Hinduja Global Solutions

Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom176 reviews

Found 176 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,122 reviews

Student job

This was a summer student job in a call centre outsourcing for Student Loans. Mostly ok experience and training with their system but too much focus on script reading and being monitored for this rather than actual call quality.

24 May 2022
Hi, thanks for your review. Your feedback is valuable to us. We would like to hear more about your experience to understand how we can make things better here. Please write to us at Talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Fab place to work, be yourself, and love your job. Great teams to be involved with. Lovely and relaxing as long as you do your job you have been tasked to complete

25 May 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are having a great experience at HGS. We at HGS are always striving toward success and we are glad that you see the value in it as well! We wish you all the best :)

Insights into Hinduja Global Solutions

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Avoid at all costs

I was transferred over to HGS and was assured they were a trustworthy and strong company to work for, I had full confidence in the move, honestly.Firstly, those of us that transferred were told we would be contacted with information on training within 24 hours. I was given a phone call, and they said "contact (hgs email) if you have any issues". 4 days of emails, not a single response, phone contact stopped responding to me, left in the dark, same with all others that transferred.Training started 4 days late, and we lost pay due to this. When things finally started to get rolling, there were some IT problems as to be expected, only problem is, the IT support is non-existent, I've sent about 5 emails to them and still have never heard from them, I've had to manually fix my own system problems, luckily I have a background in it so I managed to get by.I also tried emailing payroll for the pay issues, they never responded either, in fact, I've emailed 5 different HGS emails since working for them, and never heard back, I don't think they even exist.1st month finally finishes and the icing on the cake.. I was paid about 1/3 of a months wages. So I'm left without money for bills and as payroll doesn't contact you, you very much are left hopeless.There is so much more to be said, but I have never worked for a company less organised, caring, or professional in my career. If you can, avoid it, do not put yourself through this.

Pros

Remote working.

Cons

Communication, professionalism, pay, and every other aspect of working.

4 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your HGS experience. We wish you all the best! Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

A complete joke. Don’t waste your time or energy. They literally suck the life and soul out of you.

This place is beyond disorganized. They threaten to not pay you when their systems are down which is continual. Their idea of being completely flexible with your schedule is that they can literally change it the day before with no notice. There is zero flexibility from their end. Training is pitiful. You are definitely not prepared to take calls on your first day/week. They refuse to give you access to company policy and procedures. You can’t ever plan for anything in your personal life as schedules come out last minute and week by week. They lie about everything all the time. Turn over is continual in both call handlers and team management. They pretend they’re giving you a big raise when it’s really just a standard/required minimum wage increase.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Literally everything you can imagine you don’t want in a workplace.

28 April 2022

Good for working from home terrible everything else

They deduct from your pay without reason and don’t treat it urgently when you try and get fairly paid for your hours .. currently owing me half of my pay and no one is responding on a solution It’s basically exploiting because they feel we’re easily replaceable

28 April 2022

Awful, awful and more awful

I was TUPEd to this company so did not apply to work for them I didn't have a choice in the matter. After spending years building up my knowledge base on a specific contract I can only feel I have wasted all of my time and effort since moving to HGS.This company is awful, you are a number and nothing more to them, management are non-existent and the ones that are around are just incompetent.We are constantly understaffed because nobody wants to stay, they can hire 10 people but only 2 of them make it through training because they're that awful to work for. You can't book time off, their systems never work properly, youre lucky if they pay you a full wage and not have to chase it up next time and you will NEVER get a pay rise I am now earning the same as people who have just walked through the door. I and everyone of my colleagues I speak to are looking for new employment, I actually hate this company. I have raised my concerns with them many times but they fall on deaf ears all you get is excuses but nothing ever changes. All I can say is if you are looking for a job do NOT apply here

26 April 2022

No support

The biggest mistake working for this company, no support from anyone at all. The systems are always freezing resulting in employees not getting paid. When the systems crash or you can't access online even when you follow the procedure you still get nothing back and made to feel like its your own fault. I ask for holidays/days off these get ignored. We are expected to book elderly people in for vaccines the centres from them are miles away. And we get the swearing because of this.

15 April 2022

Fun

Good place to work. Bit stressful with a lot of work coming in but just need a good team to work for. Don't think the wage is enough as it doesn't reflect the amount of work you do

18 March 2022

management just end your employment with no reason!!!!! just they need to ramp down, but then take more staff on?

company take underpaid workers on who have no commitments students who still live at home over people who need to work to pay mortgage children to feed, bills to pay ectmanagement need to take this into account before they end your employment with no reason,HGS needs to remember when they first started out and how they got to were they are now! without the help of Peter Mandelson and help with getting there british passport they are the company they are today.

Pros

false incentives

Cons

poor management

18 February 2022

Stressful!

I would not recommend working here at all! The hours are long and by the time you finish you're too tired to do anything. The calls are hectic, non stop back to back that you don't even get time to have a breather. You can't even take a full comfort break in a 8 and a half hour shift. They make us work like dogs. Do not work here.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and stressful

11 February 2022

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hinduja Global Solutions?

HGS - Excellent company

I’ve worked at HGS for over a year now and I loved every minute of it. I’ve had great managers who have always gave help and support when it’s needed. The training was easy and simple, lasted for 4 weeks and it was on teams calls with a trainer going through PowerPoint slides on different sectors of the role. The job itself is relatively easy too, there’s campaigns that are introduced that consist of outbound calls regarding a particular topic. I would personally recommend working here to anyone. The job is slow-paced but there’s work there to do if you’re wanting to do it ~ my only downside was the pay, I feel it’s good but with tax, etc it wasn’t enough for me to cover my bills towards the end of my job.

Pros

Great management(both TMs & OMs), amazing colleagues, plenty of work to do, always learning opportunities, different jobs within HGS available every week.

Cons

Pay wasn’t enough to help me pay the bills unfortunately.

9 February 2022

Not great.

Management is next to none. So don’t expect to be supported. Long hours, not enough training and typical call centre environment. Target driven, which can become very stressful in the long run when your not being supported.

A relaxing job

The actual role of a customer service representative is a remote one which offers some flexibility (depending on preferences). Overall it's not a demanding/stressful role, the management is helpful. The pay is indeed low but it's ideal for anyone wanting to gain experience.

Pros

Remote roles Flexibility

Cons

Low pay

17 January 2022

a good place to learn but fast-paced , a lots of pressure , customers shouting

Pros: the job itself is not too difficult . A lots of problem-solving . you will become very good at communicating with customersCons: customers are difficult, very busy workplace

17 January 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are having a great experience at HGS. We at HGS are always striving towards success and we are glad that you see the value in it as well! We wish you all the best :)

Poor place to work.

Poor place to work. Constant issues with systems and never got paid correctly for weeks. Training was rushed. Never anyone available to ask questions, working for healthcare provider and was shocked at the service and how little people know about stuff before getting thrown in at the deep end.

Pros

Cons

Poor working hours, Poor pay, Poor communication, Poor management, Never paid on time or correctly, Very high staff turnover

17 January 2022

Do know what you are getting yourself into!

1.5/5 starsMy gut instinct told me avoid this HGS role and I didn’t listen to it, so here we are! This was sold to me as a customer focused role that is not scripted or stats based with solid training. Instead what we actually get is a focus of box ticking on the calls, saying things in a certain way (a script), following a set structure, and you must not deviate from the structure. Do not dare question the holy structure, however robotic it feels and unhelpful to the customer experience it may be. Your calls will be marked, as is standard practice of course, but however good your customer service skills are it doesn’t matter anywhere near as much as following the set call script & structure or as collecting caller data. It is splitting hairs on a whole other levelOut of training from the word go you’ll be getting chased for call work time. Take a quick loo break and you may get a message from a manager asking whats happening. Half your 121 time will be based around stats with targets on improving these. It is micromanagement on steroids but try asking for support on a difficult call and you may be waiting a while. Try asking a general question directly to a manager and you may get garble like this, hi just reconfirming my pay query has been resolved as my schedule still shows as awol (showing as awol in error), to then receive back as a response, a copy and paste reply of the managers previous message from the week before, which included copying my prior message to that in, so not actually answering my question. Similar things to this happened, -

Pros

Colleagues, Fortnightly pay, Good hours

Cons

Micro Management, Lack of training in key areas, Poor support at times, A focus on negativity in general feedback

25 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your work experience at HGS. It is our priority to make sure we are listening to our employees, as they are our biggest and most valuable assets. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com if you'd like to speak further about your concerns. Thanks again and take care.

The worst company to work for

Do not work for HGS unless you are seriously desperate and your back is to the wall. There processes are the worst. You can only book holidays 1 month in advance. For example if you want the 5th March off. You can only book from 5th February and not before. There management are the worst. You got treated better in school. Pay is peanuts and you can forget about progression. Your just a number and nothing else.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

No progression. Unable to book holiday's, control freaks

29 November 2021

Love my job!

I absolutely love my job working with HSG, I work from home working on the covid pass campaign, my team is extremely friendly, we all help each other out and my manager is brilliant.Pays not great but as I'm working at home i don't have to worry about travel costs.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Strange hours

19 November 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are having a great experience at HGS. We at HGS are always striving towards success and we are glad that you see the value in it as well! We wish you all the best.

Avoid HGS like the plague.

I was recruited by an agency to work for HGS on the NHS 119 Vaccination booking phone line (work from home position). There was no formal interview process for the role and after some brief emails with the agency, I was invited to attend 2 days training over a Saturday & Sunday.The training was conducted by two very lovely people (The staff I've dealt with personally at HGS are mostly very friendly and personable, although it's not that many, because you aren't allowed to speak to staff higher up the ladder. More on that later) who were very enthusiastic, open to questions and were very supportive. The training however was abysmal to say the least. The software we were due to use on the campaign was not available for us to access or look at (in fact when we first started a few of us had no access to the software for a number of days because IT/operations had not provided the details for the new accounts), instead outdated screenshots of the software were shown to us on slides. We had very little idea of how the software was operated, the process we needed to follow during the call, what tasks would need to be performed during the call and what corresponding tasks needed to be performed inside the software. The job role was extremely vague, they did not show us any example dialogues or recorded calls as an example of some of the questions we might face, so we all went into the job with no idea of the role, no idea of how the various pieces of software worked and coupled with the fact that they had drilled into us that if we weren't working, we weren't getting paid, we were -

Pros

Job is easy once you get used to it, Some of the people are great.

Cons

EVERYTHING else.

22 November 2021

worked hard with no appreciation

typical day is logging into systems and taking calls. its on and off call after call. the management is okay but they don't show any leadership skills, they will pass responsibility between each other and won't have a answer for queries sometimes leaving a customer on hold bringing out call times up. not very much opportunity for progression unless you are very friendly with a manager. hardest part of the job is that we a pushed to work hard with no motivation or appreciation from out team leaders.

Pros

friendly environment

Cons

mantaly draining, superiors are not very helpful

16 November 2021

Avoid like the plague

What a horrendous place to work most of the management are vile bullies, they don't help when needed as the majority just don't have the knowledge to help. You will be promised the world then recieve nothing. Constantly put down no matter how much work you do its never enough and what you do is under appreciated. Relationships goung on between mangers and agens, senior management and agents and its flaunted round the office its just how a work environment should be also very clicky and hard to make friends or even gain help. AVOID

8 November 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hinduja Global Solutions with

• Hinduja Global Solutions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?