Hilton

Hilton Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,371 reviews

Found 1,371 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,035 reviews
hotelrotafreeguestlondonhospitalitylovelystaff

Mid place to work for a casual worker

Its alright. Not much else to say really when it comes to casual work. Treated okay. You are on your feet a lot but its not entirely unbearable as you get fed for certain shifts which is nice of them.

Can be fun

If you work with the right people it can be good. I worked there for my first job. There are advancement opportunities also. Management was a bit disappointing when I worked there.

Insights into Hilton

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Excellent

Fantastic company experience working with such high standards is vital for developing new skills and enhancing existing skills. Customer service is key.

Nice place to work

Lovely hotel chain to work for . Fun job role on reception and lovely people. Lots of different departments to choose to work in . Good employee benefits.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Busy

Support

Most of the time you don't get the support needed. Hourly rate needs to be improved because the amount of work and stress is not covered by what you get at the end of the month.

Not a good place to work

Worst company to ever work for, mangerment bought the company down, there the ones that suppose to build staff up, they will have you working day and evening and make you feel no good when you say no

Rubbish

Uncaring managersLong hoursPoor ManagementPoor rota systemLack of staffStressfulNot recognised for hard workWorst place that I have ever workedNo appreciation

Gives opportunity for growth and development

I've developed a lot of skills and experience ever working with this company. I worked for a period of 6 years. And ever sincei started working, I've seen myself achieved a lot at my workplace.

Poor

Management are rude, cold hearted bullies and have clear favourites who get treat different. Lots of people who work there are perverts and have a bad reputation that isn’t good for the company. You do more than your contract but poor pay for how much you do (if you only did what’s on contract it would be fair). Your expected to always put work before your life. Work conditions are very bad you have to stand all the time in the sun with no a/c and no taking off uniform but management don’t care or see a problem cause all there offices have a/c and chairs and they’ll stand at reception for 5 mins compared to the 8 hours+ reception have to. Staff food is questionable. Only good thing is some nice colleagues and staff rates. Best thing I did was leave. And even when I did no one but a few nice colleagues seemed to care.

Pros

Staff rate

Cons

Everything else

Owned by billionaires that don't care about staff

You are a statistic, a cog in the machine. Don't expect loyalty or respect. Colleagues are OK but management just want to deliver for their own sake, doesn't matter who's trodden on.

Do not recommend

Company was awful to work for and management did not care about staff. Hours were long and no real breaks were allocated, management favoured some staff over others so ended up with all the bad shifts

Teamwork

The emphasis was very much working as a team, which was easy to do given the high calibre of my co-workers . We all pulled together to offer the very best in customer service for our guests. I was very impressed with the HH Group as regular training was provided. The only reason I left was because my role became redundant when our client airlines shifted their operations from Gatwick Airport to Heathrow. Shortly afterwards I moved to the USA where I had a front desk role in the Hilton Conrad Hotel in Chicago. HHG are a great company to work for!

Fun

friendly staff , worked as a team well. Free breakfasts , customer service was good. I enjoyed my time there however sometimes there was nothing to do.

Pros

Free breakfast

Good training

The training offered was good allows for easy integration. More benefits would be better and longer breaks as shifts tend to be long. Clean and friendly environment

Awful

The staff where grumpy particularly a chef that worked at the Hilton Exeter has quite a bad attitude the management was disorganised and poor lacked confidence and over all too much demand for the pay

Poor hotel staff and management

Treated poorly by management, management lie to help each other, with evidence of lies management still take management sides Not a nice environment to work in, poor wages what’s expected of you

Pros

Free lunch - animals wouldn’t eat most

Cons

Poor wages Long hours

Work

Management could do with some major help. No one wanted to work there because the company is basically falling apart. If u want a job where you will constantly be on ur feet with no help or training then this is the one for u

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Sometimes work with no break

Pretty decent

Good team working environment which is needed in this fast paced industry. Benefits were pretty decent for the job I had. Overall work-life balance could be a bit better.

Pros

Family discounts, benefits package and colleagues

Cons

work-life balance

Stressful at times

I had 23 years here mostly good until the last few which I never enjoyed,due to some staff issues.Orders were struggling to be completed and staff overworked.Management didn't take on board problems at daily meetings.I was made redundant due to staff restructuring.Lots of good people left due to the way the factory was being run.

Pros

Paid breaks.

Cons

Weekends

Great atmosphere with a real team spirit but poor pay

Shift work with a very strict routine & timetable. Fast-paced with little downtime. Other members of staff really helpful to new staff and make them feel welcomed. Shifts and part-time available. Management friendly.Expect people to pick things up pretty quickly without training. Cons Half hour meal break with no formal tea break, so exhausting as you are on your feet all day.

Pros

Free lunch. Discount to stay at other Hilton hotels. Good benefit package.

Cons

On your feet all day with only half hour break. No formal tea break so exhausting.

Great for short term and long term

Overall a good place to work as it’s quite relaxed. Only under pressure when there’s a lot of guests and not enough staff (people sometimes decide not to turn up without informing the others). The hourly rate is amazing for what it is nationally. Made quite a lot of work friends while being here. All staff are relatively young so a lot of common interests and easy discussion points within the group. Supervisors and management are very nice and always around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement