HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL

United Kingdom26 reviews

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Exciting and Challenging Environment

I have worked in many schools and I can say that working at Holland Park was a pleasure. It was a great opportunity to work with excellent colleagues and be exposed to a professional and career centered enviroment.

Fast Paced and professional setting

I am approaching my twentieth year now that I have been working at Holland Park School. In the time that I have worked at HPS I have seen the changes that have been good for the students and staff. NQTs have gone on to become Leadership or leading practitioners. Staff development has always been crucial to the development of the school I am proud to be part of institution that strives and continues to improve the welfare and the wellbeing of students. I have seen the constructive changes that has led to HPS being a teaching school. I feel I have been lucky to be part of an institution that is consistently determined to give every student from whatever their background the opportunity to gain decent grades or outstanding grades to support them with the challenges that lay ahead for them. I am proud that my line manager is a teacher who I witnessed going from being a maths teacher to a lead teacher and then on to a member of the leaderships team.Being from the local community, I remember a time when parents didn’t want their children to attend the school as it had a bad reputation, however now it is the total opposite. Parents’ evenings were embarrassing, now it is the complete opposite as parents are extremely keen to attend parents’ and open events. When I started the exam results were in the 30th percentile but now they are in the 90th percentile. I believe that teachers and associate staff are treated as valued members of HPS. As they say, to make a perfect curry you need every ingredient just like Holland Park School needs all teachers and staff to play their -

Pros

Job security, holidays, staff

Insights into HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Exciting, Challenging and Rewarding!

I have been working at Holland Park School for 11 years now. Ever since I joined this institution, I felt a sense of belonging, purpose and most importantly feel a huge part of the success achieved by all of our students. The leadership Team at the school demand that our students have access to excellent teaching and an exceptional learning environment. I have found that throughout my time at HPS, The leadership Team has offered me support and guidance every step of the way, and provided me with opportunities to reach my full potential in an exciting and ever changing career. Yes there are always challenges, but they are always matched with even greater reward and successes. From the first day you join HPS you immediately appreciate and recognise that this is no ordinary school, but something really special that you can be a part and thrive. The design of the building and the stunning classrooms are out of this world, you immediately feel a sense of privilege being able to call this place work. 11 years on and I still feel there is more to come along this exciting journey, I thank my lucky stars that I can say, I am a part of Holland Park Secondary School.

Pros

Challenges and Rewards

Invested

I have been teaching here for nearly 6 years. I have felt as though I have been invested in by leaders over the years to ensure that I am a reflective practitioner that strives their best for the benefit of students. My confidence has improved two - fold and with that, so has my practice. I have had regular opportunities for professional development and progressed in my role and responsibilities at the right time for me in my career. I have achieved way more than I thought I was able to. I feel as though I have had an element of freedom with schemes of work and planning trips and feel comfortable going to managers with new ideas. Standards are high but that's what makes the school "outstanding".I would recommend working at Holland Park if you wish to become the best practitioner you are capable of being.

Pros

Investment

Rich in knowledge

Learnt to think like a librarian. Useful experience - cataloguing books, authorising loans etc... Also helped find books I might like much easier and i would really recommend it.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement