Home Instead
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Home Instead Employee Reviews

United Kingdom607 reviews

Found 607 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,884 reviews

Good Company but not a long term option

I worked for Homeinstead for over 6months and whilst I loved the job and the clients the commitment in hours is crazy - you only got paid for appointment time so if i was out of the house for 15hours i will probably only be paid for 8-9 hours.

Pros

Caring team

Cons

Long hours - many unpaid

Supportive Office Team

The management team are experienced and supportive, always available to help with any issues no matter what they may be. The team make you feel like part of the family from day one.

Insights into Home Instead

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility

Doing a career I enjoy with the benefit of a very supportive management team

I have worked at Home Instead for nearly 3 years and had previously had no care experience at all. From the interview process, the in house training and on the job support, I felt equipped to start my role as a care professional. Every day as a care professional is different but at the end of my shift I feel happy that I have helped my clients to keep as much of their independence as possible whilst staying in their own homes (most of them become like family). I have worked my way up the career ladder at Home Instead and am now a client consultant, however I still do care calls that help me to keep my hand in and also enable me to see what our care professionals are experiencing on a day to day basis.

Pros

Shifts to suit your lifestyle

Awful management

Expected to work extra hours for no pay. Management were awful to work for. Very high staff turnover all the time. Huge workloads but not enough time to complete the work.

Disappointing

After hearing how fantastic Home Instead was, I was so excited to take up my post as Care Manager starting off a new franchise. The excitement quickly went after the care manager training in Warrington which was nothing more than a waste of time as it took us 4 hours to travel there including having to stay overnight. Very poor content and no real purpose to the training. The challenges of working with an owner who doesn’t have a clue about care and spends most of the day writing on the whiteboard to then make a decision then change his mind multiple times was frustrating. This branch of Home Instead will likely never succeed due to the controlling nature of the owner which is a shame as it could be a good service if the price was reduced slightly. This company said it treats its staff well yet I seen differences in paying some care givers for training and again “changing his mind” about paying others. Definitely won’t be employer of choice.

They are really helpful

I like working there. They are really helpful and the other colleagues are also very helpful and nice. Everything went smooth from interview to job start. Highly recommend them

Tavistock

I was so excited to change career and train in care.Unfortunately everything discussed at interview and during other conversations didn’t happen.I was promised 20 plus hours a week but in the first week I had 7 which was ridiculous lots of current staff saying they didn’t have enough hours either.No training given to me for personal care so I Ended up doing two clients showers etc with no experience it was very scary.

You have to look out for No1

Enjoyed most of my 8 years with this company until I gave in my notice then they treated me dreadful so so disappointed,I was a good employee and always helped as best as I could but it seems that you get better treated if your more demanding for what you want, which I wasn't pity it took me so long to realise, I wasn't appreciated and thank god I left I'm so much happier and looked after and better hour's and money, would never go back and never recommend Home Instead West Derby Liverpool

Great people office staff lovely

Great place to workVery fairAppreciated by officeHighly recommend In house training was full on and well thought outDown side was the travel from client to client was very tight on time

Home instead

The company is not very nice to work for. They take advantage of you and never pay you on time.They bombard you with calls and exceed ur availability

Pros

Don’t work

Cons

Don’t work

Great company to work with

Loved it, great support network. Just needed regular hours, otherwise I really enjoyed my time with Home instead, had a good relationship with my clients

Caring and looks after their staff

Always seem to be looked after as a human being not just an employee. Loads of benefits. Have various courses to educate you more in certain topics such as dementia.

Pros

Blue light home benefits. And work do’s

Cons

Lovely management but not enough hours

Lovely management , easy to talk to line mangers abs they are very friendly . The only downside there are not enough hours in particular areas . Overall I enjoy working for home instead .

Good place to work from, very good support

A great team in the office to support you when you're out with clients. They respond immediately to concerns you have. Can be difficult to work early's and late's on the same day. Best rate of pay across the industry. Incentives and rewards are good.

Pros

Excellent support

Cons

Constant training

Lovely clients

Rewarding when clients are pleased to see you and your happy when you leave them safe and well and looked after.Fantastic when you see same clients everyday and build good relationships.

Not good all in all what a waste of time made me feel terrible robbed me

Not good working here had a terrible time they didn’t pay and won’t pay me don’t know what else to say apart from stay away far far away from this company unless you want to be robbed

Pros

Non

Cons

Lots

Official response from Home Instead

20 April 2022
Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback regarding this franchise office is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach them at 402.205.8454. Thank you.

Very rewarding

This is a very rewarding job and I feel I make a real difference to the lives of my clients. I feel valued as a caregiver and I am well paid and looked after even when I need time off for family stuff. Overall, very good.

Pros

Guaranteed hours

Cons

Some travel, but not much

Supportive and Friendly place to work

I have worked for Home Instead for nearly 3 years and have never worked for a more caring company, the extensive training programme is the best training I have ever been put through. Home Instead believes in delivering outstanding care and this really shows, the support I receive is brilliant and I love working for a company that's care focused and supportive.

Wonderful place to work!

Excellent culture, always positive. Great team work environment. Encouraged to progress. Training is really informative. The best place I have worked, I wouldn't work anywhere else now I have been here. Support for all Care Professionals is brilliant and the Office Team are knowledgeable and caring.

Downhill rapidly.

Loved the ethos of company on joining but rapid changes of leadership and shift pattern ruined its promises. Hardly enough visits to cover fuel costs let alone earn wages.

Pros

Great ceo. Paid training.

Cons

registered manager unapproachable, Not enough visits, costs of fuel not met.

Bullying

Awful company to work for, the management are bullies who continually disrespect the carers. High turnover of staff. The clients are lovely, but the office staff/management needs to change. For a company all about care, the office staff/management have a LOT to learn .

Official response from Home Instead

20 April 2022
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with this office and to give your advice to management. If you would like to provide more details about your experience with this office, please feel free to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at 402.205.8454

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement