Hilton

Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 1,259 reviews matching the search
I started working here in 2017 as an Apprentice Chef.It was really exciting to start working for a Hilton as it’s such a well known company! I trained on the job with lovely members of staff who would always help me and the General Manager was a very positive and happy person which made working here really fun. The company takes pride in customer satisfaction, and raising money for their local chosen charity each month with various fundraisers which are organised by a member of each department in the company. My time at the Hilton had its ups and downs. I made friends for life, gained qualifications, learned what it’s like to work in a kitchen, and even won employee of the year. Unfortunately it was also a stressful environment to work in. The kitchen was a great environment to work in when I first started, but towards the end of my time here it got nasty. The current Sous Chef (now an Assistant Kitchen Manager) was untrustworthy and would talk about people behind their back a lot which made working here really uncomfortable and not a nice working environment. He was also the company’s “Counsellor” but a very untrustworthy councillor, as he mentioned to me very private things/home life about the person who was having counselling with him, which I think is completely unacceptable. In October 2020 I was made redundant due to Covid. I got a job a few months after, and unfortunately, I asked the Sous Chef to write a recommendation for me. My current workplace now, received his reference for me and they were absolutely shocked as everything he wrote about me was negative, and also - more...
Pros
A chance to study on the job with Lifetime training
Cons
Untrustworthy members of staff
Huge variance in the kind of work you'll be expected to do. I had days where I would do next to nothing, followed by intense 12+ hour shifts. Contracts are offered on a zero-hour basis, this means 0 job security and you will often find yourself taking shifts that don't suit your personal life. While you have every legal right to refuse shifts, managers will often become resentful if this inconveniences them (don't even think about declining shifts in a busy period)
Pros
Very easy hiring process, sense of community
Cons
Long (often anti-social) hours, poor pay, demanding and sometimes incompetent managers
Friendly atmosphere if you do your job, good management,also you have a paid break,cantina with different kind of food ( they have vegetarian section)👍
Been Greatly learn a lot and People, Quality, Guests and profit focus and all the courses online with Hilton University Duty Manager training courses Fire training? Health and safety audits etc...
Pros
Be Hilton
Cons
Salary
Is Fun workplace because we meet all kind different people like wice in colleges and customers services is big range of jobs and gives opportunity to be recognised and considered.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexible hours
Joined company and realised instantly that it is a bad place where i worked in. Especially the management makes you work like a donkey with loads of unwanted pressure.my experience is based on location at reading. Loads of staff who cannot speak english.no day off. No team work in between the housekeeping team. Managers disliking each other.Favouritism between managers of their own race and ethnic. People there are quiet as most of them cannot speak english and cannot speak up. The staff turn over is also really high. I don’t recommend this place to work. This place needs a unannounced investigation/visit from the head office or council in order to see how they actually work there. I feel really sorry for my colleagues who cannot speak up and had to work there due to their circumstances.
Cons
Management needs re organising
Exceptional Staff. Hardworking And Compassionate. Loved The Management They Were So Honoring And Thankful. It Was Very Organised. Plenty Training. High Standards Of Excellence.
Pros
Free Lunch!
Cons
Physical Demands & Heavy Outdated Equipment
If you have no experience join with Hilton, you will learn a lot. They will give you bunch of load of responsibilities which good, you will learn at your own and from observing, if your fast learner. You will catch up handling stress and pressure if your strong and taking this job as stepping stone for personal development and career growth if you have plan to become manager someday. If you join Hilton as no experience don’t think about salary. They really have very less salary which fair enough because in Hilton you will learn how to handle people with different characters and as I have mentioned above. Entry level salary of Hilton is very sad to think those who work on entry level or supervisory job, they work more so hard and longer hours. Manager salary is really good, but managers are not the one who work so hard and even work less hours. FYI, mostly Managers of Hilton doesn’t have empathy and compassion for their team. As I have mentioned think about how u will learn and please don’t copy their manager attitude. I still believe having compassion to your team will make you a better leader.
A professional and dynamic company. Demanding and thorough but gifts autonomy and no micro management. Focused on team culture and driven by progressing the guest experience.
Pros
Great staff dicounted stays
Cons
Occassionally a 'one size fits all' approach
There is no respect for workers, used to work shift of over 14hours, 10 days in a row and without break.In over 9 months of employment, I never received a payslip, many of my worked hours were missing. Slaver
Pros
Cons
unfair salary, long hours
The staff are efficient and helpful. Management were always excellent and professional in dealing with any issues or problems you may come across on shift. Very flexible working hours to suit your needs. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
None.
Good friendlyGreat work team Fair Conservative. Perks. Interract with guests City centre Get to meet people.
Pros
Free dinners 7
Cons
Hard work
I really enjoyed my time at the Hilton Hotel. The vibe at this company is incredible. I didn't see time go by because I was doing what I loved and I had the opportunity to meet wonderful people.
This is a good place to work and the head chef is very helpful and friendly. The kitchen team is build around teamwork and knowledge plus experience in the hospitality trade
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
When I was there the head chef was not too bad and I was asked for input with the specials and themed nights there could have been more flexibility with rota but overall I was quite happy
Pros
Free food on duty.free parking and wage was ok
Cons
Early starts late finishes
turni di lavoro spesso e volentieri di 12 ore (il mio record fu di 14 ore con mezzora di tempo per pranzare). Stipendio invece dei prestabiliti 1500 era ero spesso e volentieri di 1100 1200 a causa di errori contabili ore di straordinario che sparivano ogni mese.
Pros
prendo tutti cani e porci
Cons
se non hai una stamina d'acciaio non puoi resistere
I really enjoyed my experience and employment at the Hilton Hotel Deansgate Manchester, l would still be employed, but due to this Coronavirus Epidemic!!, The Hospitality Sector has suffered very badly!!? So l have been laid off. All l can say l. thoroughly enjoyed my work experience at the Hilton Hotel Deansgate Manchester.
Pros
Free food free drinks
Cons
I was working in team restaurant on breakfast and I was serving the quest with nice smile on my face.I was enjoying to work in such a lovely place.All the people was very kind and they was make my work very easy and nice.
Pros
Free lunched
I have often gone to work with a sense of enthusiasm as to what each day will bring. The training and staff benefits exceeded most other company ethics and therefore should be regarded as a potent constituent over other organisations.The management is beyond systematic in its approach to process the volume of guest turnover and profit margin consistently high.I have undergone a multitude of staff training , growth in my career and learnt from staff around me how to make the company and exceptional team. This consisting of fun, professional work ethic and taking delight in making guests satisfied when they come to stay. My particular field of expertise arouse in the restaurant, room service sector, of the various departments and worked hard to cooperate with other departments.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
SSometimes overloaded with guest bookings
Lovely place to work As in design and products and equipment Was Very disappointing as badly managed at the time Large turn over of management of 5 spa managers in 2 years . Lack of support to staff , no incentives All went down hill when they stopped the Hilton from managing the hotel and it changed management. Suggest the Hilton need to be careful who they let their name to.
Pros
Hilton honours discount hotels, free lunch, free membership
Cons
Don’t pay well for the area
Great team work and management always push the workers to be and work in a team and always communicate with each other for a stronger bond between the employees.
  1. Employee reviews