Hft logo
Hft

Hft Employee Reviews

Positives and negatives

Working with the people I supported and a brilliant staff team was lovely. Pay could be better but there is a chance of overtime. For now I would not recommend hft ironbridge due to one or two managers. No support during covid if you have children from managers. I really hope that hft improves as the people I supported were brilliant and staff went the extra mile.

Pros

Staff team/ pws

Cons

MANAGERS and pay

Toxic

Nice people at work but work related culture can destroy positiveness . Management create the attitude of unhealthy competition, which unfortunately influence people we support.

Pros

Flexi

Cons

Very long hours, lack of team work

24 June 2021
Thanks for leaving Hft a review, but sorry to see that you wouldn't recommend us as an employer. If you'd be willing, please do give our HR dept a call to let us know more, as we'd very much like to find out more about your experience, and in particular, the behaviour you've mentioned above. The team can be contacted on 0117 906 1700.

Avoid at all costs

A terrible company who's senior management lie, fail to support their sites or back up their workers to provide the services customers deserve and will throw you under the bus given half a chance to wash their hands if anything that goes wrong, particularly when they know it's their fault.That sums up my experience, the experience of others may vary but I highly doubt it

Pros

The people you support

Cons

Everything else

28 May 2021
Thank you for leaving a review, though sorry to hear that your experience of working at our Wiltshire-based service has not been a positive one. Please could I encourage you to contact our HR department on 0117 906 1700 – this can be done anonymously if you prefer – so that we can find out more, including what we can do to improve? We’d really value your feedback. Hope to hear from you soon.

I love working for Hft

I have been with Hft Leeds for almost 10 years and I love every minute! I started off as an inexperienced relief support worker back in 2011 and then quickly picked up contracted hours with them. I have received the most amazing training and have completed my NVQ2 and NVQ3 and have recently chosen to complete my NVQ5 in health and social care. Everyone from fellow support workers- to seniors - to managers are so supportive. I cannot recommend a role at Hft enough - so please come and join us :)

Pros

Supportive colleagues, fantastic training and learning opportunities

Cons

None!

28 May 2021
Thanks so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see how you've progressed in your role, and it sounds as though Hft is lucky to have you on board!

Absolutely terrible

A very hostile workplace indeed. Absolutely no correlation between the values espoused by the company and what is put into practice.I had a disability and mentioned I had one and got treated as a problem to be expunged as quickly as possible.Mocked for not learning "anything", despite learning many things on the job, including routinely completing the never-ending pile of ironing that no-one seemed to sort out and which most people seemed to be happy to dress service users in.Always did my research before training sessions and did well and went above-and-beyond, and was treated with contempt for doing so by other colleagues, many of whom seemed to have minimal education.False rumours spread about me, by people who sat around most of the time, lazily doing absolutely nothing.Service users packed together like animals in small spaces with one worker making the same dinner for 5 or more people, all of whom had varying needs and should have essentially had tailored meals.The 'cluster manager' was utterly clueless and repeated some nonsense, small-minded chatter from the other, uneducated workers in my review as if it had any basis in reality.Incredibly high staff turnover with the occasional, lingering, good-for-nothing, accumulating minimum wage for essentially doing very little.A good example of "if your face fits, you will get on" culture.Just poor all-around, really.

28 May 2021
Thanks for leaving a review, but we're concerned by the issues you've raised. Please could we encourage you to give our HR department a call at Central Support to let us know more about your experience. The number to use is 0117 906 1700. Please do call.

Wonderful company

I loved my job! I loved how passionate the company were about their staff, supported people & training. People were genuinely cared about & invested in.

28 May 2021
Firstly, thanks very much for the review - we really appreciate you taking the time to leave one. But secondly, really glad to hear that you enjoyed working for us, and that you felt the people you worked with received great care and support. It sounds like we've lost a valuable member of the team!

Each day is different great team to work with

I love supporting the PWS, to live fulfilling and independent lives.No two days are the same. Training is very good. There are opportunities for progression with in the company. Our manager is brilliant and very supportive, she makes you feel valued and is very approachable As a team we support each other which is essential for a happy team.Hft is a good company to work for.

Pros

People we support, training, feeling valued

A great career.

I have been with Hft now for 2 years and have never looked back.I finished university and wanted to change my line of work. There have been lots of opportunities with the company and lots of chance to prove myself and skills.The support they provide to communities and individuals is outstanding and their approach is rightly person centred.

Pros

Progression, Opportunities and Relaxed.

Good company to work for and with

Hft values the people they support as well as their staff, support from management is available as needed, workload will vary depending on role , training is of good quality and well structured, working in partnership is encouraged at all times . Overall a good company to work for in my experience with opportunities for progression, experience new job roles as they offer a variety of services to adults with additional needs and support them to lead fulfilling and independent lives.

Pros

Training, development, oportunities to stay in touch with colegues

Great!

I work for HFT currently, I have never been so supported in a job as I am here, manger and seniors are fair and value their support staff.They really do put the service users needs first, I am very happy with how our service users are supported.Training fantastic especially the one for autism.I have been in my role for nearly two and a half years and certainly plan on staying many more years.

Pros

The service users, training, great team.

Cons

Pay

Jobs at Hft

See more jobs

Great Company To Be a Part Of!

I have been with the company for a few years now and I have to say the support staff are amazing and I am so very glad to be a part of team in Lancashire. The managers are fantastic and very approachable and they give 110% in what ever they do.Before working at HFT I merely had a handful of qualifications and now I attained my NVQ's and was supported throughout.Working with the PWS is so rewarding I love my job and I love being part of a team that endeavour to make sure all of the PWS are happy!

Pros

Job Satisfaction

Cons

There are None!

I Have enjoyed working for HFT, being a S/W isn’t only about creating opportunities for the PWS it’s about having plenty of opportunities to learn and grow yourself. It isn’t always the easiest of jobs, but always rewarding. The hourly pay rate could be improved. Pleasant staff to work with and supporting management especially during the pandemic, we get regular updates and guidelines to follow for the staffs safety and the safety of the PWS. Not forgetting their families. We have conference calls, Skype for business and team meetings via zoom to keep us connected. Overall a great charity to work for.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Excellent company to work for

I have worked for Hft Lancashire for 12 years i have done the role of support worker for 11 years and the past year i have worked in the office in both roles i have had full support from management and staff i have had the best years of my career working for hft .

Pros

Flexibilty

28 January 2021
Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear that you've enjoyed the past 12 years as part of #TeamHft, and that you've felt fully supported in your role.

Excellent company, good prospects of progression

I have worked for the company for nearly a decade, by far the best job I've had. Loved working with the people we support and seeing them progress and help them to learn valuable life skills. The company helped me progress from a SW to a senior support worker and finally a Registered Cluster Manager. During my time I have always felt valued by my manager. During my time in various roles the management team have always been excellent at responding to any complaints or whistleblowing that has been made. The work the support staff have shown during this difficult Covid times has been amazing, the company wouldn't run without the amazing work the staff do. All in all an excellent company to work for.

Pros

The people we support, excellent support staff and Good Job Prospects

28 January 2021
Thanks so much for the review - it's great to hear that you get such job satisfaction. It's also good that you've felt valued in your role and supported to progress in your training and development. It sounds like we're lucky to have you on the team.

Support worker

I have worked for this company for a number of years now,when i first started you got paid an overtime rate for any extra hours you worked,this has now ceased,you also got a higher rate of pay or paid a shift allowance for working the night shift,this has also ceased,you do not get paid double time for working over the christmas period but are expected to work it as you can not use your annual leave over the xmas period,some of the management are very arrogant and not really approachable and make you feel undervalued.on the plus side the service users and the support staff on the whole make going to work a pleasure.

Pros

Great support team

Cons

Long shifts, rates of pay, not appreciated or recognised for the support you give.

13 January 2021
Thanks for leaving us a review, and glad to hear that you enjoy the work, and supporting people with learning disabilities. Sorry to hear that you wouldn’t rate working at Hft higher though. We do pay competitive rates for our sector and regularly monitor local market information to help ensure we continue to be as competitive as we can – and we’re also campaigning for the sector to be better funded, as we do believe that people working in social care deserve to be paid well for the valuable work they do. If there’s anything you’d like to add to your feedback, please do contact our HR dept in Bristol to let the team know more. You can contact them on 0117 906 1700. Hope to hear from you.

Unless your friends with the Regional Manager at Hft Lancashire Avoid at all cost.

No hope of advancement unless you are friends with the Regional Manager at Lancashire, currently as three of is close friends as Cluster Managers. No transparency with families although they actively encourage this in Hft booklets and with online information for families. Whilst I was there no interviews for Team Leaders, the job just went to whoever was friends with the manager. In a Team Meeting we were threatened by the Manager if we spoke or give information to the family we would face disciplinary action. Absolutely no man management skills from management, as long as the shifts are covered they couldn't give a monkeys. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST.

