Hillarys Blinds

Hillarys Blinds Employee Reviews for Factory Worker

Factory Worker4 reviews
United Kingdom4 reviews

blindtargetlongstarthourcustomerteamhard

It's a fast paced but organised company,,they recognise when your working hard and thank you,if your not doing your job well,they retrain you or give you another job to try, it's a good company to work for

Pros

A contract after few months

Cons

More incentives

n/a

A typical day at hilliarys i started at 8am til 5pm on a weekend. I worked on a production line and had to measure and make the blinds to the customers order. The management was easy to approach.

Insights into Hillarys Blinds

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energising work tasks

When I started work I would normally go on the hoist making wash wood blinds or I would get put on picking. The hoist involved making blinds to a high quality and quantity to meet the expectations of the company's high standards. Picking involved feeding the cells with blinds which was an important job because you had to work very fast and if u didn't fill the cells fast enough people on the hoist would be standing about waiting for work and this would slowdown production. What I learned working at Hillarys blinds is how to work on a production line meeting the expectations of the company witch involved hitting targets, quality, quantity and lots more. We also used to have a team brief twice a week witch involved how many blinds we had made so far in the week and the back log witch is how many blinds the company has taking in for order. The hardest part of the job was hitting the high target the company expected because most of the blinds needed to be fixed e.g. damaged head rail, stretched ladders, dirty tapes, faulty cord lock, and lots more. This would slow down production but some days you would get no damaged blinds and hit target and other days most of the blinds would be damaged so what you had to do when this occurred is write the time down you have spent fixing the blind and what the damage was. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting recognised for your hard work so since I made blinds to a high quality the people on FQC fine quality check used to ask if I would make the blinds as they would not come back of the customer.

Pros

Free blind once a year and a bonus at christmas

Friendly and Fun

even though you would think at a Blind Factory that everyday would be the same and it probably would be if it wasn't for the people that works there, and I don't just mean the people in my section, but management and my co-workers, they all made everyday different. The hardest part of the job was fixing a blind if there was something wrong with it (ladders out, blinds bent, ladders snaps) but apart from that, the hardest thing about working there was knowing I was leaving after meeting some great people.

Pros

Meeting the people

Cons

Feet killed when first started

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillarys Blinds. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hillarys Blinds with

Learn about Hillarys Blinds in popular locations

• Hillarys Blinds
  • Factory Worker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?