Home Bargains

Home Bargains Pay & benefits reviews

Bad management, Constantly having to rush else you get told off, Pay was ok, paid weekly.Management are constantly sat in the office on there phones (not work related) They never offer to help out.
Pros
Paid weekly, Staff discount straight away
Cons
Management treat staff poorly, More stress than its worth
Great company pay is good if you work hard they look after you. They have online courses and before Covid we would have a yearly Christmas party. Last year we got a bonus as well cause they could not give us a party. They are a great company to work for. Covid they were brilliant and gave us all 2 weeks paid if you thought you had Covid and they did it again during all the lock downs, they really helped me. Very happy there.
Pros
You get a uniform, and they do give small bonus and you can get extra hours if you want to.
Cons
They only give small contracted hours.
If you have kids don’t bother working here they don’t help around childcare hours are rubbish, ask for your breaks to be told to do something else Iv never know a place like this
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours on days and 2 hour shifts on other days, no family flexibility
Excellent place to work for they aways cater for your needs ie shift patterns etc im enjoying it Also great team always there to help you incase you get stuck
Pros
Good pay and hours to suit
Cons
Salary is good. But it’s stressful especially if you are not one of the favourites. Every manager have their favourites. Loads of discrimination. Managers get bonuses on Christmas and bank holidays. While the staff gets no bonuses . All the company rules applies on staff and on no management . Depends on the locality .. where I worked was super busy fast paced and rude customers so my experience wasn’t great
Pros
Pay weekly, good salary rates
Cons
Stressful, discrimination
The company management need to be more praising of their members of staff and offer bonuses. The company should acknowledge and be more supportive of holiday and leave requirements.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Was not given enough hours. Mangers dropped me from 16 hours a week to just 4 hours a week but environment overall was alright,wouldn't say irs the best .
Pros
Easy walking distance
Cons
Money was rubbish.
Some hostility within the workplace Managers below are friendly and happy to help!Great if your a student and need a bit of extra cash but it’s not a long term job or career in my eyes!
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Bad pay, not enough hours to suit some people
Really enjoy working at home bargains. Everyone is really nice , always kept busy. Good rate of pay also.Staff are very helpfull and nothing is to much bother for them.
Working for home Bargains is better suited for a student, wage is slightly higher than minimum wage but isn’t a job for life and certainly isn’t a place for progression unless your happy to praise management who are happy to belittle staff in front of other staff and customers, for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Pros
There isn’t any
Cons
Working your butt of to watch management drink coffee on the shop floor talking to each other
Working with colleagues is like a family. You get full training for tills, replenishing stock I. E fill shift, trained for using buffing machine by management for cleaning
Pros
Wage hourly rate higher than minimum wage
Cons
I worked here as a part time job as I was doing college at the same time. My contact was 8 hours per week yet most days I’d spend 8 hours there as well as being put on overtime when I couldn’t attend as I had assignments I simply had to do for college upon explaining that management didn’t care. The pay is ageist they give you the very minimum that they can. Majority of the time you will not receive your breaks and even then it’s such a short amount of time. I Adobe you to look elsewhere this is is a terrible place to work, when I quit so did others because of the same exact reason each staff member hated it there because of management.
Cons
Management, no breaks, long hours, no understanding for staff
Great place to work good atmosphere, teamwork is key. Having good communication with both staff and always putting our customers first. Even during this pandemics which has been difficult at times we as a team have gotten through the toughest of days.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Weekly pay
Whilst the salary is questionable, and area management is horrific. On site management and the people are awesome, you become kind of like a family and it is really one of a kind on the Caerphilly site at least.
Pros
10% discount and great company
Cons
Low salary
never praised or valued, literally will make you feel like "just a number"overworked and underpaid, avoid if you value your mental and physical health.
Pros
Cons
everything
The shop I worked at had great people but regional manager decided to make all students cut their hours so I went from doing 12 to 4 hours a week. What just made the job pointless as I wasn’t making enough to pay bills however they didn’t care about that they just wanted to make it so that students could only work weekends. What most students were able to do without their contract getting cut.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Everything else
Worked here for a LONG couple of months and it genuinely made me ill, the job is non stop, management expect far too much when they are lazy and just walking around on their phones. Manager in this store I was in, is so up her own back end, speaks to everyone like dirt and tries to intimate you on shop floor. Don't get paid enough for what you do. No praise. I hated working here. Stay clear.
Pros
Zilch
Cons
Worst job ever
Worked in the company for 3 years now not a bad job but very on going long hours some times good if you need the hours weekly pay is good management are ok unfair with this company is they will put you on the same jobs a lot especially if your on till for 9 hours with no chair standing in one spot also will sometimes cut hours for no reason you get rotas on an app called KronosMobile get 10% discount if you work a late shift always add 1 hour to the time the store closes that is to continue tidying the store or when your on the full shift you stay there until the delivery is all done and all put out on the shelves usually a fill shift is 6 until 11am but sometimes you won’t finish until 2pm management are good other staff members are good to work with takes ages to get trained properly tho
Pros
10% discount decent breaks
Cons
Hours being cut
This job is perfect for part timers. Unless you are in management you will only be in a part time position. 32 hours at max. Mainly staffed by young school/early college age or middle age/phasing to retirement. Team members are great and fun to work with. Typical retail job, fairly standard. Crazy during pandemic and christmas, which is to be expected. The only problem can be unreliable shifting micromanagement. Its not their fault it's more how tj Morris company is designed. But be wary. Overall I'd reccomend as a stepping stone towards another position. Let me know if you get to another better place.
Pros
Adaptable shifts, good workers, decent pay and fairly easy
Cons
Christmas, Micromanaged, Customers/clientel are the worst, no overtime
Home Bargains can be a nice to work with the right management. Floor staff great to work with. I work for Home Bargains and would not recommend them. Management and lead sales staff treat you like a slave. No talking to other staff and customers, only when necessary. Its work,work,work to the end of your shift. You never get praised for doing a good job. However, they certainly let you know when you make the slightest mistake. If Home Bargains could employ androids, they would.
Pros
store discount
Cons
welcome to the slave trade
Working in management i had the worst career with HB ever. Disciplined cause another manager at a different store went sick afyer a break up. Not my fault they went off the rails and was never penalised but i was even though i turned upto work everyday on time worked extra never got paid for what i worked. So if u want to feel unappreciated then i would advise HB for your next career move
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours, dnt get paid for hours you work