Home Bargains logo

2.9
Work-life balance

Found 104 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,887 reviews

Good fast paced environment

Some hostility within the workplace Managers below are friendly and happy to help!Great if your a student and need a bit of extra cash but it’s not a long term job or career in my eyes!

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Bad pay, not enough hours to suit some people

Terrible managers high staff turnover

Terrible place to work, managers were horrible 24/7 and don't care about the employees. The managers shout at you if you do anything wrong - this incident finally lead to me leave. Also, the managers force you to do overtime and don't care for any excuse. Hands down the worst place I have ever worked, 1/10. STAY AWAY.P.S. Don't believe me, have a look at their staff turnover, it's truly atrocious/

Pros

Get paid

Cons

Long hours, terrible managers, low wage, boring af, rude customers.

Bully boys

Spoken down to by managers to the point of being belittled in front of customers too. Complaining to senior managers was a waste of time. On a positive side it’s nice to interact with customers. Many are elderly and they need help when trying to reach things from the top abs bottom shelves.

Pros

10% staff discount

Cons

Bully boy management

productive and fun excelent to work for

filling shelves/ how to merchendise products/ talking to customers and helping them find what they are looking for ,/ till work / stocktaking keeping shelves tidy and clean .working in a team and on your own.

Pros

staff room, for your breaks

Cons

worst place to work every

stay far away from here the management is awful and choose their favourites. i went home crying everyday and i was exhausted from working constantly and starting at 7:30 most days. absolutely no support from the management. get a 15 minute break for a 6 hour shift.

Pros

Cons

everything

Treated like rubbish

Home bargains was a good place to work for a first time job.. however it is very clicky.. if you aren’t part of the “loud” group no one will treat you fair.. the people on the shop floor are lovely.. the managers however treat you like rubbish and favour you for family and friends.. the managers will have to tell someone of their bad hygiene however won’t tell another member of management she stinks because they feel bad for her.. this manager also treats members of staff appalling because she is “lead sales” when she defiantly don’t act like it.. however the store manager is actually very caring and listens to your problems it’s just a shame the other members of management aren’t the same.

Pros

Easy first time job..

Cons

Hours aren’t great.. management

Treated like rubbish

Home bargains was a good place to work for a first time job.. however it is very clicky.. if you aren’t part of the “loud” group no one will treat you fair.. the people on the shop floor are lovely.. the managers however stay clear they treat you like rubbish and favour you for family and friends.. the managers will have to tell someone of their bad hygiene however won’t tell another member of management she stinks because they feel bad for her.. this manager also treats members of staff appalling because she is “lead sales” when she defiantly don’t act like it.. however the store manager is actually very caring and listens to your problems it’s just a shame the other members of management aren’t the same.

Pros

Easy first time job..

Cons

Hours aren’t great.. management

Just avoid

Not very good place to work everything would change everyday so if it was correct one day it was wrong the next day too much changing the aisles and was promised to get a promotion never happened in 9 years and never got to do early shifts if I did it was once a year

Manager constantly picks on staff,not able to talk to collegues while working,constantly watched and critisised daily! Seemed to enjoy upsetting staff

Leave your personality, sense of humour at the door and expect manager to be breathing down your neck constantly. Not enjoyable,such a shame! New manager much needed!! No point complaining to Managers boss as they are pals. Home Bargain head office if you are reading this ..please change Kendal Management.

Home bargains

Jobs include till operating, stocking shelves & tidying. Management is good, they try and accommodate shifts for you and you can always ask them anything. Minimum of 4 hour shift.

Nice place to work

I love the job I am doing but it is very challenging at times. I work on the till, fill shelf, tidy. I do everything to do with shop work. I get on with most people. You can work in a team or only

My job exprience

Well i was there for three weeks and was dismiss after that time i think they treat you unfearly no prober trainning if your face dont fit your out some people there were lovley. But i think some of the managers if they dont like you your out on the first strik

Ok

My time at home bargains was a good one, I only lived across the road so it was very easy for me to get to and from work, when I did a good job I was always praised and felt proud of the work I had produced.

Hands on fast paste stock taking

Basic shelf stacking job, with till operations incuded. Management were helpful and friendly, Work place was happy and friendly. Early morning stock take was difficult. Helping the public find what they need was enjoyable

Stress

Management always changing shifts on short notice without telling you and then blaming you for not knowing. High stress. Work load too much for amount of staff and get told off even when doing work. Could be store specific

It’s okay

People I work with are lovely but management have their favourites and changed the rules when it suits them If you aren’t in their favourites then they will pick everything out on you even if you have the tinyest for of white on your shoes it’s rediculous it is a shame on how it is these staff are lovely but it’s a shame on management

Only Part time work Available

Good environment to work, good staff, skill to learn on the job, Part-time work is good but could be better, Hourly rate of pay is good. Different role to work up to.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Part time hours

How is this place allowed

This place is an absaloutely wreck. The one in truro had a manager who could hardly tie his own laces. Lied about a member of staff to a higher up colleague then through a strop when he was caught out on Camera doing exaclty what it is he said the staff member did. Honestly i coped a mere 3 months in this dump.

Good place of work

Excellent first job, given me valuable skills for the future. If you're looking to progress in the company they give you all of the training that you need.

Home Bargains

Home Bargains is good for a first job as it shows you how working life will be, It shows you that working is essential. It is face paced and management are good

Excellent Company

Every Day is a new challenge. It could be working on tills, putting stock out or helping people with their shopping. No matter what. It's a great place to work and you can get a 10% discount on your shopping. It can help you to develop your skills like it has for me. They are a company going places and helping a community thrive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement