Hillarys Blinds

Design Consultant3 reviews
United Kingdom3 reviews

blindtargetlongstarthourcustomerteamhard

Lifestyle job

I am a Design Consultant with Hillary’s and have been in the role for 2.5 years. The hours can be long, but I run my own diary, so it’s my choice if I work several 11 hour days in order to work 5 hours on a Friday!! The products are excellent, the company has a well regarded name in the industry and I enjoy meeting people and discussing their needs. The rewards for being successful are excellent. There are negatives. You need to be able to motivate yourself and be confident in working alone as there is very little support from management. Communication in all areas of the business needs improving significantly to improve the customer experience. Overall this is one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. I’m my own boss and enjoy every day.

Pros

Interesting and varied

Cons

Communication

Unethical exploitative Company

I joined this company as a self employed special products rep. They exploit people in need of employment and take £2.5k off of you for refurbished kit and tablet/training. They will then proceed to totally ignore the promises made to you and make it impossible for you to make enough money. The initial trainer was a bully and picked on one rep the entire time, he also separated men from women. We were treated like 10 year old schoolchildren. He spent 2 days of the training telling us how wonderful he was and the story of his life, despite the fact that we were paying for our hotels for 5 nights. Working 6.5 days a week, after expenses, I was earning approx £230 per week. This is not counting the constant hotel fees for residential courses. You can sell tons of the stuff and still not make enough to keep yourself. If you leave they will take back your kit and tablet but will not under any circumstances return your investment in the Company. Only reps in areas like London are able to make a living wage as prices are higher there and more appointments. You have no status and the fitters are lauded as being far more important even though you are getting them business. Please do not get yourself in debt and end up with little income as I and probably thousands of others have done.

Pros

Ben the trainer

Cons

Everything else.

Insights into Hillarys Blinds

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness

Design Consultant Misery

Selling shutters. You have to pay thousands of pounds to get the job. You have to pay for everything. Phone and contract, tablet and contract, uniform, initial samples, hotels, car, fuel and so on. My performance was good but my earnings low once you take the car and everything else into account. Hard sell, asked to explain yourself if you had a bad week. I worked Very long hours. I was very unhappy working here in a self employed role.You must do Evening calls that can be in rough areas.Ask for proof of other salespersons earnings before giving them all your money just to get a job, I wish I did.

Pros

Cons

You pay for everything from your uniform to hotel stays. Heavy samples. Long hours, own car, phone etc. Hard to sell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillarys Blinds. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hillarys Blinds with

Learn about Hillarys Blinds in popular locations

• Hillarys Blinds
  • Design Consultant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?