HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL

United Kingdom26 reviews

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits

Lovely kids, unacceptable management

The management preyed on inexperienced teachers who know no better: the stress and expectations placed on staff here were neither normal nor necessary.NQTs who worked a minimum of 12 hours per day - plus weekends - were idolised rather than helped. Other staff were made to feel guilty for going to the gym or making half term plans.Lessons were theatrical, in that they were largely for show - as were many of the school’s burdensome, legalistic, and frankly excessive policies. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Lovely kids

Cons

Long hours, culture of fear

Exciting, Challenging and Rewarding!

I have been working at Holland Park School for 11 years now. Ever since I joined this institution, I felt a sense of belonging, purpose and most importantly feel a huge part of the success achieved by all of our students. The leadership Team at the school demand that our students have access to excellent teaching and an exceptional learning environment. I have found that throughout my time at HPS, The leadership Team has offered me support and guidance every step of the way, and provided me with opportunities to reach my full potential in an exciting and ever changing career. Yes there are always challenges, but they are always matched with even greater reward and successes. From the first day you join HPS you immediately appreciate and recognise that this is no ordinary school, but something really special that you can be a part and thrive. The design of the building and the stunning classrooms are out of this world, you immediately feel a sense of privilege being able to call this place work. 11 years on and I still feel there is more to come along this exciting journey, I thank my lucky stars that I can say, I am a part of Holland Park Secondary School.

Pros

Challenges and Rewards

Insights into HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Invested

I have been teaching here for nearly 6 years. I have felt as though I have been invested in by leaders over the years to ensure that I am a reflective practitioner that strives their best for the benefit of students. My confidence has improved two - fold and with that, so has my practice. I have had regular opportunities for professional development and progressed in my role and responsibilities at the right time for me in my career. I have achieved way more than I thought I was able to. I feel as though I have had an element of freedom with schemes of work and planning trips and feel comfortable going to managers with new ideas. Standards are high but that's what makes the school "outstanding".I would recommend working at Holland Park if you wish to become the best practitioner you are capable of being.

Pros

Investment

Demanding but rewarding place to work

It is a fast-paced, professional environment. The students are wonderful and the leadership team are inspiring.  We all work hard but I am proud of what we achieve.

Repetitive yet rewarding

Although it was a volunteering role meaning that I did not have a salary, the job was still somehow rewarding as I felt as though I was genuinely helping people when returning books, maintaining the order of books e.t.c.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOLLAND PARK SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement