Home Instead

Home Instead Employee Reviews

Early starts & late nights. Rushing around whilst watching the clock. Very stressful. Far away locations to travel to. Learnt a lot. Chaotic office. Continually pestered to do extra even on a day off. Loved the job and really miss the people I visited.
Pros
You don't have to wear a uniform.
Cons
Not supported enough.
When working for home instead there was a very relaxed atmosphere. It was also serious when it came to their clients. They are a company who care they care about their employees and are always there for you if needed
Low pay and low mileage rate for the areas they serve no appreciation by management made to feel like just number. Employed on a zero hour contract hours would fluctuate each week they promise you to see the same clients but that’s not true. Expect you to travel long distances to serve one client. No shadowing offered and training was appalling. Would avoid
Pros
Very rewarding job
Cons
Low pay uneducated management
Home care can be very challenging and stressful yet so rewarding to help the clients achieve whatever they require, there is personal care attributed to the service in some client requirements which bothers some people yet we've all been helped with it in life.
Pros
Flexible, rewarding, interesting
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
They will love you when your start, but if you don’t take extra work on they will start making you feel bad and feel like you can’t ever say no even on days off! They will start to tell you about your availability and basically have to be available 24/7 7 days a week and on call constantly to pick up calls where people have gone off sick which happens often and they don’t do anything about! Same people taking on extra work and burning themselves out no recognition or thanks. They forget you have a home life and make you feel guilty. Clients are lovely and most of the care staff. Office staff are rude and are very clicky if you don’t fit in they will make you very aware of this. Completely unprofessional. This company need people that are single and have no responsibilities don’t bother if you have family and children. Huge turnover of staff they recruit constantly to make up for the people that are leaving every week.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Rude office staff huge turnover of staff
This is my first time working in care and after hearing so many stories of staff being undervalued and under paid I am thankful that this company is nothing like that, it has given me confidence in the sector that it really can be enjoyable. Management are brilliant and nothing is too much trouble, they are flexible with families and do their best to help you.
Pros
Minimum 1 hour calls
Cons
Security of clients and hours
12 February 2021
We’re glad to hear you love working with the Home Instead network. Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to leave your thoughts for others – we appreciate it!
Wouldn’t recommend. Awful towards staff, but they are amazing towards clients. Long training process, tiring hours and distance you drive for what money you receive is awful.
It's a great company who pays well. They offer a lot of training and support. During the pandemic they have reached out to care givers a lot. Prior to the pandemic, they make a lot of effort to get all the staff together (but can be difficult due to the nature of the business 😊). It can take a while to build up regular hours and your availability needs to be around the clients needs to get those hours, but if you can cover calls it is a much quicker way to build your hours. Knowing the service, you will see that schedulers will call those that say yes a lot first as it saves their time to cover the next call. 😉
Pros
Good pay, training, support and perks when possible
Cons
Securing regular hours that suit you
The first initial feeling is of a great company that care, once you have your foot in the door however things change. The training is informative, the other caregivers and the clients are lovely but management are a big let down. Your treated like your family commitments and health are not important and are made to feel bad if you cant do a shift at the drop of a hat. To much backstabbing about the carers that actually are out doing the work from in the office.
Pros
Caregivers, clients
Cons
Managers
2 February 2021
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt, our Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach Toni at (402) 205-8392. Thank you.
I did some temporary work for Home Instead for about 6 months a few years ago when looking for something else. I loved the culture of the company, they take time to match the interests of the client with the carer. They also insist on full training before being able to pick up calls.The staff were friendly helpful and professional and I always felt able to call the office or pop in to speak to someone if I was passing. I often felt as if I wasn’t really working. I had regular calls and covered colleagues when necessary. I think other care companies can learn a lot from Home Instead. I would definitely work for them again if I wanted an extra income.
Pros
Work fitted around another part time job.
Cons
Can’t really think of any
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Home Instead?
I was over the moon working for home instead but unfortunately I could not stay with them very long as the work just wasn’t coming my way fast enough. I love the way they work and dnt just send you to any calls but I was waiting around for calls to come my way. Nothing really bad to say about them! Lovely to work for just not for me, to much waiting around to start and build your clients up. Bills dnt wait to be paid tho 😢
Pros
Some what flexible
Cons
Not enough work at the start
After some time I wanted to increase my hours which didn’t happen unless you can call 3 hours a fair distance away acceptable. When I was offered employment at another homecare company I got told I could never go back! I didn’t get a goodbye or thank you after over 3 years service. Disgraceful behaviour. The homecare company I went on to work for were a joy to work for and the training far better.
Pros
Clients were lovely
Cons
Bad management
21 January 2021
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt, our Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach Toni at 888-484-5759. Thank you.
I loved working for home instead, management and staff are friendly and approachable, they are always up to date with training etc. They are supportive.
Pros
Good Pay, very friendly, excellent training
Cons
Not many hours
A typical day at work would be carrying out tasks that the clients require us to do. I wanted to do something around my family life and this role caters for them needs I have. The training was amazing there is an onsite trainer that is very knowledgeable and I learnt everything before going out. She also mentors you for 12 weeks. Everyone is very friendly and always happy to help. I love my job now and the feeling I get knowing that I've made a difference to someone`s day.
Pros
Hours to fit around your home life, rate of hourly pay good
Cons
I don`t have any
This company not only cares about its clients but it equally cares about its employees. They try to ensure that carers are matched well with clients and try to offer as much flexibility as possible to ensure your shifts enable a good work life balance too.
Good training good support system hours not regular as waiting to be allocated to clients. Hours allocated to availability. Clients visits no shorter than one hour. Regular carers to each client. Assisting clients with all types of care and support in their own homes.
Team in the office very two faced, franchise owner, had favourites and not open and transparent. Care manager rude and does not have people skills. Not a very happy atmosphere. Caregivers made to feel they have to work even if they are unwell
Pros
Meeting lovely clients
Cons
Long hours and poor management support
21 January 2021
The best care Company you will ever find. Very supportive and responsive and flexible. A company that cares equally about their clients and their employees
Pros
High Standard of Care
4 January 2021
Home Instead are the best care company I have worked for. The office staff are fair and you feel listened to.The owner is extremely generous and is a part of every day life in the office.You are paid per hour, not like other care companies which really helps, plus a petrol allowance.I have never felt so valued!
Pros
Sense of team work
Cons
Home instead employs you on a 0 hour contract and can give you 1 days notice to resign you, yet expect an employee to give 4 week’s notice to leave. (Speaks for itself really) You get next to no hours during the week and too many on a weekend ranging from 7:30am-10:30pm so that people who have worked there years can have the weekends off (basically being used). The amount of fuel you are reimbursed is nowhere near what it actually costs you. The rate of pay is very disappointing for the hard work you put in. One good thing I can say is the clients are lovely💖💖
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Low pay, 0 hour contract
29 December 2020
Loved working with the clients Company put too much work on to your schedule. Not enough travel time between clients. Not much time for breaks.only agreed to part time hours on a daily basis but ended up on daily schedules starting from 7am, ending about 9.30pm
Pros
N/a
Cons
Overworked
  1. Employee reviews