Pros

People we support

Cons

Bad management, Higher management need to spend a lot more time on the coal face, so out of touch with what goes on and to quick to judge.

23 November 2020
Sorry to hear that you would not recommend Hft as an employer. I would like to assure that you we do follow a robust application, assessment and interview process when filling permanent job positions, including in our Lancashire region. We’ve also committed to working in partnership with the families and close friends of the people we support, following a process based on mutual respect, good communication, trust and shared goals – we believe this provides the foundation needed for the creation of a strong and positive relationship, and helps ensure that we’re able to provide the best possible support.Please could I encourage you to contact the HR department at our central support office in Bristol to let us know more about your feedback. You can do so anonymously if you prefer. The team can be contacted on 0117 906 1700.

Poor company to work for.

Management do not listen,they are bullies,and incompetent,all yes men,and women,super egos.Support staff,are mainly good to work with,but the management will lie to you,and mess you about,they are never straight with you!!Give this organisation a wide berth,avoid at all costs!!

Pros

Support staff good, to work with.

Cons

Management bullies, rude, do not listen, incompetent.

23 November 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, but sorry to hear that you are not happy with the management in your service. Please could I encourage you to contact our HR department at our central support office in Bristol to let us know more about your feedback. You can do so anonymously, and your comments would be taken seriously. The team can be contacted on 0117 906 1700.

A nice surprise

I am new to care and had mixed reviews about HFT. I was made redundant during Covid and thought I would try something new. I was made to feel very welcome straight away, company invested lots of training and time to help me and now I love my job, I couldn’t imagine doing anything else now, I have a purpose to help others and that makes me happy. I feel supported and we work as a team in the homes. I can tell we’re all on the same pare every one generally cares about the residents. Management all seem friendly and nice , I see the seniors more as they work in the homes with us. I do feel that if I Eva had a problem I could approach my seniors or my manager for support or advice. I would recommend HFT as I feel happy here and they have invested in me age my future. Lots of opportunities to progress and everyone is nice. Best move I made, I guess your never too old for a career change :)

Pros

Career Progression, friendly, happy

Cons

Covid

18 December 2020
Thanks so much for leaving us a review - it's really great to hear that you've settled in, and that you're pleased with your new career as part of #TeamHft. It sounds like we're lucky to have you on board :)

Good company

Not the best paying company but people are nice. Staff are approachable and very helpful. Management keeps you updated and will guide you. They followed the rules especially now during the pandemic. They are very reliable.

20 October 2020
Glad to see that you're happy working for Hft, and thank you for leaving us a review.

Great career opportunties

Hft has great career opportunities for growth in the company with clear development plans that can be developed with your line management. I learn something new from colleagues every day and feel like I am always developing. The hardest part of the job is the amount of work and having to teach myself to say no, and knowing my own limitations to strike a work/ life balance (but that is the case with most workplaces). The best part of the job is the diversity of activities (no day is the same), opportunities and the enjoyment of working with people. Working for Hft makes me feel like I am making a difference and the work that I do is valued. The team I work with are very supportive and seeing people we support change and develop is really rewarding.

Pros

Diversity of work and the development plans.

Cons

Below average salary (but that is social care, so not entirely Hft's doing).

9 October 2020
Thanks so much for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you're enjoying developing in your career with Hft, and that you value the variety of the role. And especially glad to hear that you feel you are making a positive difference in the lives of the people we support - it sounds like we're lucky to have you as part of #TeamHft!

Forward thinking environment which encourages self development and innovation

As an area manager I am encouraged to work in a dynamic and innovative way to create a better working environment for the staff team. I am also given the freedom to put my own mark on the specialist projects I am responsible for. This autonomy allows me to work in a creative way which means I have the flexibility to do things differently which In turn benefits the people we support. The regional manager creates a positive environment for his managers to encourage them to reach their own full potential. Bradford has a can do positive culture.We are about to embark on a large service transformation project. Moving away from traditional day services to an inclusive community led support model. This is a really exciting project to lead and it shows Bradford Hft are ahead of the curve compared to other more traditional health and social care providers.

Pros

Positive culture, autonomy given to express creative ideas and change

Cons

More funding needed for health and social care

18 December 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that you have the freedom to be creative in the way you provide support - which in turn ensures better outcomes for the people we support in your area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement