Holiday Inn Express and Suites logo
Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Employee Reviews

Found 123 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,350 reviews

Hard work but good team of staff

Part time hours, paid above minimum wage. Physical works but a great team of housekeepers willing to help each other in times of need. Four weeks paid holiday per year. Flexibility within shifts if managers given notice. Friendly in house staff.

Don’t do it!

No work life balance, finishing one shift and going back into work after 5 hours sleep if you’re lucky, very clicky, if you’re face fits your ok, if not they will make you feel rubbish until you leave, no working fire alarms, expected to work night shifts on your own

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance and poor pay

The worst company ever

DO NOT ever work at holiday inn express Croydon. The place was such a nightmare. The management really really bad. No training, no work security, no awareness.

Awful place to work

The management are horrible not trusty worthy or honest they say one thing and go behind your back the next. They only care about is money not the staff

Very bad place to work

HR manager threatened to sack me if I went to see my nan in hospital, when I had already spoken to the manager who hired me and he made it out it was okay so when the day came i went and they sacked me a couple of weeks later.

General manager was great.

Job was completely fine as I was nightshift and was away from mostly everyone. General manager was great. Very understanding and did all she could to help with any problems. Almost all other staff specifically 2 duty managers and few other people who worked there where gossips and liked to make stories up regarding myself and other staff.

Pros

General manager.

Cons

Duty managers specifically backshift

Under inexperienced supervisors

Under unexperienced supervisers. Feel they would benefit if they had some training in how to speak to staff and attitude and Manor they use when communicating with staff.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Poor staff moral

A typical day at work

Been there for 5 years now and never had a pay rise which I find applying. I really love working with the public every day is a challenge never 2 days alike.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Working late shifts

Dire filthy place

One of the filthiest places to work in. They expect you to clean a room in 10 mins and threaten you with dismissal if you take longer. I took longer because it needed it and got threats every day. Management is really poor and the boss of the housekeeping is not a very nice or decent person. I eventually had enough and just didn't go back after a few weeks of absolute rubbish from the house keeping boss and disgust of what i seen as under equipped and over worked staff who just were caught in a rutt and every day you could see how fed up they were.

Pros

Cons

under equipped and no real help (from anyone)

nice to work there learn a lot

I leant how to check in and out people. problem solving. Take reservation on the phone and face to face. serving drinks at the bar. managing during breakfast time.

Jobs at Holiday Inn Express and Suites

See more jobs

Horrendous management!

Don’t know where to start. The kitchen staff are amazing all work so hard and are very friendly down to earth people. The managements attitude here is disgusting to say the least! Was treated like poorly the whole time, ignored daily by staff members and would get scalded for mistakes even though no training was provided. Most of the office team are related so certain staff get favoured over others. Most of the staff sit in the back office taking about other staff members, including the manager! I will never work for this company ever again. There is a high staff percentage that leave due to being treated badly! Think twice before applying here!.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, lazy staff, no training, awful pay

Hard work

I worked as an f & b attendant for a year and it was fun but splits are a must if you want to be full time and maybe if you were part time it would be a nice environment but it's full on for the whole time you're there breakfast is free for everyone so you just have to cook and serve as fast as you can! Dinners are even worse as you are cooking, washing up and serving continuously from start to finish on shift

Pros

IHG employee hotel discounts make every holiday cheaper, you have half all food and Beverage your entire stay!

Cons

Support from reception is minimal to none, if you think because they're are others on shift they will help you would be wrong, they will simply come and blame you!

Positivo

Excelente empresa se valora el trabajo en grupo e individual. Y reconocimiento cada año al empleado y manager de la empresa

Pros

Costo de vida bajo

Cons

Alejado de Londres

Hours

found i was travelling to work on occasion to work for 2 hours then would have 3 days off , when I did get the hours it was good but found it didn't add up to the 16 hours a week I had been promised

Pros

good team

Cons

not enough hours

Real great place to work, the owner is a brilliant guy who is not frightened of getting stuck in and helping out his staff, I learned a lot in my time especially from the owner who gave me loads of confidence, the only real reason for leaving my role was I had a baby daughter on the way at the time and needed to to earn more money to support her. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to work.

Pros

Family/ Team environment

Cons

Low Salary

Productive and fun workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Holiday Inn Express, and the Holiday Inn. I felt that I developed alot of essential profession & hospiality skills with them, from customer service to money managment. It benefitted me greatly learing about product and how it is placed. How every bit of information has to be put into the system, so that every thing can be traced. Some of these organisational skills transcend into everyday life. On the negative side companies like this ignore how important good staff are and tend to have a large staff turnover, which does not benifit them. Guests who stay regularly look to see familar faces and names they know, they like to be greeted by name.

Pros

Developement of skills. Understanding Product.

Cons

Long hours. Low pay.

Horrendous

Where to begin, management absolutely horrific, the manager at Sheffield is a bully, she’s ignorant and unprofessional. Talks about other members of staff. The owner has no manners whatsoever. I worked there for under a year and never had a conversation with him, simply ignorant. If your face doesn’t fit, you will never be happy working at the sheffield branch.

Hard work

I am going to be honest i don’t think the compensation was enough compare to the amount of work that needed to be done. Not to mention I wasn’t compensated at all if i didn’t make it on time (this would only happen if the rooms were particularly dirty). Overall I don’t think it is worth it. It is better to save your back (because it sure will hurt if you work as a housekeeper) and try to get a better job.

Cons

Many

Easy going

working the night shift presented a mixture of different scenarios on the average day from unexpected arrivals to serving drinks of all kind to groups. while wronging here there were multiple changes in both, operation managers and manager overall the nights which were the busier with people would be more enjoyable as the repetitive nature of the job was rather robotic after getting acquainted with everything

Pros

free food, 4 on 4 off rota basis (for the most part)

Cons

10 hour shifts

I'd still be there

Fantastic to work for and with, I wouldn't of left if it wasn't for family reasons. Loved working here I held several positions in the company started in the kitchen then went to night shift front of house then nights supervisor there are opportunities for progression and training is always available

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

I didn't really experience any

New everyday

Each day does bring a different challenge, it can be slow paced or extremely fast paced. There can tend to be struggles and a lot of change for shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement