HMSHost UK

HMSHost UK Pay & benefits reviews

I was working for this company for nearly 1 /2 years, they make promises they don't keep, the management make rules for some and not for others, people are allowed to do whatever they want eg sit on there phones during work hours, only 30 minute break when doing a 10+ hour shift, you have to pay for car parking which is also a 10 minute shuttle bus ride, no free staffmeals.Save you're mental health and go else where.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Everything else
Management are very good and very helpful in being flexible with shifts. Good place to work, everyone is friendly and you fit in quickly. There are good benefits to the job also.
Managers are up their own and contradict themselves on a daily basis. They leave the workers to suffer whilst they pop off for a cigarette every 15/20 minutes, sit in the office or stand on their phones, even though as a worker you will get disciplinary action for being seen on your phone. They also seem to walk into a shift whenever they feel like it, not on time, maybe an hour or two late with no disciplinary action taken, yet workers will get threatened with disciplinary action for being 10/15 minutes late. Managers also shout when you dispose of spoilt stock and tell you to 'just relabel it'. Professional. Managers abuse their powers and show a high lack of respect for their workers. If you have any issues outside of work or if anything is bothering you, do not tell or confide in management as the whole of the restaurant will know by the end of the day. :) There is no way of 'moving up' in the company as, instead of allowing current staff to be trained on new sections, they would rather wait to hire someone to specifically work on that section, causing more stress to the current members of staff. Free staff meals were taken away and hourly pay was meant to be going up. The free staff meals were taken away but the hourly pay never went up. Staff walk out and leave as a result of stress. Management do not seem to care unless it involves someone in management. They also do not rehire staff to replace the ones who leave, so now they are struggling to make up for the high number of staff who have left. The 'casual' racist comments are also disgusting, whether - more...
This used to be a grate place to work, but it is now really bad. All benefits have been taken away without any pay increase. The managers are never around at the busy times, and when they do come to work, they stay in the office, not on the unit Hours are very long a lots of people off sick all the time, but nothing is done about this. There is no training so no real chance of getting a better job with the company Most aof the team are good fun to work with, but lots leave and always new staff with no training
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Very bad management - long hours - early start
Current employee started working at Leon Stansted in April and I am still very much enjoying, since I been here I have had lots of support from management team as well as colleagues,we are all more like a family . I have seen many staff members come and go Airport is not for everyone it is busy and stressful at times but if you have a good team and you are a natural people's person and you are willing to go that extra mile then you can do anything . It is a fun place to work half hour unpaid break but you get a gorgeous meal for free and you also get to work with different nationalities we are a good bunch. For me the best place I have worked .
Pros
Free food good people
Start work at 3am not a problem the problem was when you arrived early you had to wait before you could sign in to work even though they expected you 15 minutes before the shift started, the general manger clueless, no support from managing team. All I can say is good luck if you where thinking about trying to work here
Pros
Team, salary
Cons
Managers, no benefits
Had this misfortune of working for this company for a short time. Minimum wage with promises of pay rises that never came, threats to lose your job on a daily basis. To many chiefs and not enough Indians. Worst company I have ever worked for
Pros
Workforce where good people in fainess
Cons
To many managers stealing a living doing little work
Long hours, with only 30 mins unpaid break, even if you work more than 10 hours. Managers are rude and unprofessional, environment is very pressurising.
I really enjoyed working here and the management are very lovely. They manage the company very well and are very caring towards their staff and offer free meals and free drinks.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long travel
Management are rude and racist. Under paid for the work we do. Always cutting pay by writing wrong hours! Long hours, But made some good friends.Shift work
Pros
nothing
Cons
Long shifts, racist management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HMSHost UK?
I start to work at 5 am. We have a breakfast time until 11 am. I do the service or I prepare the salads for the lunch. I can do every section that there is. And from 11 am starts the lunch service. I learned how to work under pressure because it's always very busy and normally I work in the busiest hours of the day. I think that the management is not always good. My co-workers are very funny and lovely people. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people that work in this place.
Pros
free lunches, coffee, water
Cons
Long hours and opening every day