pay good However the site manager based in Downham is Selfless and has no skills in man management whatsoever - He has employed his whole family to work there and not given any chance to any one else wanting to work there.
Pros
Good Wage
Cons
Site Manager at Downham Market
I worked at Heygates part time whilst I was studying at college to earn some money. The people I worked with provided a great working environment. I thoroughly enjoyed this job.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fun
Started this job interview went well.. alright money but you have to work at least 14 hours a day.. the job itself is hard work given a drivers mate but still awful work. Trailers ALL need replacing and units are all worn and dirty LIKE really dirty. Some of the drivers are rude and don’t make you feel welcome couldn’t wait to leave this job! Worst job I’ve EVER had.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unit and trailers always faulty
Words do not describe working for Heygates. Salary is a stab in the dark and that will be max hours every day every week. Every drop you have to use break well tipping if you don’t your doing a night out and you will never catch up so will end up staying out all week! They will tell you no nights out in the interview . They don’t pay parking but expect you to use services at your own cost! Trucks and trailers are all old and cabs stink with enough dust on the bunk to grow there own wheat.
Pros
Free food from bakeries
Cons
Everything apart from the free food.
Rubbish management at Downham, got absolutely zero man management skills, they want to be 24/7 but very rarely answer the phones to you out of hours. Quality firm that’s got no respect for drivers, take air con units out of cabs so sweat your socks off, moan and give you warnings for wearing shorts, and generally just show no respect at all.
Pros
Moneys ok
Cons
Loads
A factory that makes and packs flour. Many different jobs from production, packing, cleaning and transportation. A round the clock operation than requires 14 hour staffing.
work on initive.mechine repairs.quality control.check results. reliability.socialble.fast.multi tasking.short staffed. staff turnover .
Pros
local
Cons
job load
Because in the food enviroment, everything was always being cleaned due to the health inspectors. I learnt to be proactive and prioritise workloads depending on the day. My job was spend alot of time working on my own, cleaning and checking the mill I was assigned to. When I was in the packing hall I got on very well with the team and thrived to hit the daily packing targets set by the managment team. The hardest part of the job was the hot enviroment. The most enojoyable part of the job was knowing that we hit the targets set
Early starts. Late finishes. Heavy physical work. Working as a two man team. I enjoyed every part of the job.
Pros
Enjoyable job