Hillarys Blinds
Happiness score is 41 out of 100
View all Hillarys Blinds reviews

Hillarys Blinds

Hillarys Blinds Employee Review

It's a fast paced but organised company,,they recognise when your working hard and thank you,if your not doing your job well,they retrain you or give you another job to try, it's a good company to work for

Pros

A contract after few months

Cons

More incentives

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

n/a

A typical day at hilliarys i started at 8am til 5pm on a weekend. I worked on a production line and had to measure and make the blinds to the customers order. The management was easy to approach.
Same role

When I started work I would normally go on the hoist making wash wood blinds or I would get put on picking. The hoist involved making blinds to a high quality and quantity to meet the expectations of the company's high standards. Picking involved feeding the cells with blinds which was an important job because you had to work very fast and if u didn't fill the cells fast enough people on the hoist would be standing about waiting for work and this would slowdown production. What I learned working at Hillarys blinds is how to work on a production line meeting the expectations of the company witch involved hitting targets, quality, quantity and lots more. We also used to have a team brief twice a week witch involved how many blinds we had made so far in the week and the back log witch is how many blinds the company has taking in for order. The hardest part of the job was hitting the high target the company expected because most of the blinds needed to be fixed e.g. damaged head rail, stretched ladders, dirty tapes, faulty cord lock, and lots more. This would slow down production but some days you would get no damaged blinds and hit target and other days most of the blinds would be damaged so what you had to do when this occurred is write the time down you have spent fixing the blind and what the damage was. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting recognised for your hard work so since I made blinds to a high quality the people on FQC fine quality check used to ask if I would make the blinds as they would not come back of the customer.

Pros

Free blind once a year and a bonus at christmas
Same location

It’s a fun company but poor management

Management are very sly and it’s one of those companies of ‘who you know’ not ‘what you know’ if you want to progress. Contact centre are over worked and under paid and so so stressed with no reward. They care too much about dress up days than actually putting thoughts to the staff and helping them manage workload.

Pros

Hours of work (mon-fri)

Cons

Pay, management and no progression unless you know someone high up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillarys Blinds. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement