Holroyd Howe

Holroyd Howe Employee Reviews

Insights into Holroyd Howe

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Terrible satellite management

Not a great company to work for. Work alone on your own merit then the area manager comes in and pretends to know what they are doing, serves a few lunches then is not seen for weeks

Pros

None.

Cons

No true feedback, told I was rubbish after I left

Horrendous

What they promise as an employer is the exact opposite to what they deliver. You really are treated like a number by this company. No support. Exceptionally poor management. Its their way or the highway. I found them to be the most deceitful employer I have ever worked for. I would strongly advise against working for them. Procedures not followed correctly, withhold pay, double standards & very false. Not only employee's should be wary of working for them but companys who hire them should be aswell. Worst employer I have ever known.

Pros

Cons

One sided company, all take & no give

Lucky im still alive !

Some bosses great, others awful. When complaining not believed and nothing done about it.Management a joke.Haven't got a clue about mental health, so had to leave to save my sanity !

Pros

Free dinner

Cons

Management treating you like rubbish and not caring.

Avoid

No help from managment, you have to check your wages all the time... Have to be flexible from mon-sun 7:30am-7:30pm. Rota is different every week you can not have a plan as the rota is never done in time. Not replacing staff who left just expect you to work faster what is not safe at all. Manager talks to the staff rude and unprofessional. No respect at all. It is a shame because it was a lovely place before.

Poor management

Avoid going to work here, no real training given they just go through the motions. Managers expect you to work overtime when none of them can be bothered to work over the weekend so your just left to it, bonus if you smoke you can nip.off all the time nobody pays attentions to breaks especially after 5pm they have all gone home.

Pros

Free food on duty

Cons

Long hours poor pay

Productive place to work

I have worked for holroyd howe for many years. I have seen many people come and go. Holroyd howe is a good company to work for. It is hard work and a fast working pace but are not all catering establishments. We are guaranteed a least week off every 6 or 7 weeks which is a massive bonus for catering industry. We try and have fun and a laugh every day. Which helps at stressful times.

Pros

Free lunches when in duty and long holidays

Cons

Minimum wage

Productive, long hours and minimal pay.

If your face fits you will be fine. Long hours, ended up working every weekend and mid morning until late evening. No training, literally learn on your feet and no support from management. Very clicky environment and no thanks for any extras that you might do.

Pros

School holidays off

Cons

Poor pay and long/ unsociable hours.

Shocking company

Worst company to work for, no understanding or support whatsoever, especially when you work your socks off to help the company out with no thanks whatsoever.. even doing shift and not getting paid as wasn’t asked to apparently, obs managers even worse

Pros

Teen time

Cons

No respect or understanding

Awful

If you want me to be honest the worst job I’ve ever had, for me and the places I’ve worked in the past food and flavour come first to anything with this company all they want is to s**** plastic trinkets to serve everything on for me is a joke, wasn’t happy from the get go and for me to he place as fed on life’s, and I’m sure if top level management knew what was going on wouldn’t be happy at all, cause if it was me I’d be fuming, be carful people, would never speak highly of Holroyd Howe ever!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Boo

Poor management treat staff terribly

This company will get rid of you in the blink of an eye if they want to and there is nothing you can do about it. If your face doesn’t fit then you’re in trouble !!There is such a lack of communication, they also have ridiculous ideas, they are more interested in how the food looks than what it tastes like.This is probably why they are always advertising for staff, this is a. company that puts money before health and staff welfare.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Lack of communication, poor treatment

Avoid

The most poorly managed place I have ever worked in my long career as a chef. Kitchen team seriously under staffed and under appreciated. It seemed as though the company had taken this prestigious contact with no idea of how to manage it apart from as spending as little as possible on staffing & stock. A physically & emotionally draining experience.

Pros

Toilet Facilities

Cons

Understaffed, Incompetent management, constant repetitve online training which is not fully paid

Great company to work for

Great schools, great staff, good variety of schools from prep, boarding, senior. Creative teams, good management, could do with more northern bases schools.

Pros

Good pay, great colleagues, great schools, good management

Cons

No company car for the role I had .

Good work/home life balance

Holroyd howe is a good company to work for. Health and safety is good. Budget to replace broken items a positive. Unfortunately you work in a team where not every one has the same work ethic. A good tip is don't get good at your job or else you'll be doing a bit of everyone else's. Bonus of having free meals. Food wastage is a very real problem, this is due to poor ordering and generally not caring about the money or labour that goes into ordering, cooking and disposing of wasted food. It all adds up. Laziness amongst other team members and a 'see how much I can get away with not doing' atmosphere. Most of the time the gears in the cog work to get the job done. Pay doesn't reflect labour put in daily.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

More work then needed due to laziness

Employee summary

Past employee not happy, would have been there longer if I was happyi would have stayed longer if i was better treated and management were more supportive

Pros

lunchess were free

Like a slave

The management was poorly and not nice company to work for! When you went for help, no one took notice and they had their favourites. I was bullied out of my job and ended up going to the doctors for help. Awful experience which I will never forget!

Pros

Lunch on site

Cons

You had to run around doing everything

Exciting innovative company

As with any catering company you work hard. That is what we do in hospitality. Hard working, passionate and innovative to work with.Helpful to get to know the wider business so that you can lean on other managers knowledge. Work in London and termly before Covid we were social and regularly talking to each other. Challenging dealing with people who don't want to work and are only working in a school as it suits their home life.

Pros

Fresh Food, Passionate, Innovative

Great place and friendly

The Duke of York school was a great place to work. The fellow staff were friendly and helpful. I would love to have stayed there but due to health issues I had to resign. this was unfortunate for me but if I get a chance I would reapply to work back.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Non

Passion and pride

A company with genuine passion for food and people. Everyone is hard working and take pride in the food they serve to children. Managers take on board feedback and support the development of their teams. It's a fun company to work for with the added benefit of excellent food everyday.

Pros

Training, food, operations teams

Bullying is rife

If your face doesn’t fit you are bullied to the point you want to leave. I enjoy the place I work and the people on site. But if you dare speak up or have a opinion that doesn’t match the managers from head office ( I like my unit manager she listens ) then you might as well leave, you will be pushed out by them picking faults in everything you do even if it clearly say do it that way in the guidance .

Pros

Friendly unit staff and nice school

Cons

Head office managers, paperwork, no support, poor communication, going up the ladder of managers like pulling teeth

Good fun workplace

Great company, nice atmosphere with lots of chances to improve and learn more. Although it’s a school company hours can be long but has a great culture and good progression opportunities

Pros

Free lunches - good training.

Cons

Little reward for extra help with development team

The big management times expect so much from the unit staff with no support at all yet pay the staff so little and always short staffed

Never wirk fir this company, they are just interested in lining the high managements pockets and no thought to whom keeps the companies units running with no thanks to the staff whom do so, They give unit staff more and more tests to do to take the responsibility off themselves, shocking company

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Management teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holroyd Howe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6