Hill Dickinson LLP

Hill Dickinson LLP Employee Reviews

Not a bad company to work for

Hill Dickinson is an good company to work for, the pay is not the best, my role in another firm will pay up to 4/5k more , to keep staff they need to pay hard working staff what they are worth

Stressful, secretive environment

Management at interview offer a process of advancement and took the role on that basis. Despite meeting all targets this is very much a “Jobs for the boys” culture and of your in favour regardless of performance you will get promoted.

Pros

City centre location

Cons

Long hours, bad management, no team ethos

Friendly and exciting

I enjoyed working at Hill Dickinsons very much where I met some great friends but unfortunately due to redundancy it brought my time with them to an end in 2017

Pros

Free medical benefits and death in service

Loved every minute

Such a great place to work, provided me with my first working opportunity for which I will be forever grateful. Lovely people who couldn't have been more supportive, was extremely sad to leave

Pros

Great People

Very different!

As soon as I began working, I've seen totally different standards of working for Hill Dickinson. Respect shown all the way. From interview stage until the end.

Pros

Awesome people, communication, days away and much more

Cons

Open space, can get use to it

Dont care

Like any big law firm the managers don't care about their employees especially the ones one zero your contracts who are paid minimum wage and expect to do more than anyone else. After a few months they just say that's it your not needed anymore.

Good company

Company is not secure at present. Was once an excellent company.only left due to retirement.very good health insurance looked after employees very well. Worked in post room so unable to elaborate much more.

Pros

Good private medical insurance

Cons

Company not secure at present time

Good company

Good company to work for in terms of benefits. Salary is very low in comparison to other firms. Good HR department but progression is lacking. Do not fall for the promise of those in the interviews

Pros

HR dept

Cons

Salary

More relaxed for a large international firm. Opportunity for progression, good overall management.

A pleasant place to work

I enjoyed my time at Hill Dickinson. It is a busy yet friendly environment with prospects to progress should you want to change your profession within the Company.

Pros

Benefits that come with the job

Jobs at Hill Dickinson LLP

See more jobs

Misinformed

The best part of the job is the people I work with (ie the paralegals, secretaries etc - not superiors), who are lovely. The hardest part of the job is how restrictive it is - going from being self sufficient and running a caseload to having to have your every move checked is debilitating, demoralising and a hindrance in doing your job effectively and efficiently! The pay is appalling across the board - you seem to have to take a pay cut in order to win the prestige of having HD on your CV!

Pros

reputation, good teams, structure

Cons

appalling pay, rubbish case management system

Good

Busy and productive work place with opportunity to learn and progress along the way. Co workers are all close, friendly and polite.

Pros

Good work parties

Cons

Quiet Enviornment

Fair place to work

Taking phone calls, audio and copy typing. Producing Laserforms. Worked well within a team, all secretaries were willing to help each other whether worked in same team or different teams.

Pros

Nice people who worked there

Cons

People in important positions didn't care about staff underneath them

Not a good firm to work for

Enjoyed the type of work. You are classed as just a number by management. Extreme amount of pressure put upon us with no benefits to be had. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues, who are good friends. Would not recommend them as a company to work for though.

Pros

Made some good friends

Cons

They are not family friendly firm or flexible on hours of work

Interesting and Challenging Working Environment

I only spent a short time at Hill Dickson but I loved every minute. It was challenging and enjoyable providing me with excellent support and guidance

Currently a sinking ship!

Many roles are being made redundant. Some people have had to go through multiple redundancy processes. The Firm is downsizing. Not a good time to join at all. Co-workers are mostly friendly but there are some dis-tasteful characters in the upper ranks. Management is very good, but the decisions made at the top have no regard for people lives. As long as their pockets are lined with cash they are happy. Overall, if job security was not and issue, and there was a progression path the job would be perfect, but as these two points are lacking the firm no longer suits ambitious people seeking to progress and develop.

Pros

The same jacket potato every day

Cons

Redundancies > Downsizing

Varied Work/New Areas Gained

I have spent a large amount of my working career with this company. I have seen the company go from strength to strength and have enjoyed working within new areas I had not been exposed to before. I have learnt alot and have built alot of working as well as personal friendships I will take with me in the future.

Overall, a decent workplace

Overall, a decent workplace. Reasonable staff. Good benefits.

worked with small group

Worked with a small team of costs drafstmen- loved the people I worked directly with - left for advancement

Pros

good work environment

Cons

too many chiefs

Diverse work

Opportunity to progress, encouraged to take on repsonsibility from an early stage.

Worked with a great team

Enjoyed working in the corporate team and learning and progressing new IT applications. Co-workers were very pleasant and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and team spirit when deadlines had to be met. Looked forward to interaction with other teams and employees there, made quite a few friends who will remain so. There was no hard part to the job as I found the work (even when new applications, systems, etc, were introduced) to be quite easy.

Pros

Good corporate team

Cons

Made redundant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill Dickinson LLP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement