HM Courts & Tribunals Service

HM Courts & Tribunals Service Employee Reviews

Have to deal with alot for the salary received and no help from a very bad Management. Would get better pay on a check out in a supermarket and not be expected to deal with above and beyond your grade.The only plus is the flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management and pay
If this vacancy is on the family team run a mile. Nasty sly clique of staff because you are an agency work the disparities are enormous. Poor management who listen to tell tales from permanent staff. No one was exempt from being talked about even judges. If you have any self worth don’t go there.
Pros
Cons
Staff room to eat in
Unfortunately there is a culture of bullying at this organisation. Work hours are very inflexible for interim staff despite permies coming and going when they feel like it. Very much one rule if you're perm and another if you're interim. I've worked in other Whitehall depts which were great places to be. Didn't understand why the culture is so poisonous here.
Pros
Close to tube
Cons
Awful, bullying Management
I worked for this firm for roughly 3 months. I put in overtime over the weekends but it was pointless. The majority of the staff who were working there were unfriendly, unsupportive people & only would create stress upon stress for me no matter what the situation. Training was poorly managed.
Pros
I learnt a bit more about divorces than I had previously known
Cons
Ungrateful, stress-creating and non-understanding co-workers.
Be prepared to be ganged up on by certain managers honestly I do not know how they got the title they should be ashamed when you question there actions which is a legal right as a citizen of the u.k and certainly allowed you opinion they will be meet behind your back slate you off but nice as pie to your face Snakes is a wrod that comes to mind honestly for your own sanity I wouldn't do it unfortunately a star has to be given but 0 out of 5 stars
Pros
Other staff members
Cons
Terrible 'managers'
The organisation expects too much while cutting staff to the bone...meaning moral is low, with everyone doing the job of two people.Line management are unsupportive and unhelpful.The culture of bullying etc goes unchecked.
Pros
Good holiday entitlement.
Cons
Pay is low. Management need shaking up. Bullying is rife.
Training is lacklustre and poor in quality. Management have very unprofessional attitude, bordering on bullying behaviour. Very prejudicial against people with children! They would regularly tell members of staff that them having children did not fit the needs of the business! negative experience.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Awful management structure
Poor pay, no support, awful culture no thanks no loyalty. No future. No progression. No reward or thanks for hard work. Far to many managers and not enough staff at the coal face
Pros: decent facilities, some parking, supportive colleagues Cons: The actual recruitment process is takes months, the training is terrible, the IT unreliable, induction was totally disorganised. Senior management display aggression and a severe lack of empathy for individual circumstances, bordering on discrimination. This type of behaviour in the workplace is totally unacceptable in 2020
There is a real bullying culture within the MOJ. Outdated ways of working and longer serving employees with grown adult children still have term time only contracts and part time hours. Centralization and talk of moving up North. It's just a waiting game really, hence why they're only giving out fixed term only contracts.
The way the company is set up is brilliant and would be amazing to work for but the management staff are terrible and unwilling to help when you are in need, and rather than do there job and support you they moan at you and other manages that your required help
Interesting place to work. There was no such thing as a typical day in the job. Every day was different. Lots of public interaction. The management were quite responsive to cultural change.
Management is awful, they really have no idea, wouldn't last five minutes in the business world. Training is just as appalling too, they give you two weeks help, then your on your own...loved the job I was doing, but was let go (worked via an agency) because I didn't mix at lunch times, or after work! I can't believe tax payers have pay for someone like me, to be trained up for five months, only to be released because my face didn't fit. Worcester's senior management need to taught on how to deal with people, not just figures!
The Magistrates' Court is changing dramatically. I have completed my duties in a strictly timed manner. The job I have been doing for 30 years have now been centralised and I am now being trained on a different department.
Pros: - Flexible worklife - Great colleagues and managers - Varied work - Chance at progression Cons - Low pay - Outdated facilities - Can spend a whole day looking for files
I loved working at both the Royal Courts of Justice and Southwark Crown Court .You must to be competent in working within time restraints and targets .You must be accurate with your results and always keep yourself updated with produces .
Bad management, berry unprofessional, if your face fits then great, easy work . Managers do not follow procedure s in terms of disciplinary action, and higher management look after managers
Very clicky place to work , very sly Managers side with eachother, people are not nice they are rude and unhelpful Management are appalling for civil service
Pros
Cons
Don't be based downstairs it is a bad atmosphere
I had been working for 12 years and I had to resign , I've been bullied and harrassed by managers and staff , no support from manager being treated like a child in school , I wasnt given even 5 minutes break for coffee in morning, stats were high even couldnt get time to go to bathroom, pressure from management gave me anxiety and finally depression and a bad back and finally with no support from management , I had no choice but to resign ...!
Pay is significantly less than other government departments Benefit package is good though some aspects are convoluted. Managers are hit and miss with some having been trained decades ago with no refresher training as ways of working have developed. Some have no empathy sticking rigidly to the party line. Occasionally you get a good one! Poor behaviour is not dealt with properly or expeditiously.
Never have I worked anywhere In all my working years where the Manager has her chosen employees, her clique list of friends who socialise in work and out of it, they do not include or make you feel welcome if you dont fit into the clique