Holroyd Howe

Holroyd Howe Employee Reviews

United Kingdom101 reviews

howechefcateringpoorschoolfoodtrainingfree

Bad management

The management does not communicate very well at all and makes excuses that they're 'busy'. They would make me feel bad for having days off or holidays because we're extremely understaffed and employees keep leaving because of the poor management.

Pros

Good employee benefits

Cons

Long hours, understaffed and always covering

12 December 2022
Thank you for providing a review of your experience with Holroyd Howe but we are sorry to hear it has been a disappointing one. We would welcome the opportunity to resolve any matters you wish to raise; please could you contact us on hr@holroydhowe.com to allow us this opportunity. Alternatively, if you would like to provide your contact details via our website contact us section, we will be more than happy to contact you at a time that is convenient for you. We hope to hear from you soon and again thank you for highlighting your concerns. Kindest regards – Holroyd Howe.

Very good company, providing trainings, supporting

Holroyd Howe is very good company to be employed. The culture and expectations very high but on other side they very supportive. If you looking for challenges in positive way, that's the place. I'm working for them more then one year. Strongly recommending

Pros

free lunches, free trainings, providing uniforms

Cons

stick to the time

24 January 2023
Thank you for providing your feedback on Holroyd Howe, to which we are delighted to hear it was a positive experience for you. We are extremely grateful for the time you have spent leaving the review and wish you every success for the future. Kindest regards – Holroyd Howe

Insights into Holroyd Howe

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Absolutely avoid at all cost

What a horrible company to work for.They don't tell you half the stuff you need to do and then give you an unrealistic time to complete so.ethinv without even spending the time shoeing you how to do it.They Concetrate more on paper and admin work rather than the quality of the food.They didn't like my opinions when I spoke my mind.I was pushed out by the management ( especially my manager)My team was amazing though.But the stress from the management is just not worth it.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Too much admin work, no support in training, unrealistic targets, couldn't care less about staff and food as long as they hit the budget. Horrible company to work for

23 December 2022

Terrible place to work “don’t work here”

Staring at this place sounded like a good idea had all these promises that they decided they would never meet, management is sub par if that they sit there all day doing nothing even if you really need the help , no worry’s if you’re struggling you’ll get a disciplinary absolute joke of a workplace better off calling it a Circus

Pros

Free lunch (no selection)

Cons

Terrible management, no team work

23 December 2022

Avoid avoid avoid

very bad food practices, broken equipment, management just , labels over labels, lack of allergy awareness, cross contamination throughout fridges, toxic environment, no staff , run by agency, burnt food, mouldy food , out of date food being served

Pros

Cons

Toxic

15 December 2022

Average

Don't waste your time. Company and management are the same. Hardly any support, very disappointing. Why bother work for a company thats horrible, don't.

5 December 2022

Not a good company to work for at all

The management is poor, the manger is rude and doesn’t respect you a person your break is cut in half because everything needs to be cleared away, they don’t care about you at all, work you to death, don’t care about injuries or sickness. You’ll be expected to work sick, get told to ask for help when you ask for help you do not get it, false promises are made, if you injure yourself it doesn’t always get noted down in there injury book, breaks aren’t respected, during the Interview a lot of stuff is missed out and mangers gossip and will tell everyone your business

Pros

Cons

No respect

17 November 2022

Steer well clear

Horrible atmosphere Clueless onsite Management.........No supportBullies in the team not dealt with1 rule for 1 and 1 for anotherMassive staff turnover

Pros

Not even the free lunch

28 October 2022

Do not entertain

Worst company to work for 100% •management NEVER support•favouritism for certain staff•Big headed managers who think they are better than everyone else•NO support•DO NOT WORK FOR THEM

Pros

No pros

Cons

Everything is a con

21 October 2022

Terrible Management

Terrible management and awful pay in return. Worked there during the pandemic, was expected to complete over 50 hours of online training but then accused of not completing it due to spelling name wrong. Asked manager for accommodations due to health issues who got funny with me ever since. little collaboration and friendliness with colleagues

Pros

Food

Cons

Management, Stress

15 September 2022

Well rounded and collaborative business

I have really enjoyed my time with Holroyd Howe. It is fast paced and exciting with loads of changes past and present. I am still currently employed and will remain as I enjoy my work and the people I work with.

27 July 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback on Holroyd Howe, to which we are delighted to hear it is a positive experience for you. We are extremely grateful for the time you have spent leaving the review and wish you every success for the future. Kindest regards – Holroyd Howe.

Terrible management

I was with this company for around 2 months and the it is fast pace and stressful also extremely tiring it has the school i was at had awful management i also got food poisoning whilst working for this company

Don’t go there your life will become difficult.

Left the job disappointed with what was happening as opposed to what was promised in the job ad. And by the management.No staff to work Rectuitment process is so bad.Management never there to supportYou only get threatsHave witnessed bullying and always felt I can also get the samePoor communication Staff morale very lawHigh staff turnover (sign of poor man management)Very complex systems in placeOnly choose this company if you really want to make your own life difficult.

Treat people really bad

Never work for this company. They treat you really badly and leave you in the deep end.They really don't know how to look after there staff.A lot of people have left.

Productive workplace

Productive environment, can get stressful but you have a good team working with you. Ideal working hours, no evenings, rare weekends. Room for independent creativity within section.

Alot of favouritism

Management have alot of favouritism towards the employees who have been there longer. I was constantly asked to do overtime when there was multiple people to ask. On my second day I was told by the person training me that my training was over and that they expected me to know the job after only one day of being there I was lost I had no experience with the place. The people who have been there longer had this idea that because I was new I had to do all the work while they just stood around chatting they would also put you down if you forgot something or made a mistake the person training me was extremely childish and rude.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Managements favouritism

Avoid at all costs!

These cowboys are literally the worst company to work for within the catering industry!!!! The school itself is stunning but that's as far as the good points go! The "management" structure is some of the poorest I've ever witnessed in my 20 years as a chef! If you don't fit into the clique you will receive NO support or NO guidance at all, to say they have the job title of "manager" they might of well just won the job title out of a cereal packet!AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!! THIS JOB WILL DESTROY YOUR PASSION AND YOUR SOUL!!!!!

Nice workplace at times

Started out a great place to work then the expectations from the head chef started to become more and more and I ended up doing there job as well as mine. On the plus side I learned how to become head chef very quickly but on the other hand. There’s only so much one person can do… especially with no bonus or anything.

Very nice place to work..

I am proud of my choices and I recommend that company to everyone... Hire the management is the best player ever I seen in my work career. Please apply for job because you can be happy.

Pros

Cons

No long hours required.

Under staffed

Very under staffed got you to do all four people work when in ur a lot of heavy work not much family live all weekends and evenings long hours and wages are very poor

Unprofessional

I used to work for HH before leaving to get a job in care in preparation for my degree, it was great when I was there - easy work and pretty good pay and lovely people. I reapplied as I did not enjoy my current work, they rejected my application (fair enough). However, instead of replying to a message I sent them regarding the position, they spoke about me behind my back (I know this as I still speak to people from the job). This is extremely unprofessional - I do not mind that I did not get the job, however, to speak to others about why I did not get it (before I had been told) is not great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holroyd Howe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Holroyd Howe with

Learn about Holroyd Howe in popular locations

• Holroyd Howe
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?