Hogarth Worldwide

Hogarth Worldwide Employee Reviews

I liked working at Hogarth, as the environment was much healthier than at my previous workplace. It is pretty fast-paced, however, everyone is relaxed as you can find your own pace/order for things as long as you keep priorities in mind. I learned how to organise myself better, like the schedule of my day including when I would take breaks etc. I like that everyone is being treated friendly here, without coming off too strong. I personally do not like environments where coworkers forcibly pretend to be friends with one another or the company tries to paint itself as "hip and young" because the environment would otherwise be quite miserable or too stressful on everyone involved. This is something that I unfortunately have seen with other companies. I prefer the environment I had at Hogarth: You can make friends if you hit it off well of course, but everyone is also just fine being coworkers that get along decently work well together, and the environment is very relaxed and nice. You are much more productive like that, I feel.
Pros
Free breakfast, lots of incentives and benefits, kind and flexible environment
I worked at Hogarth for 6 months as Freelancer and Account Manager. Offices were ok. Management was not. Training was provided by people that were working only 1 month at the company, so I can say that it's the same as nothing. Line managers didn't know how to answer the questions that I have about projects. No flexibility, no leadership and no empathy. Outdated processes, making some tasks quite time-consuming. You don't have any voice on the team, you should only manage the projects and shut up. But the most appalling from the company is the way that they treat the contractor's staff. Despiting receiving plenty of emails inviting to social events at the company, all they had a line at the bottom, "only permanent staff is allowed to participate". So, half of the team would go, and the other part of the team made by contractors would stay at their desks until the time to leave. It's a big company doing the worst practices as a big company. I felt the majority of people there were soulless, just waiting for the opportunity to leave. I would work for them if was my first job. I had plenty of bad jobs in my life that taught me something to start. But with a career already, I would stay far, far away from this company.
Pros
Cons
No flexibility, underpay, bullying environment, no support, no management
If you're looking at joining HWW do so at your own risk, it's career suicide and very few agencies or recruiters around the world will even glance at your CV. Some directors are blatantly rude and use fear tactics along above their dictator approach, constantly over promising to client and expecting the staff to handle the mess they've invited and when deadlines are not met they simply fire or blame others for the mistakes. Seriously struggle to understand how they're still a profitable business through constantly reducing client rates, offshoring to poor quality delivering hubs, lying to clients and major shareholders or trying their best to confuse - overall it's a joke. Most staff are great but unfortunately the general skillset is below average and very few are professionally trained for their profession, worse it seems most don't even know how to flush the loo.
Pros
Some amazing people, great new office at 151, summer Fridays
Cons
Under pay or don't reward loyalty, Disgusting Offices, Shocking HR and Senior Management, Understaffed and most are Unskilled; Bullying and threatening environment
Hogarth is a great place to work and an enjoyable environment. Everyone worked hard and collaborated together and you would all pull together when you needed to.
Fair paid, advanced in technology. great place to work, good communication system. Modern office. World wide/international. work on deadline, work from home
It's good to learn a lot about the industry, especially if you have no experience. don't expect support from management and you'll be thrown under the bus when things go wrong no matter how hard you work
I had 3 line managers in just over 12 months here. All lovely people, but Hogarth is institutionally cut-throat, and not nearly as innovative as they think they are. A few very toxic colleagues which to this day make my skin crawl. Beware the instagrammable employee benefits, they mean nothing.
Amazing people, but not enough resources for volume of work meaning extra hours and few lunch breaks. Company is trying to improve work/life balance by offering flexible hours.
No job security, everybody working there is recycled every month. They much rather fire you than investigate the truth behind shady people's allegations against you. You will physically see people talking about you but you cannot argue with them because it will make you look even worse. When introduced to my colleagues, even my supervisor was asking, "Sorry, what was your name again?" - She didn't bother learning names, she knew there was no point.
Busy work environment, learnt a lot while working here not only about the job but about myself too. Nice people to work with who make the job enjoyable.
Big company that can give you give springboard onto big global accounts. They offer clients full 360 production process and that means you are exposed to all the disciplines, allowing you to learn lots.
Pros
Paid Weekly
A typical day involved working on a whole variety of work. This made this job really interesting, especially since all the work was for big-name clients. I've learnt a lot here since all colleagues here had a varied and wide skill-set, we were constantly bouncing ideas off each other.
I work with really great, hard working people. I feel that advertising still has a long way to go with managing their employees and focusing on their growth. There is still a culture of over working and not enough of a work life balance.
Hogarth can be a great place to work, however this highly depends on one's position and team. Being a junior position, management does not treat one fairly and it feels like having to constantly assert and explain your own employment to the company. Management's default position is that you don't do much and they aren't willing to listen.
A typical day a work; the processing of invoices, weekly payment runs, posting incoming cash receipts, managing accounts, dealing with queries and any other ad-hoc duties. A have learned a lot in the past 20 months. I have learned that I am a motivated hard worker who always has to make sure that targets are completed and deadlines have been met. The people I work with make the company what it is - a fun, young and stylish place to work. if you like a challenge, this is the place to be! The hardest part of the job is that we are currently understaffed. We have to make sure all work is prioritised and juggled to make sure everything is completed before month end.
Pros
a fun hard-working, result driven environment
Cons
hour can be long - typically at month end