Holiday Inn

United Kingdom1,614 reviews

Found 1,614 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,262 reviews
hotelholidayguestunsociablereceptionfreerotabar

Great hotel

Brilliant company and staff! Just a shame my pay was the same as a maids pay despite being a supervisor with more responsibility and hours worked was double that of a maid

fast paced and exciting environment

Every day is different in the hospitality industry and you will either love it or hate it. The fast paced environment is exhilarating and keeps the adrenaline going.

Insights into Holiday Inn

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

A positive and well-supported work place

I worked here whilst and university and had moved away from home. The new family I adopted whilst at work was incredible, they offered me so much support and guidance and I was taught so much. I have now left this job, but with a heavy heart. I have applied so many of the skills I’ve learnt here to my new job. I will be forever grateful.

Pros

Opportunities to progress in your career.

Started well, ended poorly

I started working in conferences pre-pandemic and loved it, had a fantastic boss and the tasks were varied and engaging. When we came back I was moved to food and beverage and it was really poor high expectations for poor pay, unprofessional staff and all around bad deal of a job. Maybe it's better now, we were very understaffed at the time.

Fun but stressfull

The staff were great, how ever the company expected you to do more and more and cut back the staff more and more which left you feeling stressed. Had a lot of different managers during my years there, some great, some not great.

Pros

Food available, Nice Staff

Cons

Workload kept increasing and less staff

Toxic work environment

If you care for your mental health, please do not work here! The treatment from those above you is beyond shocking. Expect long hours, bad pay and no sense of belonging.…please please avoid

Very stressful and unorganised

I',ve been working for 2 years and few months in this hotel and I can say it is the worst environment work place I ever worked and I have got more than 15 years experience in hospitality industry. It is so stressful and unorganised, nobody cares about the staff, the managers don't know how to lead a team, they don't train the people or show around. They treat the people very bad.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Long hours and bad treatment.

Productive and fun work place

I really enjoyed my time working there. I worked with some really nice people, who took the time to explain how things worked. In addition to that, I was given room to expand myself.

Pros

Nice workplace

Cons

Sometimes mundane

Great place to work with great staff

Staff here are excellent and always up to give the guest the best possible service.Senior managers at the company need to buy into the companies family attitude.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Wages could be alot better

Stressful and Unfair

Do not work here!!! Current manager can be at times hurtful and toxic. Staff are not respected and new part time staff are given 40 hour weeks from the start with little to no training. £9.50 an hour pay but not worth it!!!

Never again

Awful. There is no other word to describe the Telford hotel. Management are vile. Money poor. Work load unrealistic. Have a family or social life? Forget it.

Let Go

Worked here for 2 weeks on a casual contract. While on reception I was offered a position in the restaurant and accepted it, due to start the beginning on next month. I was emailed last minute about how I wasn’t needed for the future reception shifts and that the offer of going to the restaurant was no longer there. Also “We wish you all the best for the future”. No explanation at all!!! I emailed back to ask for the reason and received and email back stating “I will pass your email on and someone will contact you in due course”. Yeah fantastic thing to do to people in a cost of living crisis.

Draining workplace

If you expect good pay please look somewhere else If you expect paid breaks won’t find that there either however what you will find “staff food” that most of the time is uneatable Way too much gossip and management does pick favourites so most of the time you will have to do everything by yourself while others couldn’t care less and still you will be the one asked if everything was done

Pros

Some of the team is nice

Fast-paced. Good for first job

This was my first proper career. I worked as a conference and events assistant, and I really enjoyed the nature of the job being every day was different. The only negative thing I have to say is that the shifts can sometimes be very long and difficult, especially during christmas and new year. It was a good job to get me into waitressing.

Pros

Free food during shifts

Just don’t.

Over worked UnderpaidBad management apart form front of house and reception (the only departments where the managers care) Greedy penny pinching company to work for. Claim to put staff first but really don’t care about you. But nice friendly floor staff easy to get along with.

Pros

Great front of house team to work with

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Toxic environment

Very stressful, no leadership, poor management. Extremely poor product. Would not recommend. Bad food, really bad rooms. High turnover. Bad moral, not very nice people to work for. Do not work for this company.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Management never satisfied, bad culture

Outstanding

Holiday Inn Hotels are great place to work. Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport Nec hotel is one of the best hotel with great team. I am really happy to work here.

Pros

Free food, staff rate

Productive and a most the time an enjoyable place to work ignoring the management style which can be improve

The Staff here are some of the nicest people I’ve ever had the pleasure to work here with and I do enjoy my time here but I would not recommend working here unless your strong willed and determined because there can be stressful aspects to it but that’s just to be expected in the hospitality sector so going into this with past experience with Hospitality I would say is highly recommend

Bad management, Underappreciated, bad and unfair pay

Will make u cover shifts, have u doing to many things at once and expect u to do it within a time that isn’t possible. Worked their over a year, they hardly said thank you but all they will is make u feel poorly about your self and your work

Family friendly

I enjoy My 14 years there best hotel ever. Very friendly staff and they are like family up there. Always look out for each other and always have banter and a good laugh to.

Terrible place to be

Terrible place to work, terrible manager nothings good enough, no work life balance everything is always your fault can’t believe I even wasted my time working there do not apply for the job and waste your time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement