Home Bargains
View all Home Bargains reviews

Home Bargains

Home Bargains Employee Review

Worst place

Horrible place to work no respect for staff and other people overall wrost experience ever potentially get sacked for leaving with an illness would not recommend

Same role

Needs a shake up

Although 90% of management was nice, there was always one that made your work life not enjoyable. Not allowed to go home at allocated shift time unless all of delivery has been worked as no more stock is worked throughout day which is madness. This job is not for anyone with ailments or mental health.
Same role

The worst job I’ve had!

The worst job I’ve ever had! Long 10/11 hour days from 6am where you have to keep working until they say you’re finished and allowed to go home with only half an hour break in the morning. Suppose to finish at 10am but end up working till 4pm because they keep giving you more work, which we were told was only for the first few days but carried on for a month until I finally left. The management are awful and do not care at all. Slag each other off over the headset & carry out staff searches but pick on people by carrying on questioning them even when they’ve already showed they clearly have nothing in their pockets. The most stressful job, made me upset everyday & the amount of weight I lost because of having barely a break & just so drained from working too many hours. Don’t do it to yourself !

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no clear finish time, short breaks, mean management.
Same location

Great staff but hellish management

I haven’t worked at home bargains long but within the time I have made some amazing friends and grown as a retail assistant however the mangers at home bargains are between two extremes, some are lovely and make working there a treat but other make me feel so uncomfortable and judged for the simplest of things so harshly that I dread being on shift with them.

Pros

Friendly co-workers Great way to build experience

Cons

Rude and cruel management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement