Hilton

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Pretty decent

Good team working environment which is needed in this fast paced industry. Benefits were pretty decent for the job I had. Overall work-life balance could be a bit better.

Pros

Family discounts, benefits package and colleagues

Cons

work-life balance

Poor hotel staff and management

Treated poorly by management, management lie to help each other, with evidence of lies management still take management sides Not a nice environment to work in, poor wages what’s expected of you

Pros

Free lunch - animals wouldn’t eat most

Cons

Poor wages Long hours

Work

Management could do with some major help. No one wanted to work there because the company is basically falling apart. If u want a job where you will constantly be on ur feet with no help or training then this is the one for u

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Sometimes work with no break

Stressful at times

I had 23 years here mostly good until the last few which I never enjoyed,due to some staff issues.Orders were struggling to be completed and staff overworked.Management didn't take on board problems at daily meetings.I was made redundant due to staff restructuring.Lots of good people left due to the way the factory was being run.

Pros

Paid breaks.

Cons

Weekends

Great atmosphere with a real team spirit but poor pay

Shift work with a very strict routine & timetable. Fast-paced with little downtime. Other members of staff really helpful to new staff and make them feel welcomed. Shifts and part-time available. Management friendly.Expect people to pick things up pretty quickly without training. Cons Half hour meal break with no formal tea break, so exhausting as you are on your feet all day.

Pros

Free lunch. Discount to stay at other Hilton hotels. Good benefit package.

Cons

On your feet all day with only half hour break. No formal tea break so exhausting.

Great for short term and long term

Overall a good place to work as it’s quite relaxed. Only under pressure when there’s a lot of guests and not enough staff (people sometimes decide not to turn up without informing the others). The hourly rate is amazing for what it is nationally. Made quite a lot of work friends while being here. All staff are relatively young so a lot of common interests and easy discussion points within the group. Supervisors and management are very nice and always around.

Great place

Love Hilton and will always stay a Hilton girl lovely people lovely management great benefits wonderful place to work for.Great location and benefits

Productive workplace

Productive workplace with access to many on site facilities.Staff highly motivated and employees constantly engaged.Progression is available and long term plans within company necessitate development

Workplace culture

Hilton is a multicultural place with multicultural employees, a great experience to develop good experiences and new knowledge about all the cultures and how to assist them. A wonderful environment to learn and develop your career and achieve what you propose.

Your colleague will make of break it

Good job. Not best work life balance. Management can be the major problem. If you have good colleagues they become family and make the job better and easier.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Work life balance

Good place but poor salary

The most of people work there for minimal wage or just a little bit more. It is disgreatful.And also sometimes you finish midnight or 1 AM and you have to back to work in the morning and managera don't see any problem with that.

Great

The Hilton is an okay place to work, good work culture and al great staff to hep you with job progression, they need to be a bit understanding of people say they’re unable to go in due to illnesses though, it’s like as if you’re not allowed to be sick

a part time job

alright pay, work is a flexible, friendly environment. You can choose when to work and when to not work. In the fast-paced environment, you would have to learn quick

its good

its goodbusylearned to use company softwarestaff were all nicehard part of the job was being on desk alone when it was getting really busy, wasnt that bad though

Great work experience

Great for someone looking to start a career in hospitality. Great training program provided with the hilton university and excellent staff benefits. Recommended!

I loved working in the place a lot and the loving spirit among the staff in all departments

… Perhaps the work was a bit stressful, but it gave us learning more skills, because I was one of the opening team. Also, there were a lot of training courses and motivational certificates for the hardworking.

I worked in the beauty department of the gym with a few managers, most were supportive and great to work for.

It was a relaxing environment to work in and one I worked in on and off for 10 years. The people that were there is what made it for me, the money was not amazing but when I worked there, the perks made up for it, I traveled Europe staying in the Hilton’s. I don’t think they have the same perks now.

Pros

Free lunch, Elemis training and other product training, free gym membership, able to stay in other Hilton’s across Europe at discounted prices, friendly team (not sure if it’s still the same).

Cons

Money wasn’t amazing, not always lucky to have a great manager, you could say the hours but in that line of work the hours can be long and some times unsociable.

Toxic work environment

From the moment I started at this new build Hilton I was met with lazy supervisors and poor management. It’s a toxic work environment. Lazy staff members got promoted

Pros

Free staff meals

Cons

Bad management. Lazy staff get rewarded

Top team

The Hilton Stansted has some of the best people i have ever worked with, although there is quite a fast turn around of staff at floor level. Management are an awesome team and have a great leader. I would have no qualms about going back if the salary was a little better.Was a fun and exciting place to work.

Pros

Free breakfasts

Cons

On call too often.

Wasn't great

Worked here for a short time on agency inside a kitchen. Very clique-y work environment and culture not welcoming to new comers. Wouldn't recommend.

No work life balance

The company itself is really great has room to develop and great benefits such as hotel discounts etc.Unfortunately as any other hospitality job there is no work life balance and of course the pay is just basic meaning you have to work a lot of extra hours to afford the basics. There is of course a lot of stress and they expect more than what you are paid for. When it comes to management it can be either good or bad.

Pros

Free lunch pay on time and staff discounts

Cons

Long hours bad pay and no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement