Hollywood Bowl Group

Hollywood Bowl Group Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time here some of the time. It has a high staff turnover, most of the time understaffed so you feel stressed as the customers feel it too! This makes our customer service poor and leads to complaints. Under appreciated and paid for what is expected and if you want a promotion you have a fat chance. Pay is bad . Breaks don’t exist. No recognition for your hard work, no Xmas do’s or bonus. Managers push for more so they can get a hefty bonus. Having said that I enjoyed the atmosphere, some of the people I worked with, and the flexibility to swap shifts if needed.
Pros
Free bowling, paid break if you got one
Cons
Understaffed, stressful, underpaid
Good place to work but people who work there do not get paid enough.Should be more equal pay between all people above and team.Should be more recognition for team also.
Dispite the current climate the company have looked after the Team. I work in the Leicester centre and the sense of family and pulling together is an ethic that not many companies have. I am always proud to say I work their and the management are really supportive. By far the best job I have had.
Pros
Free bowling
Cons
Minimum wage
I would have to do more then my job role. I was put on the bar with on one to help, with only 10 minutes of training. I was the most experienced lane host after only a few months working there. If you work here you need to have a strong back bone, think skin, a very good immune system because everyone got sick, and be ready to suffer after, I now have anxiety and depression.
Pros
Free bowling, and where I met my BF
Cons
EVERYTHING else
The team are amazing, all close friends and enjoy eachother company everyone from upper management down to the cleaners.The shifts can be really quite and easy one moment and then rushed off your feet the next, which can become stressful when you're suddenly doing 5 or more things at once and expected to do all simultaneously dispite all the tasks being in vastly different locations within the centre.The best things, is the 4 free games you gey each month, within your first year you'll be bowling better than the rest of your family, friends for sure!Honestly if you want a fun, busy and rarely boring job, then this is the one.
Pros
Great atmosphere, Great Team, Super fun
Cons
Stressful multitasking
Is a really good first job. team are good to work with and helpful. Teaches you skills you need for any job. Great for people lookin to start earning some money while figuring out what they want to do later on in life. Some shifts are fun some shifts are stressful just depends on what type of customers walk thru those doors each day :P
Pros
great team. 50% off food and drink on shift. 4 games of bowlin a month
Cons
Late finishes. sometimes stressful shifts
I got this job as a part time job around my studies at uni. I was working in the diner, as someone who hadn't had much experience working in a kitchen it was intimidating at first however it wasn't too hard to learn and there was a book with a guide for all the possible food items. Me and the rest of the diner staff did a good job at pre-portioning food to make everything easier and run faster. There was times I was working in the diner alone trying to prepare a lot of food orders which at times could be overwhelming. Especially if I was cooking a buffet or party alongside standard orders. Most of the staff where incredible friendly and helpful, as well as some member of mangement. However I personally had a few problems working there. The first being management was not understanding I was a uni student so I had to turn down extra opportunities at uni to go into work (I needed the money from this job so couldn't just not turn up or quit). There was multiple occasions I was closing the diner alone, and was left to clean everything while other staff who had finished closing their areas would sit and play pool instead of helping me out, so I could end up finishing a lot later then I should have which again didn't help if I had a 9am lecture the next day. The worst however was the management view on mental health, during my time working their I got diagnosed with anxiety and depression. A few times on shift if working in the diner alone with no help in a busy period with a load of orders would trigger a panic attack. I would ask for help on the radio, and as soon as I began - more...
Pros
free bowling
Cons
Stressful
The place is awful to work, constant stress, lack of support, constant harassment, not enough staff to work comfortably but that comes down to not enough staff on the books due to massive turn over in staff. The management structure is a joke, the higher management will purpoosely bully individuals until they leave the company especially the HR exec.
Pros
Cons
late nights, you lose yoir entire life to work for these jokers.
