Holland & Barrett
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Holland & Barrett Employee Reviews

United Kingdom642 reviews

Great depending on your store

Can be very rewarding at times. Company expects a lot from just store colleagues for what they are paid. Very fast paced and lots of training before being allowed on shop floor.

Holland’s and Barrett’s

Great company to work for great management team. Feel positive about the whole experience and paid well. I’m encouraged to do well and succeed all my targets

Poor work life balance

Staff are treated as disposable by the higher ups. Very stressful with unreasonable sales targets. Lone working is prevalent which makes for a dangerous work environment in case of shop lifters

Pros

Management try their best

Cons

Low pay

fun and caring

very flexible, meaningful, flexible, fun, happy place to work. always something to do. would work here. close to home so easy travel. also includes fun training.

Pros

training

Stressful and Exploitive

Impossible to get everything done in working hours. Staff work hours without pay which becomes the norm. Ridiculous expectations. Greedy company who will not employ enough staff. Pressured and stressful. The only good thing was nice colleagues.

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Too many

Not the best

I worked here a few years ago and there was a lot to learn there was bad management and was just generally unpleasant atmosphere. The commission was good but that has since been removed

Pros

Commission

Cons

management ( not store)

Deceptive, unfair, no integrity, toxic and unsupportive.

Pros.Nothing to be mentioned.ConsLack of integrityLack of supportVery low salaryUnfair and biased opportunity allocationIdiotic managers (they do not know their job and use manipulation and overpowering to get things done)Incredibly low value trainingStaff cheat on their exams and pay the managers to get promoted.Not a place for a decent person let alone a professional.

Very nice company to work for.

Been at Holland and Barretts for just over two years and I really like it. Its very professional and the management and other workers are very nice and friendly.

Pros

Pay increases, lovely staff, you get to learn a lot.

Cons

Depending on availability shifts can only be part time.

Face paced and engaging

It was really fun working at Holland and Barrett. I worked in the Brent cross branch and the staff there are all amazing and go above and beyond to help you. I would say though that the training is very intense, but if you keep on top of it you'll be OK.

Pros

Get to learn loads while working

Cons

Training can be difficult

Slow paced and boring

Expected to work weeks on end without a day off as a supervisor while other colleagues aren’t expected to do any overtime

Target Obsessed

Management don't care about anything, except whether you've hit your personal targets. Nothing else matters. No matter how much overtime you do, how hard you graft in store, if you don't get those loyalty cards out, or sell product focus, your job is on the line. Less pressure to hit targets in a call centre.

Great learning potential

Great place to work with regards to learning and development.Challenges come in with regards to people that you work with and their flexibility. Sometimes there is a very big culture of me, me, me

Great place

Amazing place to work and further your career if you want to. Even tho they offer part time contracts there is always overtime available. Job security aswell.

Pros

Training

Cons

Nice people but slightly boring at times

The job was fun as it involved speaking to people and recommending products etc. That’s if there were a lot of customers and if they actually needed help, otherwise I’d mainly be stacking shelves. Lone trading was normal as sometimes it would be really quiet. Only issue was my contract was 20 hours but I’d always have 35+ hours on the rota. Luckily I didn’t mind the extra shifts. There was room for progression if extra training was completed, done in your own time. The pay overall was good.

The shifts were good and flexible. Till training and product training was very thorough and useful, laid back job and good place to work part time whilst at uni

Fun and relaxed work place

Very nice colleagues with a relaxed and nicely paced store. The company also pays well with a recent rise in pay to over 10 pounds.Very good experience!

dont go

so unoriganised and so unimpressed! considering this company is about health and wellbeing i would like to think theyd care about employees. the rota is always changing a day before! your concerns are not heard and i am disappointed by the company

Great At Times But....

After being with the company for nearly 15 years training is plentiful.I worked alongside many managers and team members, always happy to help and a great bunch of people.Good work/life balance never had any issues.Discounts are really good plus free samples for new products.Only downside is you are expected to know a great deal of information to help your customer and this information must be correct as you are dealing with that individuals health and wellbeing.

Holland and Barrett is an excellent place to work the staff and management team are very friendly and welcoming. The training can be hard work but definitely worth it.

A lot of work which customers don't expect

Working at H&B you will soon realise that you are basically an underpaid doctor. You will spend your day talking to people who want to take weigh-loss products and expect to lose 5 stone in a week, or people looking for herbal medication who think this will drastically help them. You will also have exams to complete about products and ingredients to keep your job. This worked for me and has given me a lot of knowledge for skincare, but it just depends on where you see yourself in the future

Not an enjoyable place to work due to poor management.

I started Training at Holland & Barrett last month. The training was inadequate, the manageress did not have a clue what to train me up on. I was offererd 3 shifts throughout the week but on my first day I was told I had to work every Saturday and Sunday without a weekend off. The manageress was not helpful at all, aggressive behavior and smoked constantly at the fire exit. Not a nice place to train or work. I do belive the Inverness store would benefit more if new management could be gained .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holland & Barrett. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement