HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL
View all HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL reviews

HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL

HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL Employee Review

Exciting, Challenging and Rewarding!

I have been working at Holland Park School for 11 years now. Ever since I joined this institution, I felt a sense of belonging, purpose and most importantly feel a huge part of the success achieved by all of our students. The leadership Team at the school demand that our students have access to excellent teaching and an exceptional learning environment. I have found that throughout my time at HPS, The leadership Team has offered me support and guidance every step of the way, and provided me with opportunities to reach my full potential in an exciting and ever changing career. Yes there are always challenges, but they are always matched with even greater reward and successes. From the first day you join HPS you immediately appreciate and recognise that this is no ordinary school, but something really special that you can be a part and thrive. The design of the building and the stunning classrooms are out of this world, you immediately feel a sense of privilege being able to call this place work. 11 years on and I still feel there is more to come along this exciting journey, I thank my lucky stars that I can say, I am a part of Holland Park Secondary School.

Pros

Challenges and Rewards

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Horrific place to work

Awful, toxic environment. I worked at least 70hrs a week to get by, nothing was good enough, I did not feel valued or respected. Having nice candles and expensive paint on the walls was more of a priority than providing teachers with sufficient printing credit, equipment, and LSAs for students with needs.

Pros

Students and colleagues are nice (except SLT)

Cons

Everything.

Terrifying management

Unacceptable management style. Bullying management culture pupil are enjoyable and talented. Clear space to work and direction on what needs to be done

Pros

Professional environment

Cons

Poor management

Lovely kids, unacceptable management

The management preyed on inexperienced teachers who know no better: the stress and expectations placed on staff here were neither normal nor necessary.NQTs who worked a minimum of 12 hours per day - plus weekends - were idolised rather than helped. Other staff were made to feel guilty for going to the gym or making half term plans.Lessons were theatrical, in that they were largely for show - as were many of the school’s burdensome, legalistic, and frankly excessive policies. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Lovely kids

Cons

Long hours, culture of fear

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL with

• HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL
  • Exciting, Challenging and Rewarding!