HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL
View all HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL reviews

HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL

HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL Employee Review

Terrifying management

Unacceptable management style. Bullying management culture pupil are enjoyable and talented. Clear space to work and direction on what needs to be done

Pros

Professional environment

Cons

Poor management

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Horrific place to work

Awful, toxic environment. I worked at least 70hrs a week to get by, nothing was good enough, I did not feel valued or respected. Having nice candles and expensive paint on the walls was more of a priority than providing teachers with sufficient printing credit, equipment, and LSAs for students with needs.

Pros

Students and colleagues are nice (except SLT)

Cons

Everything.

Lovely kids, unacceptable management

The management preyed on inexperienced teachers who know no better: the stress and expectations placed on staff here were neither normal nor necessary.NQTs who worked a minimum of 12 hours per day - plus weekends - were idolised rather than helped. Other staff were made to feel guilty for going to the gym or making half term plans.Lessons were theatrical, in that they were largely for show - as were many of the school’s burdensome, legalistic, and frankly excessive policies. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Lovely kids

Cons

Long hours, culture of fear

Inspiring a student-focused culture

It is a joy to work at Holland Park School and feel the strength of the teamwork and mutual loyalty among colleagues. The fulcrum of the school's activities are the students, and we the teaching staff are impelled by our determination to ensure a happy and successful future for them. Each teacher's unique set of skills is valued and respected by senior school leaders, and there is a collaborative and creative approach to the task of helping each staff member realise their full potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL with

• HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL
  • Terrifying management
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?