This is a great place for a first time job or for some extra cash. I met some great people which made shifts enjoyable, even most of the management was pretty cool. Pay was a let down, but there's a few ok benefits but nothing wowing. I left simply after busting my guts for 6 months straight because I was told I could be a bar team leader after all my previous efforts and was constantly parred off so I no longer felt valued and decided to leave as my heart wasn't in it anymore. There is a training course to train team members to be an AM (Assistant Manager) everyone I know that did it while I worked there said it was terrible, the only benefit is that they could put that title on their CV but wasn't actually what they was told it would be
There is a lot I could say about this job... the pay is appalling - fully minimum minimum wage, expected to work ridiculous hours (even 1/2am), definitely over-worked. Get paid fortnightly so get a boost during the month but paychecks are small for the hours worked. You do get paid overtime
Pros
Staff discount, friendly staff members, badges given for meeting certain targets paid overtime, paid fortnightly
Cons
Long/late hours, limited training or support from management, poor management, people get away with drinking, drugs and far too much on shift, pay is appalling (lowest as possible), high staff turnover
typical minimum wage job. Overworked, underpayed and undervalued. Zero hour contracts and I had to clean up poo in the toilets with inadequate PPE. 20 minute lunch break is not enough to do anything.
Pros
free bowling
Cons
worst job ive ever had
Absolutely terrible place to work. Management useless. Company expects you to do everything. Treat youngsters really badly and exploit them frequently. All for the minimum wage. Always understaffed, I wonder why !
Pros
Free bowling
Cons
Everything else
can be stressful if you're on tour own on busy days and will take a few calls on raduos to eventually get the help you need from management, very young team needs a few older more experienced team to come in and show youngsters how it should be done
Hollywood bowl group is very good with people with kids as it’s easy hours and they are flexible with your school times with having your little ones in school and when you can go to pick them up
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Working overtime on minimum wage
There's a reason why they constantly have so many open vacancies - because everyone gets put off and quits, or even gets fired!! Company only defend themselves and don't care about your wellbeing. Students were constantly used for overtime and under 18s were often made to work until at least 12am sometimes starting at 10am next morning. Was a good beginning and had real potential that turned into a worse ending. Met some good friends for life there though - that is about the only benefit! On the whole very poor and often very biased management.
Pros
Discounted food, paid breaks, paid holiday
Cons
Poor management, no care for wellbeing, unsociable hours, understaffed shifts, stressful environment
Worked with some really friendly people and had fun working with them but management had obvious favourites and didn’t care much about well being. Students contracted for part time get put on full time hours, purposely understaff you to save on payroll and then complain when your ability to serve customers well suffers, and pick and choose who the rules apply to. Qualified people were turned down jobs because they already knew some employees (family/friends/etc) but turned a blind eye to employees dating even though it interfered with how they worked together on shift. That, and the pay and benefits are low for the workload they gave some of us. Honestly I loved my actual job and have made good friends out of some of my colleagues but the way that centre was managed is not worth it if you don’t want drama or you want to have a life outside of it.
I had been going here since I was a baby, loved the place. I was very much a regular, especially as I got older, my mate and I would always make time to go. We loved it so much we wanted to work there. HUGE mistake. While I found bartending a lot of fun, the behind-the-scenes of Hollywood Bowl was miserable. The managers was awful people, extremely unfair and spoke to us like scum, except for one who of which I later found out was fired for an honest mistake. At the time I was 20 years old and was only paid ÂŁ5.30 an hour of which I was only doing part-time, they then cut my days down to 2 and my friend down to 1 just because we asked for a certain day off and last but not least, I was threatened that I'd be fired if I couldn't get someone to fill in my position when I had an extremely personal family matter going on at home. That's when I quit. It was a lot of fun going there to hang out, but never again would I work somewhere that I enjoy. If I could give it 0 stars, I would.
No one day was ever the same. Dealing various different issues each day kept me on my toes. Customer interaction was always a key part of Hollywood Bowl and i always felt valued.
I did love working here and still do miss my job. However management changed a lot and the new manager is not great he clearly has favourites. We are often under appreciated for the amount we do on shift. The place is big and has numerous work stations. No one was allocated a work space so we had to organise all of that ourselves. The staff themselves are wonderful. Very welcoming however there is a huge turnover rate and no one usually stays for long. It is very fast pace and does keep you on your toes. You have to be ready to take on multiple jobs at once and do over time we are also understaffed a lot of the time
A good place to work if under 25 or only looking part time (16 hrs ) say as will work on a shift pattern that you have no control over as such or which area you will be working sometimes
When I first joined I love it, the management and rest of the team were amazing and it felt like a close knit team to be in. However as managers changed and the team changed, the communication fell and resulted in rotas being terrible for everyone and a feeling of nothing being done to improve the situation. The management team mean well but aren't on the same page so there are many mixed signals about what is expected.